Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iconic not tracking same amount of calories during spinning

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My calorie burn is 220 calories below my spin bike computer vs my iconic. It doesn’t track spin class well at all!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @kerri5297, welcome! Smiley Very Happy

Thank you for sharing your inquiry with us. I'm glad to know that you're using your Ionic to get your daily goals.

In my experience when I try to compare my Fitbit with machines on the gym, not always get the same information regarding calories burned, for example spinning, whenever I hold the bars to see my heart rate, it usually shows either a lower or higher number than my Ionic. I think that since your Fitbit is with you throughout the day and PurePulse LED lights detect blood volume changes using finely tuned algorithms to measure heart rate automatically and continuously it won't give the same result than other monitors. Those reading plus the workout information help your Fitbit to come up with the correct amount of calories burned, your Ionic also uses your settings information as your gender, age and weight to determine the correct number.

Please make sure you're using "Spinning" workout from your Charge 3 exercise list and follow this wearing tips here in this post

Hopefully you will get better results. And please come back to tell your experience, it's always nice to know more about our Fitbitters!  Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer