Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 31.1.16

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 12/05/2017

We've just rolled out new firmware for Ionic to 100% of users! This firmware update includes:

NEW APPS AND CLOCK FACES

This Fitbit OS update provides access to new apps and clock faces from Fitbit, Fitbit Labs, popular brands, and developers. The apps span a range of categories such as Flipboard, The New York Times, and Yelp. New apps and clock faces will be added frequently. Browse the available apps in the Fitbit App Gallery.

For more information, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?

FITBIT LABS

We’re introducing Fitbit Labs, which develops experimental apps and clock faces for Ionic. Install an app or clock face to motivate you to stay active, help track and interpret your behavior, and provide intelligent feedback. Choose to adopt a virtual pet and use your steps to keep them fed and happy with one of the FitPet interactive clock faces, or install the Think Fast app and test your ability to rapidly and accurately switch between tasks. Check back often for new apps.

For more information, see What is Fitbit Labs?

FITBIT PAY

Now you can add up to 6 credit and debit cards to Fitbit Pay on Ionic and choose which card you want to use for each transaction. When you’re ready to pay, swipe right on your watch’s screen to scroll through your cards.

Note this feature is coming soon to the Fitbit app for Windows 10.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit Pay?

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

For instructions on how to update your Ionic to the latest firmware, follow this link

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
320 REPLIES 320

My watch under about says 27.311.16. My Fitbit app on my iphone says 31.1.16. What does the 27 mean on the Fitbit Ionic.

Best Answer

Pleased to see there was an update.  Tried to install twice but failed despite being right next to the WiFi access point.  Switched to Bluetooth.  Took an hour.  Hung.  all the sudden was off the update screen but still says 27.31.1.16.  Now says no update available.  Rebooted both ionic and phone.  No love no update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@laberet  Your version is the latest... 27.31.1.16 shows on my PC dashboard, Android and Ionic..

If in doubt go to the Apps on your phone and see if you have more Clock Faces....  There are now 20 Clock Faces.

@laberet wrote:

Pleased to see there was an update.  Tried to install twice but failed despite being right next to the WiFi access point.  Switched to Bluetooth.  Took an hour.  Hung.  all the sudden was off the update screen but still says 27.31.1.16.  Now says no update available.  Rebooted both ionic and phone.  No love no update.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit needs Spotify app people wiil buy it

Best Answer

Been updating since this morning and almost done.

Samsung s6 takes 12h. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A lot of the bugs that people were complaining about before seem to have been resolved.  Fingers crossed!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a galaxy S6, and the trick to dowloading the new firmware for me was to reset the ionic, then start the update.  It was done in minutes when I did that vs the hours beforehand.  I haven't had any sync issues since yesterday when I updated it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not work over wifi, i think ionic have many problem with wifi

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dniemeyer14 wrote:

I dont think update notes have been released yet, however, this update enables the complete use of the app gallery and watch face selection on the fitbit app.

The right thing to do would be to makes the update notes available when the software is released, so users know whether they want to install it or not - or, at least, install it immediately or wait a while.

Fitbit Ionic (v27.32.4.18) and Surge HR (v16.34.6.1). Phone: HTC 10, Android 8.0.0 (v3.20.710.2)
Best Answer

I got the available update notification in the app on my phone. I plugged my Ionic and phone into my laptop to ensure they both kept a good battery level, and the update completed in around 25 minutes. I was pretty much sitting next to my laptop wearing my Surge the whole time, so there was no noticeable interference from a second tracker. The Ionic synched to my phone quickly after the update - note that my phone is not (yet) on the list of supported devices but I’ve never had any problems with previous Fitbits.

I should point out that the Ionic is intended to be a birthday present so I don't officially get it until early next week, but I had an agreement with my wife that I could set it up in advance so I can use it "out of the box" and I extended that agreement to installing the update. But for this reason I haven't had an opportunity to really play with the Ionic yet so can't comment on whether any of the apps are working/not working as a result of the update. Everything seemed OK at first glance, but I can add more comments to the thread when it’s properly on my wrist…

Fitbit Ionic (v27.32.4.18) and Surge HR (v16.34.6.1). Phone: HTC 10, Android 8.0.0 (v3.20.710.2)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed latest firmware release yesterday, tried WiFi, didn't work so used B/T which finally worked but took lots of battery.

Now the sleep monitor doesn't work and the watch face doesn't show when I turn over my wrist as it always used to do perfectly, even after changing watch faces.  Now I have to touch the button to find out what time it is!!

HELP please...ANYONE!!

iPhone 7+ running 11.1.2 

Best Answer

Depuis la mise à jour sur ma Ionic, je n'ai plus de synchronisation bluetooth des données avec mon Samsung S7 edge ?! Avez-vous une solution ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine watch still says version 27.31.1.16 and doesn't show an available update on the app, although the app says 31.1.16

Not sure whats going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NickyNonka,  27.31.1.16 and 31.1.16 is the same version number.  That is the current firmware version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:
I too had an Apple watch Series 2 (and 1) and currently have Gear S3 and the Ionic and all of them reported silly resting heart rates, so it is not just the Ionic! 🙂

The thing is though, that Fitbit can do heart rate well. I had to spend a bit of time in hospital last year and my Surge HR almost perfectly matched the heart rate on the monitor they had me strapped up to. I don't know why the Ionic should be a step backwards in this regard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I give up. The update will not download. Customer service chat says it's my phone (Pixel), so tried my husband's phone (LG V10). Also did not work. Will try again in a year or so when I buy a new phone. Or maybe Fitbit will figure out what's wrong with their tracker.

Best Answer

Using a Galaxy S8. My ionic still crashes when you press the back button, go into timer, any exercise app--literally ANY--, alarms, and even from walking around (I'll try to flip to activate it a few times and end up pressing any button and -- wait for it -- it boots up from shutdown again. Stop following literally every videogame developer out there and start releasing ~actually finished~ products please! TWO firmware updates since ive purchased this ionic, and still all the garbage functionality since the get-go... I second the recall motion, jeez...

Best Answer

These sections of circles i believe are related to your heart rate and the different "zones".

One section filled = fat burn

Two = cardio

Three = peak HR

None = resting/low activity

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

that must of been one long shower

Best Answer

I can't get my firmware to update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes