Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Face Dims When contacts Water

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the most recent firmware upgrade, my Ionic dims or sleeps when in contact with water. When I finish a set and turn my wrist up it re-lights. If I swim with a kick board and the watch remains above the water line, the watch operates properly and I can see my progress. I'm using the MySwimPro app but I don't see any place to adjust the setting there. On the Ionic itself, I have Always-on-Screen as the setting for swimming.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@EstebanNadador A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate that you mentioned you started to experience this after installing the latest firmware update. I would like you to double check that there are no other settings turned on such as sleep mode and restart your watch. After this please continue monitoring your screen and let me know the results. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. I'll be around if you have any additional questions! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply. I've ensured that sleep mode is off and I have shut
down and restarted. Heading to the pool in a bit and will see how it goes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay. Sleep mode is off. However when swimming just now I experienced the same issue. The moment the watch is submerged the screen turns black.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The moment the watch is submerged the screen turns black.

I only swam with my Ionic ONCE, before I decided the risk of water ingest was too great, and no longer allow it near water. But IIRC, the screen reactivates by tapping the screen under water. But this was in normal watch mode - no swim activity activated. The screen certainly didn't stay on. Perhaps it should in swim activity? Don't know.

NEVER EVER press a button while the device is under water or still wet. A sure fire way to kill it. I think that is how I killed the Versa I had.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EstebanNadador Thanks for getting back. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

@PaulMe Thanks for your input. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes