Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iconic Stopping Tracking Mid Run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Iconic primarily to track my runs during marathon training. I had a Surge previously and never had any issues with it up until it died completely on me. (3 years old - probably expected)

My last two long runs have been 20 and 22 mile runs. At some point during both runs tracking just stopped on its own. Both times I didn't look at my watch for a while before realizing it had stopped so I had no idea how far I had gone. It was incredibly frustrating. If I hadn't been running with other people then I would not have known how much further I had to go. I am 100% sure I did not accidently bump the button to end the run. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm pretty upset seeing as the gps tracking functionality was basically the only reason I got the Iconic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Happened to me on a two mile run, mid run. I checked stats and it just wasn’t tracking anymore. Also had no record of what I had done while it had been tracking. I don’t have a fix and posted here looking for input. Other than people saying me too, there doesn’t seem to be a solution. I ended up sending it back due to many software bugs, and it locked it self over night, and then wouldn’t sync to phone to unlock.  Long story short, yup happened to me. I keep checking back at the forum to see if the update actually fixed what was a promising gadget. Looks like not yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, happened to quite a few users according to this thread @BMCG started a while back. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Crashes-during-exercise/m-p/2225154#M4735

Mine stopped during a long swim session once. 

People suspected notification to be the culprit but I wanna say I was out of range of phone bluetooth range while in the pool, so there might be some other causes of crash/reset.  Were you running with a phone on you and with notification enabled?

Your frustration is definitely shared. Reliability is the utmost aspect for people who want to track and record their performance. 

Ionic (27.31.1.16), Pixel (Android 8.1.0)
Best Answer
0 Votes