Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 31.1.16

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/05/2017

We've just rolled out new firmware for Ionic to 100% of users! This firmware update includes:

NEW APPS AND CLOCK FACES

This Fitbit OS update provides access to new apps and clock faces from Fitbit, Fitbit Labs, popular brands, and developers. The apps span a range of categories such as Flipboard, The New York Times, and Yelp. New apps and clock faces will be added frequently. Browse the available apps in the Fitbit App Gallery.

For more information, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

FITBIT LABS

We’re introducing Fitbit Labs, which develops experimental apps and clock faces for Ionic. Install an app or clock face to motivate you to stay active, help track and interpret your behavior, and provide intelligent feedback. Choose to adopt a virtual pet and use your steps to keep them fed and happy with one of the FitPet interactive clock faces, or install the Think Fast app and test your ability to rapidly and accurately switch between tasks. Check back often for new apps.

For more information, see What is Fitbit Labs?

FITBIT PAY

Now you can add up to 6 credit and debit cards to Fitbit Pay on Ionic and choose which card you want to use for each transaction. When you’re ready to pay, swipe right on your watch’s screen to scroll through your cards.

Note this feature is coming soon to the Fitbit app for Windows 10.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Pay?

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

For instructions on how to update your Ionic to the latest firmware, follow this link

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
320 REPLIES 320

Mine via bluetooth has been over 20 mins and does not seem moving at all. This could brick my watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@michaelye168, make sure your phone's battery is strong enough to complete the download, or plug in the charge cable to it - the battery on my phone went from 63% down to 30% during the download.

Best Answer

I found this. It has summary of the changes on the upgrade.

https://www.androidauthority.com/fitbit-ionic-software-update-820250/amp/

@HealthyLiving12 wrote:

Did the update and everything seems fine! 

Anyone has a list of all the updates in this version?

Ionic with S9plus
Best Answer

If the battery dies during firmware, I have reset mine 6 times and it finally appears to beginning the update process..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just called the support and I was told through BT, it will take 3 hrs and via WIFI 30mins. I will wait and see with both Ionic and my phone charging...

Best Answer
0 Votes

An hour in to it and a little more than halfway. Guess I will have to leave it running and go out without it. Doing it via the Windows 10 desktop app and the bluetooth dongle. Have the charger plugged in to a USB port so the battery doesn't die.

A little warning about how long it would take would have been appreciated.

Best Answer

Sure would have loved to see the future inclusion of Spotify instead of Deezer.  At least we're getting somewhere, though.

Best Answer

Just updated via wifi - about 45 minutes - no issues. Perusing the watch faces/app gallery now.

Best Answer

Great!!

The whole update process took about 20 minutes. I experienced no problem at all.

Great clockfaces available. (I already saw Terry's clockface on twitter and it's great to see it on my watch now). Syncing goes very fast after the update. Haven't tried app's yet, but for now I'm very happy with the update!

Ionic (27.31.1.16), Android 7.1.1 on Sony Z5 Compact, Fitbit Flyer
Best Answer

Well.. almost 4 hours into updating by Bluetooth and looks to be at about 30% done so far.

Best Answer

Just checked the clock faces...pretty cool

Best Answer
0 Votes

From the looks of it, this is a pretty big update with all the new apps and everything. So I suspect a lot of people are hitting it at the same time combined with the fact that the size of it is large while going over bluetooth.... I'm waiting until I get home since I have to charge it up tonight anyway.

Best Answer

One thing I hope is fixed is the basic problem of the Ionic taking so long just to update a watchface. I can grok 30 seconds but I've seen it take minutes to just put a simple watchface on it...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My update took 30 minutes. Opened the app, hit the update button, plugged the phone into the charger as suggested and let it go.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To be honest, I have a suspicion that the Spotify App might be coming but that is probably more of a licensing issue than a tech one.

@BeRoyalKC wrote:

Sure would have loved to see the future inclusion of Spotify instead of Deezer.  At least we're getting somewhere, though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At the top of this page...

@Johnny_Tapia wrote:

Anyone know where the update notes are for this firmware update? Just curious what changed in this update.

fitbit Sense
T-Mo Sammy S21 Ultra Running Android OS 11
Best Answer
0 Votes

@IamDefiler wrote:

At the top of this page...

@Johnny_Tapia wrote:

Anyone know where the update notes are for this firmware update? Just curious what changed in this update.

They don't say much but  https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2302

Best Answer
0 Votes

About 3/4s of the way there, super excited!!

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

Update:

Well, it took about 5,5 hours to download the firmware over Bluetooth, but then it kind of stuck after I pressed OK when asked to leave the Ionic for sensor calibration or whatever (the Fitbit Android app was completely blank and not responding whatsoever).

So I started all over again, at home this time. Now I actually got a wifi connection (first time ever!) and now it downloads a firmware update (the same one perhaps?) again. It's a lot more speedy this time, and the Fitbit Android app is responding as it should. So now I have some hopes of returning to a working Ionic with A LOT less bugs, and perhaps some new features (people have even buzzed about access to the app store!). It can't possibly be worse than it was...

Ionic connected to Sony Xperia Z5 Compact running Android 7 something
Best Answer
0 Votes

S7 full charge... Ionic full charge on wifi and bluetooth connected... 30 mins no dice... looks like they need to kill this update and release another.

Best Answer
0 Votes