Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iconic not allowing me to text /scan foods

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Iconic not allowing me to text in or scan foods that are not in my recent or frequent lists

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

That is done through the app. Which app are you using?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @roxannes40! I'm not quite sure if you're having issues with text notifications also? If so, please take a look at the article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone.

I agree with @SunsetRunner in regards to scan your food. If an item doesn't scan, tap on the option to "Submit to Database" and follow the onscreen instructions. 

Barcode scanning is currently only available for the US food database. If you're using international food databases, barcode scanning is not currently available. We're working to have this feature available but don't have an estimated availability date. To vote for this feature in our community, please visit Barcode Scanning for International food databases. Our development team prioritizes the improvements that our customers are most interested in. 

Here are a couple tips for scanning: 

1. Please ensure that your item's entire barcode is within the scanning area. 
2. If an item doesn't scan, tap the X to exit the scanner and then search for the food. If the food item doesn't appear, create a custom food by tapping Custom and then Add Custom Food. 

Please us me know if you're still having difficulty.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do scan, however there are foods that are not in database. When I go to enter the information, it doesn’t always allow me to start typing in the search box

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the details provided @roxannes40! I'd recommend the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

I'm still wondering if you're using Android or iOS? If by any chance you have both, have you checked if this issue is only happening with iOS for example? I mean, try with the Android to see if the issue is also with that device or viceversa. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
ios
Best Answer
0 Votes