Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Exercise app message: "no trans0.5no trans"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a an Ionic and has been working great for a year. Anybody else getting this message when trying to exercise? I have restarted a few times still not transmitting and allowing me to choose a workout. everything else on the device works fine tracking steps etc.  

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@tifter Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the situation you are experiencing with the Exercise app on Ionic and the message you are getting. Thanks for restarting the watch in order to sort this out. 

This is odd. Could you please share a picture of the error message you are getting with me? This way I can take a deeper look into it.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've not tried it with exercise since the last update, but get No Trans messages on my hourly step, total step, and heart rate screens, and gibberish on others.

Steps this hourSteps this hour

Total stepsTotal steps

Heart rateHeart rate

Should be settings buttonsShould be settings buttons

Should be actual settings optionsShould be actual settings options

Best Answer

After about 30 minutes chatting with the 

Fitbit folks who were great I had to sign out of the fit bit app discounted it from Bluetooth and reset to factory setting and start over as if it was brand new. Mine when installing reinstalled the last update took and hour but after all that it works perfect. Hope that helps 

Best Answer

@runmom1266 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share those pictures showing the error message you are getting. Thanks for reporting this.

In this case, I'd follow the steps that customer support provided to @tifter that got him back on track:

• Try a factory reset (Go to the Settings app > About > Factory reset)
  • Once this is done; go to the Fitbit app and select the Account icon > Set up a Device > Choose Ionic and follow the on screen instructions (make sure you click on "Replace" Ionic). 

@tifter Thanks for your reply and for sharing those steps. I'm really glad to read that customer support was able to help you out with this and that you are back on track now. I'm sure the steps you shared will be helpful for other users too.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Will resetting time factory settings erase any challenges going this week? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I press my settings app it puts the icon on the screen and then the screen goes black and puts me back on the home screen, leaving me no way to factory reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just started happening with my Sense.

I've reset twice.

Now it won't show the clock face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes