Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Bluetooth “connection failed” w/ Skullcandy headphones

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased the Ionic Fitbit and Skullcandy Sesh Evo wireless headphones. When I attempt to pair them (settings, Bluetooth, +audio device), the watch recognizes the headphones, but I always reach a “connection failed” screen. 

I have tried all suggestions already provided in other threads: restarted both devices, disconnected them from other Bluetooth connections, gone to the Skullcandy website for pairing tips, etc. Both the watch and the headphones will pair with my iPhone, just not with each other (and yes, I’ve tried pairing them with my phone’s Bluetooth turned on and off). 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Run4f00d Thanks for getting back. I appreciate that you mentioned you were able to connect Apple AirPods to your Ionic. 

We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

@Run4f00d A warm welcome to the Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

I appreciate the detailed information shared and the research done. I would like you to try putting your device on the same wrist of the receiver of the headphones. After this, follow this procedure to pair them: 

1. Activate pairing mode on your Bluetooth headphones or speaker.
  2. On your watch, open the Settings app 

> Bluetooth.

3. Tap + Audio Device. Your watch searches for nearby devices.
  4. When your watch finds nearby Bluetooth audio devices, it shows a list on the screen. Tap the name of the device you want to pair.
  5. When pairing is complete, a check mark appears on the screen

Let me know the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This did not work. I still get the “connection failed” message (with red X) instead of the green checkmark.

Next suggestion?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My friend has an Apple Watch and Apple AirPods, so we tested out a couple of things. My Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds can pair with her Apple Watch, and her Apple AirPods can pair with my Fitbit Ionic. So why can’t my Skullcandy earbuds connect to my Fitbit? Please, just be honest with me: are Skullcandy earbuds & Fitbits not compatible?  

Best Answer

@Run4f00d Thanks for getting back. I appreciate that you mentioned you were able to connect Apple AirPods to your Ionic. 

We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

are we any closer to getting this fixed, as the only reason i bought the fit bit in the first place, was to be able to exercise without my phone and still listen to music.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issues with the same headphones! Any update??  Wondering if the headphones are already connected to other Bluetooth devices preventing a new connection??

Best Answer

I just received the Versa 2 and Skullcandy Wireless Sesh Evo earbuds.  I am getting the same Connection Failed as the others on this thread.  I need to know if this is fixable and hope that I can return a gift (if not fixable) I have no receipt for as the buyer was told these earbuds would work with the Versa 2.  

Best Answer
Hi! I never got a response from FitBit about this issue. I bought a different brand of headphones & they connected to my watch. Good luck & merry Xmas!
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's sucks! I bought these headphones specifically to listen to music on my Fitbit. No receipt so can't return. Bummer 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  Support says they are working on it.  I have my doubts.  Fitbit will make me pay to return a product that doesn't do as they claim it does - that is just wrong.

What kind did you buy?  I can't get Fitbit to tell me which ones work.

You wrote this over 9 months ago.  Does this mean it's not going to be fixed?  Can you provide us with a list of earbuds that do work with your products?  I can't understand why you continue to advertise a feature that doesn't work.  Like others, music is the main reason I went for the more expensive Smart Watch.  And then, because of your false advertising, I have to pay to return your faulty product.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Has this been resolved? I just bought skullcandy earphones and they pair fine with all my other devices but not my brand new Versa 2. Looking for answers as the store I purchased from promised that these would work with my device.

Best Answer

Same thing. Fitbit Sense and Sesh Evo won't pair. Both will pair with other products. They just won't pair with each other.

Best Answer

Good Mornign Silvia.  Just wanted to see if Software Engineers are still working on the combability issue?  Which does seem to be the issue.  I got these SkullCandy Ear buds thinking they should connect to my ionic.  I had previous Plantronics headphones that had connected.  But, yeah, I get the same connection failed issue.

Best Answer

Does not work at all!

Same issue - still no solution from Fitbit. I’m getting slightly 

Same. They pair fine with the iPhone and everything else, the Versa 3 won’t let them….

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

At the moment, there is no information about this topic. If there is any update available, it should be communicated as soon as possible.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Since you can't seem to get this issue resolved could you possibly suggest WHICH bluetooth earbuds WILL pair with the Sense?!  It's not as if SkullCandy is an "off brand".  I have the Sesh earbuds mentioned above in a prior post. This is so infuriating!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to get an answer for which earbuds worked with the Versa 2. According to Fitbit, their developers have been working on the answer for years. Apparently they are the most inept developers in the world along with Fitbit not bothering to test their product. So I did what Fitbit probably hoped I would do, and quit asking them for a solution. 

Doing my own testing, I found the only earbuds that worked with the Versa were Apple AirPods. So you might want to try those, Apple apparently has good developers and quality control. 

Best Answer
I have Beats by Dre ear buds and those work too.
Best Answer