Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 31.1.16

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/05/2017

We've just rolled out new firmware for Ionic to 100% of users! This firmware update includes:

NEW APPS AND CLOCK FACES

This Fitbit OS update provides access to new apps and clock faces from Fitbit, Fitbit Labs, popular brands, and developers. The apps span a range of categories such as Flipboard, The New York Times, and Yelp. New apps and clock faces will be added frequently. Browse the available apps in the Fitbit App Gallery.

For more information, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

FITBIT LABS

We’re introducing Fitbit Labs, which develops experimental apps and clock faces for Ionic. Install an app or clock face to motivate you to stay active, help track and interpret your behavior, and provide intelligent feedback. Choose to adopt a virtual pet and use your steps to keep them fed and happy with one of the FitPet interactive clock faces, or install the Think Fast app and test your ability to rapidly and accurately switch between tasks. Check back often for new apps.

For more information, see What is Fitbit Labs?

FITBIT PAY

Now you can add up to 6 credit and debit cards to Fitbit Pay on Ionic and choose which card you want to use for each transaction. When you’re ready to pay, swipe right on your watch’s screen to scroll through your cards.

Note this feature is coming soon to the Fitbit app for Windows 10.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Pay?

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

For instructions on how to update your Ionic to the latest firmware, follow this link

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
320 REPLIES 320

@MattFitbit

You might want to check some of the other threads here. There seems to be an issue with your new firmware update that some of us have noticed. 

1) You cannot change user specified options on apps. For example, if something has an option to change the background color, and you change it in the phone app, it doesn't change on the watch.

2) Apps are not updating. Two that I use (others as well), Weather and Fitboard, do not update after sync. While the location part of the Weather app seems to recognize where I am, I see the "You need to sync" notification - even while the watch is connected to the phone app and has synced. Fitboard just tells me to relax and breath, and that's it.

3) Notifications are not spotty, at best. What worked flawlessly before the update is now useless. 

We'll wait for you to acknowledge this... and if others could check this out, that'd be great.

Best Answer

I had the same issue with no notifications. A reboot of my tracker fixed the issue. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

I have tied installing the update multiple times from my windows 10 phone and PC also running windows 10 via wifi and Bluetooth.  They all fail.

Is there a known problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The download was pretty seamless and I love the new Clock faces, but I am missing some apps, namely the United Airlines, Uber and British Airways app?

Best Answer

you were able to get your Ionic to syn with the LGV30? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems silly now, as I didn't realize it happened as I have never gone to
this screen, bu swiping right on the Ionic face takes you to a screen where
it shows battery and notifications... my notifications were off and there
is a "receive from phone". I don't know how it turned off as I have never
been to that page and never turned anything off. But did the update
yesterday.

It appears that I am getting all notices now, so far. We will see what
happens with the new day tomorrow.

--
Tammy Osterhaus
631-8890
Have a Great Day...!
Best Answer

@fscali wrote:

Updated to to firmware 31.1.16 last night. Love it. Fixed all the little issues with iOS and iphone X. Gonna keep playing with it but was very happy to see integration of the app store and pebble apps finally. Great job!Smiley Happy

I agree! I’m so happy. It fixed the little bugs I had with iOS and iPhone X too. I know some people aren’t happy with the clock faces but I love them. The only problem I’m having is trying to pick one. Lol! 

Best Answer

Yes. It is synching and working with my LG V30.

@DMJohnson wrote:

you were able to get your Ionic to syn with the LGV3

Ionic with S9plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

going on 2hrs via bluetooth. rebooted both ionic and phone and still one hr and no progress. no big red x. 

When I get home, I'll switch it to another phone to see if it updates faster. i had similar issue before with syncing and other app related issues.

YMMV.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Installed flipboard as sounded like my kind of app. Disappointed that you only get the title and opening paragraph on the ionic. Basically the app is pointless

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner

@MattFitbit

The last firmware brings some nice stuff, but I can confirm the weather update bug since the update. 

Edit:

I don't know what happened, but an hour later or so weather was properly synced. I have been fiddling with the notification settings in the app. Don't know if that is related but other than that I did not change a thing (afaik).

Edwin.

Ionic (27.31.1.16), Android 7.1.1 on Sony Z5 Compact, Fitbit Flyer
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had no trouble installing and I chose and love the watch face ActivStatFace

Best Answer
0 Votes

Watch and app say ionic version is 27.31.1.16, yet windows 10 shows ionic version is 31.1.16.

Why the discrepancy, and how do I ensure I have the latest version? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

15125969502601252640769.jpg1512599720267482051407.jpg

If you want to change the options on the clockfaces(color, etc.), you need to change the options in the "All clocks", not in the "My Clock".

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FastEddy-

I did a full reset, and it works, too. Flipboard is still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mandm7 wrote:

Watch and app say ionic version is 27.31.1.16, yet windows 10 shows ionic version is 31.1.16.

Why the discrepancy, and how do I ensure I have the latest version? 

They are identical. Customer Support explained the “27” isn’t relevant.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly still no Spotify

Best Answer

Sadly still no SpO2. 

Ionic (27.32.10.20), Surge (Did not live up to 5 ATM Spec originally on tech spec), Samsung Galaxy S5, Moto G5 Plus
Best Answer

I'm lucky if I can get that download speed up to 10. Plus, my phone keeps crashing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update took several hours but it worked the next morning when i woke up.  Thanks for the update 

Best Answer
0 Votes