Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Exercise shortcut for recumbent bike

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I switched from the Fitbit Blaze to the Ionic.  My workout routine includes 45 minutes on the stationary, recumbent bike.  When I used the Blaze on the Spinning shortcut using the bike, the calorie count matched the bike's readout--about 200 calories for 45 minutes.  After switching to the Ionic, the calorie count for the same workout has plummeted to only about 60-70 calories. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

If you are starting Stationary bike exercise mode on Ionic, then it sounds like a low HR reading. Have you compared the HR graphs after logging with Ionic and Blaze?

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

The HR readings were comparable with the Ionic vs. the Blaze, and both of them matched the HR reading on the bike.  But the Ionic is still giving me less than 50% of the Blaze's calorie count for the recumbent bike, and I'm getting fewer step credits.

Best Answer
0 Votes

might be easier for someone to help if you posted a screenshot of a Spinning activity recorded by Blaze, and one recorded by Ionic. Hopefully both are roughly 45 minute sessions. With that it might be easier for  someone to spot a reason for the difference you are seeing.

Best Answer

Don't have the Blaze any more.  But I had the Fitbit tech support people compare the workout data on both devices, and the HR's were comparable but the calories were much lower on the Ionic for the same stationary bike workout.

Best Answer
0 Votes

if you still have a Fitbit account, you can find all logged activities here:

https://www.fitbit.com/activities

without more details its hard to say

Best Answer
0 Votes