Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I could get my Ionic to sync I would be so happy...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

That's about it really. So disappointed in this "premium" product.

On the day I bought it, it worked perfectly, slowly the inability to sync crept in. I updated the phone firmware (Huawei P9 Lite) and the problems continued, though syncing was happening, just intermittently and never when I initiated it. I then updated the app and literally haven't synced since then, not even by accident.

I am aware that the P9Lite is not on the supported list. However, it was working wonderfully, something has changed...if I could get my money back, I would in a flash. 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

After perusing the various posts regarding getting the Ionic to sync, and trying every combination of turning bluetooth on and off, restarting the watch and my phone, I decided to try a factory reset on the watch. 

Factory reset completed and I am left with an app and phone that finds the watch when trying to set it up, but that cannot connect to the watch. So it cannot be set up...what on earth are you guys doing to fix this mess???

Best Answer

Ditto. Mine won't update firmware or recognize wi-fi. My garmin just worked. I should have just gotten the apple watch. 😞  I've spent way too much time on stupid watch.

Best Answer

In my never-ending task of trying to make the ^%$^$ watch work, I read to turn the watch off and tried that. Held left single button and bottom right bottom and watch re-booted and now I have wi-fi available again and the &%@#$&^ watch synced. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat.

I bought this, discounting all of the syncing problems I read about. "I work in tech, I can figure it out!" I thought. WRONG. None of the troubleshooting steps you would typically perform can resolve the sync problems. Just when you are ready to pull your hair out, it works! In the same configuration as it didn't the previous 50 times. Everyone knows intermittent is the worst. Then today, it says "Bluetooth is turned off", click here to purchase Bluetooth Dongle...Interesting, I didn't change anything and it synced 2 hours ago.
Definitely looking into returning this, nothing should work 10% of the time, especially at this price point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have to say that it synced the other day after a hard reset and much frustration, then, just as it did before and without any warning...it has stopped syncing. :(((((

Best Answer
0 Votes