Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 31.1.16

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/05/2017

We've just rolled out new firmware for Ionic to 100% of users! This firmware update includes:

NEW APPS AND CLOCK FACES

This Fitbit OS update provides access to new apps and clock faces from Fitbit, Fitbit Labs, popular brands, and developers. The apps span a range of categories such as Flipboard, The New York Times, and Yelp. New apps and clock faces will be added frequently. Browse the available apps in the Fitbit App Gallery.

For more information, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

FITBIT LABS

We’re introducing Fitbit Labs, which develops experimental apps and clock faces for Ionic. Install an app or clock face to motivate you to stay active, help track and interpret your behavior, and provide intelligent feedback. Choose to adopt a virtual pet and use your steps to keep them fed and happy with one of the FitPet interactive clock faces, or install the Think Fast app and test your ability to rapidly and accurately switch between tasks. Check back often for new apps.

For more information, see What is Fitbit Labs?

FITBIT PAY

Now you can add up to 6 credit and debit cards to Fitbit Pay on Ionic and choose which card you want to use for each transaction. When you’re ready to pay, swipe right on your watch’s screen to scroll through your cards.

Note this feature is coming soon to the Fitbit app for Windows 10.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Pay?

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

For instructions on how to update your Ionic to the latest firmware, follow this link

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
320 REPLIES 320

I am using Windows 10 and just get a graph of sleep and interrupts, no deep sleep analysis.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wear your FitBit tighter on your arm and a little higher up, it’s not like a normal watch. It needs quite close contact with your skin to get a good reading on your HR. Without it you’ll only get Asleep & Awake Phases shown.
Best Answer
Sent ionic back it stop syncing with the app

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent mine back

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
If that happens to anybody else you need to soft restart your watch. Hold the left and bottom right buttons till you see the Fitbit logo. Then go into your phones Bluetooth and make sure Ionic is connected after it’s finished starting up again.

It is a small computer, so it’s good practice to reboot it maybe once a week. Been doing it with mine ever since I discovered this and it not having sync issues anymore.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did that! Nothing! Sent back!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The next step would be to unpaid the ionic in Bluetooth settings. Restart the ionic app and it should sync back up. On a few occaision a people have had to actually remove the ionic from the fitbit app and add it in again (you do not lose data). Once these steps are done it should sync normally. On occaision a device restartor app close and restart might be needed if you switch clock faces. This mostly is with user made clock faces. 

Some iPhone users do not have luck with any of these. I do not know if it is iOS version, or iPhone model. I had an iPhone and got rid of it because everytime am iOS update came out it broke something I had connected to the device. 

Sense, LG V60 Thinq Android 10, Surface Pro Win 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

BigRalphN - that may be how YOUR Ionic's issues were addressed, but it's most definitely does not fix loads of other Ionic owner's sync-issues with this device. 

Best Answer

I'm curious, did you happen to try and download one of the third party clock faces? I have had two ionics, first one I had syncing problems and I took it back. At one point for a few min all the info disappeared off my watch and then about 5 min later it showed back up. I tried other Fitbits but I missed the Ionic so this one I bought one off the internet for half price. Once again, the watch worked perfectly fine until I downloaded a third-party watch face (the ones under "stats heavy") and out of the blue I started getting the "cannot be synced or found" error message again. I seen a few others speak of problems after switching watch faces and I can't help but wonder if the problem everyone is experiencing comes from the watch faces being downloaded. Both times my watch worked fine until I started using watch faces not provided by Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic was (and is) screwed up from the moment it came out of the box. It is 100% as FitBit configured it - no aftermarket watch faces. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A Windows phone or PC? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TuckerDan wrote:

BigRalphN - that may be how YOUR Ionic's issues were addressed, but it's most definitely does not fix loads of other Ionic owner's sync-issues with this device. 

There have been many people that this worked with. There is definitely issues with iPhone users. I am in multiple forums and these steps fix MOST users.. Obviously not all. These are not my steps. Others figured them out. Many refuse to even try the steps. That is their choice. They are just posted to try and help people. Hopefully others can use the steps to help themselves. Obviously they have not for some and as they keep saying they have returned their devices. I suggest you do the same. I did not break your device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
the problem is on both

Odoslané z aplikácie Pošta pre Windows 10
Best Answer

Both, phone during the day, desktop once a day, usually first thing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that. I was Leary about buying one off the internet but by no means are these watches worth$300. They are helpful but I can buy a laptop or a nice phone for 300+tax. I think it's just hit or miss. I wouldn't rule them out completely but I have to say I am definitely happier knowing I spent only 150. Hands down it's still the best Fitbit there is. I would try another one and see if it wasn't just a problem with the watch. You can always easily take it back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Quitter... LOL

Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TuckerDan, loads of issues I never experienced? You can't assume issues you experience are across the board. Technology can be flaky. I've never had bad luck out of the box. Bad updates can kill a good product, though.

Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes

@admmck81

Are you not aware of the contents of the thread you're posting in or are you just electing to be willfully ignorant? These problems are hardly an isolated incident.

Best Answer

I'm aware of issues I am personally experiencing. You can't paint issues with a broad stroke. Just as I can't say it is not an issue for anyone because it's not an issue for me. I'm only saying it's not as widespread collectively as you make it out to be.

Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes
The issue is not whether or not any issue is happening to simply one person
or everyone. The issue is that these myriads of bugs and letdowns are
happening in the first place. The Ionic seems entirely that it was barely
into Beta before it hit shelves.

Only after I got a free replacement did I realize how inflated the
marketing points are about the Ionic really were.

Put the flack back on fitbit, not a minor technicality of someones post.

I.e. After two firmware updates, should we not have a way to set the time
on the watch by itself? Should there not be a way for it to auto update a
timezone via gps? Etc.
Best Answer