Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iconic quality?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just cancelled my Amazon order for an iconic after digging around these forums and notices.  Is the product really as bad as these various posts lead me to believe?  I have a Surge and it works just fine seems hard to reconcile Fitbit would make such a poor bit of kit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@CM222, you must remember that people are far more likely to post their dissatisfaction with something than they are their likes.  Hence, among the millions of Fitbit trackers sold, you will see hundreds of posts by users dissatisfied with it, but not thousands of posts from satisfied users.  This greatly skews what you read on the  Forums.  FWIW, I have had the Ionic since last October and have experienced no problems with it at all, and I love the tracker!

Best Answer
Thanks for your reply. I agree people tend to post negativity rather than positivity. You only hear about the planes that crash not the 100’s of thousands that land safely.

I’ve read a few poor independent reviews and I hear Fitbit are about to launch a new device?

On balance I will stay with my surge and see what appears in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

A new smartwatch appears to be on the way this spring. It reportedly will lack GPS, but other than that it will operate on the same software platform as ionic and honestly it looks better, but taste is subjective. 

https://www.wareable.com/fitbit/fitbit-new-smartwatch-2018

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CM222wrote:

I have just cancelled my Amazon order for an iconic after digging around these forums and notices.  Is the product really as bad as these various posts lead me to believe?  I have a Surge and it works just fine seems hard to reconcile Fitbit would make such a poor bit of kit?

I went through 3 surges and wearied of moisture under the screen and delaminating watch bands. But at least they kept mostly good track of distance and pace when I trained and ran in races. I'd taken the surge's accuracy for granted.

The ionic has been a completely different story. See the GPS inaccuracy thread for more about this.

if you use your tracker for walking and checking the time you might be happy with the ionic. Or if you enjoy the challenge of beta testing this might be some sort of fun.

But if you consider yourself a competitive athlete - just stay away from the ionic.

Best Answer
Thank you for your feed back. I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes