Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate heart rate readings on Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use Ionic ver 27.32  two month ago  when I set on desk at rest  it read about 95 when I check the heart rate manually it was 75 

During workout also has error the error between +15 to +30

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome on board @Essamm, it's nice to see you here! Sometimes your Ionic can't detect you have taken it off, and it sees what it thinks is your pulse. Note that if you remove your tracker but it keeps moving, for example if you put it in a pocket or backpack, or it's near to a fan, the tracker may display an erroneous heart rate reading. And there are some factors that can affect the heart rate readings. Movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake, and medication are some of the few things that can affect it. To prevent this, you can turn off heart rate tracking when the tracker is not in use.

Your tracker can have difficulty finding a signal, typically due to the tracker's fit. For example, wearing your band tightly may constrict blood flow in your wrist and affect the signal. We recommend experimenting with how high you place the tracker on your wrist. When you're not exercising, wearing the tracker just above the wrist bone--as you would a watch--typically works fine. However, moving the tracker up a couple inches can be helpful during high-intensity exercises or exercises that cause you to bend your wrist frequently. If you haven't already done so, please review our recommendations for wear and other tips shared by @SantiFitbit

Note that on Fitbit Ionic, the heart-rate value appears gray if your watch is searching for a stronger reading.

User-added image

Occasionally your device may have difficulty getting a strong signal. If you don't see your heart rate on your device, first make sure you are wearing it correctly. After a short wait, you should see your correct heart rate again. On Ionic, make sure the Heart Rate setting is On. For additional troubleshooting, see Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device?
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

e a several trails Dear @MarreFitbit, Unfortunately I have been made more and more trails based on the Fitbit's recommendations, warning and cautions  with the following ( Movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake ...etc), but the result still bad " incorrect heart rate value" 

Please advice 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and following the tips and recommendations I've provided you @EssammI have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps.  

If there's any questions present, let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes