Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent loss of connection iPhone 6s

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This week, my Ionic has stopped syncing intermittently (again). Went through all the steps and thought it was fixed after I “replaced” it on the app. Since diving in to troubleshooting, I’ve noticed, while watching Bluetooth, it connects/disconnects frequently and constantly. All other BT connections are constant and unaffected. WiFi signal is strong (5 feet away). Given all the similar posts about this type of failure, is there something I’m missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

First thing to note, you can't look at the phones Bluetooth to check connection. 

Second when asking about a phone issue it is very helpful to include the phone model? 

Is notifications running? 

If android do you have power management sent to not control fitbit? 

If there is an option for all ways connected this needs to be turned on, or it will only connect when the app needs to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry... guess that would help. iPhone 6s+  When I look at the Bluetooth it cycles from connected/not connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know anything about iOS. On android unless the app is set for always connected. The tracker will only be connected when the Fitbit app needs to be connected? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only sync when I open the app. If I sync all day it drains the battery.  My problem is that it won’t stay connected to my phone to sync now

Best Answer
0 Votes

This sounds like a hardware or firmware issue. 

When opening the app the app should initiate a connection to the tracker. The tracker normally should acknowledge this request and the sync should begin. 

Unless the always connected is checked, the tracker should not stay connected to the phone, but it might. 

Hopefully an iOS wizard will pop in

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the help. My problem is more that it won’t connect with the app is open. I have no need for it to stay connected throughout the day, but rather when I open the app at the end of the day or first thing in the morning. I’ve even tried to leave it connected and there is no change. 🤷🏻‍:male_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes