Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 31.1.16

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/05/2017

We've just rolled out new firmware for Ionic to 100% of users! This firmware update includes:

NEW APPS AND CLOCK FACES

This Fitbit OS update provides access to new apps and clock faces from Fitbit, Fitbit Labs, popular brands, and developers. The apps span a range of categories such as Flipboard, The New York Times, and Yelp. New apps and clock faces will be added frequently. Browse the available apps in the Fitbit App Gallery.

For more information, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

FITBIT LABS

We’re introducing Fitbit Labs, which develops experimental apps and clock faces for Ionic. Install an app or clock face to motivate you to stay active, help track and interpret your behavior, and provide intelligent feedback. Choose to adopt a virtual pet and use your steps to keep them fed and happy with one of the FitPet interactive clock faces, or install the Think Fast app and test your ability to rapidly and accurately switch between tasks. Check back often for new apps.

For more information, see What is Fitbit Labs?

FITBIT PAY

Now you can add up to 6 credit and debit cards to Fitbit Pay on Ionic and choose which card you want to use for each transaction. When you’re ready to pay, swipe right on your watch’s screen to scroll through your cards.

Note this feature is coming soon to the Fitbit app for Windows 10.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Pay?

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

For instructions on how to update your Ionic to the latest firmware, follow this link

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
320 REPLIES 320

I definitely agree the Ionic just came out from the Alpha stage and buyers are all Beta-testers now.

The worst part is Fitbit is removing features in respond to complaints. The latest UWP app just lost the ability to configure all the Apps. 😑

Ionic on Vivo Nex, HP Elite X3 and Surface Pro.
Best Answer

Providing complicated setup (watch & mobile app) for a such diverse phone landscape is complicated and as an individual I'm ready to walk through some technical problems as well but from the customer perspective it would be nice to see the Fitbit crew also participating to these conversations as well. Then it would be less like "you release and we adapt" instead it having more like "let's go through this together" -feel.

And thanks. The watch is awesome and works well. Only the synchronization (with Huawei P9) is having some problems.

Best Answer

Some chatacters are missing in Japanese font (e.g. "々", "【", "】", and so on). Do you have a plan for fixing it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi There, I am in the UK is this firmware update available in the UK yet as I don't have the update option yet?

Best Answer

Where do you look to find if there is an update. I think I am still on the previous one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last firmware is 27.1.1.16, the topic title omits the 27.

You can read your firmware version both from Fitbit App and from your Ionic settings as per attached pictures

From Fitbit App (top right)From Fitbit App (top right)From Ionic (settings->About)From Ionic (settings->About)

Best Answer

Hello, 

I'm in Mauritius and still no update available for my Ionic.

I've checked my Android app for several days and still no update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Apart from the Android app is there any way to update the Ionic?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There was an update on the Fitbit app for IPhone this week but it did not fix the sync. The only way for me to do the sync is to my Mac and then my IPhone get sync. When will they fix the sync issue with IPhone? When you "press" the sync button there is no indication that the phone try to sync 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am syncing my Ionic with IPhone ( 6 ) since October without a single issue... Also I don’t understand why you have to press a sync button. As soon as I open the Fitbit App it starts to sync. 

Best Answer

Could a MOD please remove me from the developer preview and add me to the beta release?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get any resolution for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's working but I'm afraid to do anything outside of track steps with it
(like add music) for fear I'll mess it up & have to start over.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have re-installed the app and the app appears to be loosing the bluetooth connection but the phone shows the connection is fine.  I am showing an estimated 55 mins to download possibly the slowest update known ever.. Fitbit have a long way to go before they have this one perfected it seems.  Huge money for less than satisfactory set-up.  My guess is that there must be a lot of returns on this one.  

Perhaps it could be the compatibility to Apple phone who knows.  

Does anyone at Fitbit respond to these forums?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What the heck?  My fitbit won't sync today.  I am on version 31.1.16.  What is the problem with the new version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's so sketchy, never stays synced or connected to the Wi-Fi, I've restarted the watch the phone the Wi-Fi uninstall reinstall, 4 hours I tried to sort it out and I had to stop before I lost my temper, kept wondering if it was a compatibility issue but I've checked and everything is stated on their website they are compatible

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is painful to read... so happy that fitbit has staff connnnnstantly
monitorrrring their community postssss....

"Just as an FYI -

I spent an hour chatting via online chat with FitBit yesterday regarding
the longstanding sync issues with my Ionic. The rep said that FitBit is
unaware of any issues with the Ionic and the firmware. I pointed out this
thread to her, and sent her the link, and she said "this is the first we
are hearing about it".

Nice to see FItBit making this issue OUR problem, instead of THEIR problem"
Best Answer

Oh, they're monitoring it, all right. I just got a private message from a site moderator telling me that they removed a post I made about legal remedies for their shady business practices.  Fitbit has sold us a device that is unable to deliver on the basic capabilities stated on the box.

Rest assured - they are 100% aware of this thread and the issues we are all having. They just don't care and are sweeping it all under the rug. Laughing all the way to the bank. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, so I have some good news and some bad news. I have changed from the "Trek4FB" watchface to "Nothing Special." Not sure it that changes anything yet since I have not switch back after my success with the Ionic.

Windows

Fitbit seemed to have enabled something on the back-end and my Windows 10 + Mobile app has the settings icon for the Watch Apps and it actually works this time! No more crashing when adding anything into the Apps! Sync is still spotty. Weather still doesn't sync consistently but at least it's on par with IOS and Android where syncing is concern!

IOS

I still am unable to add my Credit card to the Wallet and WiFi still doesn't seem to work, making updating firmware from an IOS device a pain in the as*. Sync is also the worst amongst the 3 platform. I don't blame IOS users. I blame Apple for not implementing a full Bluetooth stack and/or restricting Bluetooth on all IOS devices.

Android

The platform with the LEAST amount of problems. I just started trying to sync on a Samsung Note 5 and it was a far better experience compared to my iPad Pro. The app just pairs with the Ionic quickly and sync properly. I successfully added my Credit card and even though my HP Elite X3 is my daily driver, I have no issues using VISA Paywave. Sync is still spotty where the Weather app is concerned but at least it syncs after pushing "Sync Now" 3-4 times.

Yes I'm aware the Bluetooth from different devices will interfere and have taken the necessary precaution there.

WiFi is only used for updating the Ionic firmware and transferring music. At other times, WiFi is switched off after a minute or so of inactivity to save power on the Ionic. The Ionic will also not allow you to switch on WiFi if its power is less than 25-30%. So you need to plug in to use WiFi, which is a shame because WiFi syncing will probably be much faster and more stable.

Fitbit still needs to improve their Bluetooth sync, especially with IOS devices and add the ability to add Credit card in the Windows App. So now you know which device to use for your Ionic.

Ionic on Vivo Nex, HP Elite X3 and Surface Pro.
Best Answer

Has anyone else experienced an app crash on Android when trying to edit a "Workout" exercise to something else? Every time I try to edit an exercise to define what it was, the moment I tap that dropdown the app closes.

Best Answer
0 Votes