Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 31.1.16

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/05/2017

We've just rolled out new firmware for Ionic to 100% of users! This firmware update includes:

NEW APPS AND CLOCK FACES

This Fitbit OS update provides access to new apps and clock faces from Fitbit, Fitbit Labs, popular brands, and developers. The apps span a range of categories such as Flipboard, The New York Times, and Yelp. New apps and clock faces will be added frequently. Browse the available apps in the Fitbit App Gallery.

For more information, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

FITBIT LABS

We’re introducing Fitbit Labs, which develops experimental apps and clock faces for Ionic. Install an app or clock face to motivate you to stay active, help track and interpret your behavior, and provide intelligent feedback. Choose to adopt a virtual pet and use your steps to keep them fed and happy with one of the FitPet interactive clock faces, or install the Think Fast app and test your ability to rapidly and accurately switch between tasks. Check back often for new apps.

For more information, see What is Fitbit Labs?

FITBIT PAY

Now you can add up to 6 credit and debit cards to Fitbit Pay on Ionic and choose which card you want to use for each transaction. When you’re ready to pay, swipe right on your watch’s screen to scroll through your cards.

Note this feature is coming soon to the Fitbit app for Windows 10.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Pay?

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

For instructions on how to update your Ionic to the latest firmware, follow this link

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
320 REPLIES 320

Ok it's done now. I have the new app gallery and watch face gallery. Hope the bugs are now gone, I will test it out. I noticed if you keep your other devices away it seems to update better. Good luck everyone!!

iPhone 7 Plus ios11.1 Samsung, Sense, Ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone know where the update notes are for this firmware update? Just curious what changed in this update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same experience, although I didn't try to start the update until my 99% Ionic was plugged in to the charger.

I haven't noticed anything new / different yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha just as I bench the Ionic and update comes out, updated and back on my wrist, hopefully this update fixes a few of the gremlins that have creeped in under the hood.

It even synch'd my watch after the update, bonus.

Barry

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the update and everything seems fine! 

Anyone has a list of all the updates in this version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far, firmware update hasn't resolved sync issues. However, my trick of going to settings and adding a new device to put bluetooth in search mode, and then manually syncing, still works.

Ionic (27.32.10.20), Surge (Did not live up to 5 ATM Spec originally on tech spec), Samsung Galaxy S5, Moto G5 Plus
Best Answer

Started my update....an hour and a half ago and it's still not halfway done!  Updating via Bluetooth with no other devices (except my Alta HR so I don't miss any steps!) nearby.....my phone is nearby as well but the Bluetooth isn't on, so I don't know why it's taking so long.  This must be a HUGE update, my other trackers don't/didn't take nearly this long to update....my Flex 1 took like 10 min to update and my Alta HR usually takes like 5!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@DramaQueenDiva All the people downloading at the same time!! 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont think update notes have been released yet, however, this update enables the complete use of the app gallery and watch face selection on the fitbit app. Obviously major bugs were probably fixed as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screen "A few things to know before updating your fitbit ionic" stuck at loading any advice would be cool.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updating now. Hope this resolves the syncing issues. Would be great to see the change log for this.

Best Answer

I mistakenly canceled the update before it was done.  I cannot find where/how to update it now that the alert is gone.  I show the firmware version I'm on is 27.37.1.16.  Is this the current version?  If not, any advice on how to get the newest version since the alert is gone?

Best Answer

@tony420121 wrote:

Now the fitbit apple app is just sitting on loading... Bluetooth not working for update.

@tony420121, try turning off the phone's Bluetooth, wait about 10 seconds, and turn it back on to see if the download starts or restarts.  I had to do that with mine - when I started the update, it said the Bluetooth was busy so I turned off the phone's Bluetooth and turned it back on. As soon as I turned it back on, the update connected and started the download.

Best Answer

Had to work thru some wi-fi issues first, but I know I've been working on my update for going on three hours now. From other posts, it should only take like 15 minutes. WTH.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me as well,  I just tapped the screen and it showed up again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The game Astrofit is amazing! It uses the Gravity sensor to control and the bottom button on the right to fire.

Best Answer

That firmware version is the new update. You have the latest!

Ionic with S9plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Pixel XL user here. Had high hopes for the update.  Same issues. No sync (without all the manual workarounds), no notifications, and now new one - apps disappeared and won't reload (app gallery error) .

Fitbit - when do you guys admit this is a lemon and set up a recall program?

Best Answer

Too scared to do it! What if it's worse? Lol

Best Answer

update more or less bricked my device, if I was you I would return this "watch" as soon as possible.

Best Answer