Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iconic has a mind of it's own.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Totally frustrated. My Iconic counts steps when I am home sick and does not record steps while I am shopping. I never had this problem with my Ultra. I got this because I really wanted to loose weight and get myself on a system. I have tried tech support and they have not helped. They won't send a replacement unit because they say it works. I can walk the same distance as my mom and her ultra will have 2 times as many steps as me. If we both stay home mine will read 3 times as many as my mom.

Can anyone help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Can I ask you a quick question, @Bonnie12345?  When you go shopping, are you by any chance pushing a cart?  The Ionic and any wrist-worn tracker (which the Ultra is not) won't count steps when pushing a cart.  You can however put the device in your pocket and it will act like an Ultra, but your heart rate won't be recorded.  Some people have also had success tying the device to their shoe, bra, or ankle, but I haven't tried any of these as I don't want to lose my Ionic.

In terms of it picking up steps when you're not moving, I assume you have your Ionic off your wrist completely?  If it is off and is placed next to something that vibrates (such as a fan or humidifier), the Ionic will interpret the vibrations as steps, hence why the phantom steps.

Anyways, I hope this has shed some light on your situation.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your input. I will try it in my pocket when I am shopping. The Iconic has been on my wrist when I am at home. I wasn't taking it off except to charge.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes