Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 31.1.16

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/05/2017

We've just rolled out new firmware for Ionic to 100% of users! This firmware update includes:

NEW APPS AND CLOCK FACES

This Fitbit OS update provides access to new apps and clock faces from Fitbit, Fitbit Labs, popular brands, and developers. The apps span a range of categories such as Flipboard, The New York Times, and Yelp. New apps and clock faces will be added frequently. Browse the available apps in the Fitbit App Gallery.

For more information, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

FITBIT LABS

We’re introducing Fitbit Labs, which develops experimental apps and clock faces for Ionic. Install an app or clock face to motivate you to stay active, help track and interpret your behavior, and provide intelligent feedback. Choose to adopt a virtual pet and use your steps to keep them fed and happy with one of the FitPet interactive clock faces, or install the Think Fast app and test your ability to rapidly and accurately switch between tasks. Check back often for new apps.

For more information, see What is Fitbit Labs?

FITBIT PAY

Now you can add up to 6 credit and debit cards to Fitbit Pay on Ionic and choose which card you want to use for each transaction. When you’re ready to pay, swipe right on your watch’s screen to scroll through your cards.

Note this feature is coming soon to the Fitbit app for Windows 10.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Pay?

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

For instructions on how to update your Ionic to the latest firmware, follow this link

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
320 REPLIES 320

There are no where to be found. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried over wi-fi and it failed.  Been doing it over bluetooth for about 4+ hours now and not even halfway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 12/05/2017

We've just rolled out new firmware for Ionic to 100% of users! This firmware update includes:

NEW APPS AND CLOCK FACES

This Fitbit OS update provides access to new apps and clock faces from Fitbit, Fitbit Labs, popular brands, and developers. The apps span a range of categories such as Flipboard, The New York Times, and Yelp. New apps and clock faces will be added frequently. Browse the available apps in the Fitbit App Gallery.

For more information, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

FITBIT LABS

We’re introducing Fitbit Labs, which develops experimental apps and clock faces for Ionic. Install an app or clock face to motivate you to stay active, help track and interpret your behavior, and provide intelligent feedback. Choose to adopt a virtual pet and use your steps to keep them fed and happy with one of the FitPet interactive clock faces, or install the Think Fast app and test your ability to rapidly and accurately switch between tasks. Check back often for new apps.

For more information, see What is Fitbit Labs?

FITBIT PAY

Now you can add up to 6 credit and debit cards to Fitbit Pay on Ionic and choose which card you want to use for each transaction. When you’re ready to pay, swipe right on your watch’s screen to scroll through your cards.

Note this feature is coming soon to the Fitbit app for Windows 10.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Pay?

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

For instructions on how to update your Ionic to the latest firmware, follow this link.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Will Fitbit Pay work in Canada now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Took about five hours but the Ionic is updated. First thing I noticed is that there is now only a part of the cicle round the heartbeat icon lit. Anyone knows why

6B8E979F-E490-41BC-8635-E3312CEA136C.jpeg

Microsoft Lumia 950XL, Fitbit Ionic 27.31.1.16
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just about an hour using Bluetooth, and I made it!New retro clock faceNew retro clock faceMany possibilities.Many possibilities.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer

@ErikVerm

Probably showing a graphic representation of  the percentage of your maximum heart rate.

Best Answer

Still unable to pair with my iPad.

Microsoft Lumia 950XL, Fitbit Ionic 27.31.1.16
Best Answer
0 Votes

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

The link is to the thread on the crashing of the Alarm app. Is that an admission that that bug is the only bug fixed in this update?

Best Answer

@ErikVerm wrote:

Took about five hours but the Ionic is updated. First thing I noticed is that there is now only a part of the cicle round the heartbeat icon lit. Anyone knows why

6B8E979F-E490-41BC-8635-E3312CEA136C.jpeg

The higher you heart reat the more you'll see from the circle.

It's all ok.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to leave mine on my laptop doing the update before work, I've asked my Dad to keep an eye on it and take the device off the charger when it's done. Fingers crossed some of the bugs are fixed!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally managed to get the update to load. Device kept failing its Wi-fi connection and Bluetooth connection. The app crashed in the end but when I restarted it advised the device had updated.

FitBit app reports that the watch is running 31.1.16?

Device synced and Bluetooth connection remained for about an hour and now it’s back to not being able to pair properly.

iPhone X running 11.2

Ionic running 31.1.16

Best Answer

Mine has been going on for 2 hours plus via windows 10 via connected to my PC. This is a joke, FitBit have rushed the watchout without testing. what a mess. definitely going to rethink before making another Fitbit purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Saw an update, set to update, the Ionic is up and running, I can see the latest firmware at 31.1.16 on the "about screen", but my phone app is still stuck at syncing for ages?

Finally, the syncing is done, took a while.

Best Answer

I keep trying to update, but the update process keeps crashing. Any suggestions on how to get it to work? Is there a way to update that's not via Bluetooth or Wifi?

I general the Bluetooth connection doesn't work well and I regularly re-pair my Ionic with my phone to get my data synched, so I definitely need another option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit app says I am updated. Watch just shows grey fitbit logo. Have I missed a step?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fantastic update !! Thanks fitbit , brilliant! Great new clocks and features

Best Answer
0 Votes

@T_L wrote:

I just see some new clocks skins. What's about new features?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FaBBry wrote:

@T_L wrote:

I just see some new clocks skins. What's about new features?

There are new apps too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not able to download updates.  I tried to download the developer update a few weeks ago, and after an evening spent on the phone with customer service, we were not able to get it to download.  When I first bought the watch, I spent a long period of time on the phone with customer service.  I don't remember how we got the update to finally load.  I can't even download the watch face that has the photographic background.  I don't have a good data signal on my phone.  It says LTE with my signal booster, but it is not consistently fast.  I have satellite internet, which is also apparently not fast enough.  Is there another way to get this file?  It might work better if there was a way to download on my computer rather than using the phone.  If not is there a way to get the update prompt on my fitbit app to go away?  I would like to have the latest and greatest, but I may have to wait until the next time I travel to somewhere that has fast cell service, and I don't see that happening in the next few months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes