Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indoor Rowing (Exercise Short Cut)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone currently enjoying my Ionic having recently moved from a Garmin Vivoactive 2 which has a preset for rowing (erg)  a knee injury forced me into the fitness hell that is rowing (using a concept ii).

How do I request an exercise shortcut for "Rowing" similar to circuits or walking that is already available?

I don't need it to read any info (would be nice) from the Concept ii as this is covered by "ErgData" software on my phone). But I would like to log the workouts via Fitbit.

Thanks everyone

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

When there is not a exercise short cut its best to use Workout mode. When it Sync's you can rename it

You can go vote for it here though

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Stationary-Rowing-Machine-Exercise-Shortcut/idi-...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

When there is not a exercise short cut its best to use Workout mode. When it Sync's you can rename it

You can go vote for it here though

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Stationary-Rowing-Machine-Exercise-Shortcut/idi-...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your help and I have voted too, fingers crossed. In the meantime I will follow your advice.

Best Answer

I am new to fitbit and have been using Google fit to track my activities for some time. 

I use a rowing machine everyday and was disappointed with fitbit's poor range of trackable activities. 

My workaround is to use the Fit to Fit android app to copy heart rate and sleep data from fitbit to fit and continue to track my kJ burn with fit. 

Best Answer

It's now September 2020. Two more fancy Fitbit watches have been released and yet still no rowing exercise! Please add this indoor rowing as an adoption, you have everything else already! The Samsung Galaxy watches recognize this exercise, how come Fitbit is so far behind?

Best Answer

Yeah c'mon fitbit. Rowers are incredibly popular. Add it already. I am starting to eye other trackers as my Ionic is starting to get long in the tooth. 

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat as Crockdaddy, my Ionic is getting long in the tooth and my replacement fitness tracker will be one that can track my Concept2 rowing machine. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for stopping by @Xfin

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Unfortunately Indoor Rowing exercise is still not available for the moment. I noticed there are a few Feature Suggestions posted about Rowing exercise on the Fitbit watches. Although these features are Not Currently Planned, make sure to include your vote, as this is always useful to continue to track popularity and demand over time.

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer

Hi Cindy,

Given the increased popularity of rowing as an exercise, it would be fantastic it Fitbit finally added rowing to the list of monitored exercises. I have used  the “Workout” mode and it doesn’t even accurately track the heart rate 😞 With the long list of exercises  already available, adding rowing should not be hard especially when other brands already offer it. Please add rowing! 

Best Answer

This is disappointing.  Not planned...... Customers reaching out to ask for help and this is a terrible answer. We'll screw you if you row customers I guess you bought the wrong product to track your fitness. 

Best Answer

I wear both a Samsung and Fitbit to compare readings.  I find the Fitbit Workout option significantly underscores my heart rate compared to the Samsung and personal count by hand.  Like by 30%. Fitbit needs to work on this, please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find "workout" yields very low heart rate values for rowing.   I find  Elliptical yields more accurate measures.

I,too, wish Fitbit would update to include rowing as an activity.  Really like fitbit but also wear a Samsung to crosscut.  Samsung give better results, I find.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Currently there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our web page at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the Community organized and prevent any confusion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes