Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If i buy the Ionic today, do I have to update?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Do you guys know/think, if it will come with the new firmware already installed, or will I have to go thorugh what it seems to be a very painful process of setting it up?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

It's interesting to me that you guys switch Fitbits throughout the day for different activities. I didn't know people did that. I never even thought to do that. The Ionic does everything and so did the Surge. I can't think of any reason I would need to switch throughout the day. That sounds like a lot of work to me. If I tried to do that I'm sure I would forget to switch and then be mad that I had the wrong Fitbit on for whatever I was going to do.   lol

Michele from Belleview, Florida
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would not have to switch if either my ONE or my charge HR could do all that I want and need. I am hoping this will stop once I get the ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aurita -- You are going to LOVE Ionic !!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

ahhh I wish it was next week already so I can look into this, not this week

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Auntm001, I have very small wrists so the Ionic looks quite funny on me -- that's the main reason I switch.  The Alta HR does MOST of what I want and looks nice (well, I think so, anyway) but you cannot start an exercise on it.  I am thinking about training for a half marathon and I really like getting distance and pace information while I run, so I love the Ionic for that.  Also I have been doing some long distance hiking, and it is also fun for that and has a really bright screen that you can see really well even in sunshine (not that it is in great supply in England in late October...)

That's why I switch.  I have been wearing my Ionic just going around sometimes too, because it is such a fun new toy, even if it does look enormous on my wrist, but I think I will mostly still keep the Alta HR day to day once I can bear to put my toy away when I'm not running or hiking...

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my ionic 7 days now an today i finally got it set up when i was on a Wi-Fi not password protected. I still think mine has a few up dates i need but work it was more a framewire issuse.

SharonLDurham I have: Surge,Ionic LG Phone with Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you, that is what I thought about the accesories

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck!! 

It works, it doesn't work, some of the screens work, seems to me it's an expensive watch. Sending mine back

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do i send mine ionic back? Do i go back to Surge with an Ipod? What would you do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Sharon40, what are your issues?  Can we help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not shutting off right now but will after all updates are done on it. My problem is this if so many people are having trouble should i send mine back not all the way working... Want fully working one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sharon40 - If you are concerned that  your Ionic is not functioning correctly, by all means exchange it. I would caution you about drawing conclusions based on what you are reading on these boards. Remember that the vast majority of people posting are doing so because they are having an issue. People with Fitbits that are working fine don't tend to post on the product help boards. 

Best Answer

Hi, @Sharon40, itvis expected behaviour if it doesn't shut off when updates are loading.

Please di ket us know exactly what issues are troubling you.  There is always simeone here to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would never go back to my Surge. I love being able to swim with the ionic keeping track of laps while listening to music through my wireless waterproof headphones and now I go jogging without my phone and still listen to music and GPS my run. I have had no problems with the Ionic. I'll never go back to Surge. My phone is the IPhone 6plus and is pretty big. All my workouts are completely changed since I can listen to music without my phone. If you're having any issues I would call Fitbit directly and see if they can walk you through a fix or send you a replacement.

Best Answer

Just for reference.. My Ionic is version 25.16.7 .... This is what it came with. It has not done any updates since I first activated it. Does everyone have this version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Auntm001, that is the current, latest version.  You will get a notification on your Ionic and on your app whenever any update is available.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you all! @Julia_G I am all good an fixed now.Thank you

Best Answer