Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Fitbit software on my Win 10 PC so I can transfer music & podcasts to Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I have received my replacement Ionic and want to set it up so I can listen to music or podcasts on it. I have paired an old pair of Bluetooth headphones to the watch & that is working well. I gather I need to install some windows 10 software on my PC to transfer music over to the watch, both on the same WIFI. Is that right? Can I do it from my Note 9 mobile, that would be a lot easier?

The problem is that when i go to fitbit.com/startup to try & get the windows 10 software it downloads an old copy of fibit connect, which says it is out of date after it installs (!!) and then tells you to download the software through the Windows App store. That download does nothing & does not run anything that I can see. Looking at the software specs on the windows app store it says the code was written in 2012!! 

I just want to transfer sounds to the watch & do not need the full fitbit app on my Laptop, as I have all that on my mobile. Can someone tell me where I am going wrong. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I did some more digging & it turns out it did install Fitbit Connect. It is not the best software in the world & it wont say that it is connected when it is... but I got it working now. I can create a playlist, put files in it, transfer them & then sync to the phone.

I will have to read how I can get Podcasts working, which is the main thing I want here.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I have told the watch to connect to my home wifi for the music transfers, which I have done. So that is 1 step closer. Just need to get the PC app side working now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did some more digging & it turns out it did install Fitbit Connect. It is not the best software in the world & it wont say that it is connected when it is... but I got it working now. I can create a playlist, put files in it, transfer them & then sync to the phone.

I will have to read how I can get Podcasts working, which is the main thing I want here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been looking for fitbit that has onboard GPS and a way to store offline podcasts. The ionic is the only one that can. Before I buy the ionic, does anyone know how I can transfer my podcasts from my phone to the watch?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes