Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.15

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: Fitbit OS2.1 has been released to 100% of users!

Hi all! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 27.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
463 REPLIES 463

Took mine back to the retailer today and swapped for an Apple Watch. Quite a dreadful few days for Fitbit and clearly something isn’t right. Good luck with getting yours back on track 

Best Answer

It would appear, based on the past two or three nights, that my watch has just stopped requesting a calibration. It asked for one right after the firmware update, and it failed each of the three times I tried.  Then, the following evenings, no 8pm reminder to try again.  *shrug*

Best Answer

@Balsam wrote:

... Idiotic unaccurate GPS and a heart rate function that is dangerous wrong if you use it to measure your pulse while exercising hard. 

This watch is not measuring your heart rate at all, its "guessing" your bpm depending on which exercise you choose.

I think this comes from slow sampling rate of the heart rate sensor.

Otherwise you would see the correct heart rate.

Can somebody confirm that?

Regards

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do love the new update with quick message replies on the Android, but my question is I am not getting the push notifications to my Ionic if it is a group text.  If one individual sends me a text, it works okay. Any thoughts on how to fix this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Steph999 

I had that same problem with my pebble, instead of using the stock messaging app I switched to Textra and then all text notifications worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a factory reset still not reply option on 32.10.15, Android 6.0.2 using android messages. app for sms.

Anyone having the same issue?

Best Answer

Love the quick reply feature! Already using it for like 1/3 of all texts. Being able to customize was critical. Would appreciate ability to customize emojis if possible at some point. Also I'm sure IPhone users would really benefit from the quick reply functionality if it can ever be figured out for Apple.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@avanarden: won't happen unless you upgrade your android. this option was introduced in Android 7.0 (API level 24).

sorry, but there's nothing fitbit can do.

Best Answer
Yes. I gave it a day then shut down Ionic and uninstalled app from phone (never worked in the past) shut off phone  waited about 2mins. Turned phone back on- reinstalled app. - insured all setting were set  as on - turned on Ionic -chevked notifications we're all on  re- insycned and BAM! Receiveing texts notifications are finally working! 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ToddyKra @SunsetRunner That's awesome to hear that you were able to successfully calibrate! 

@Chriswhite75 For anyone who may still be receiving the calibration error message, please be sure to update your Ionic and attempt to calibrate when prompted. This can be done by plugging your Ionic into its charger and laying it on a flat surface when prompted. 

@ammolilred @SandyLane @MissUrka @CMichelle Great to hear that you were able to update! If you still are not receiving notifications on your Ionic, I recommend performing each of these steps, including un-pairing and re-pairing your Ionic to your phones Bluetooth. 

Also, I did want to confirm that your Ionic will only connect to Wi-Fi for certain functions, like music transfer or firmware upgrades. Otherwise, the watch will not need to be connected to Wi-Fi. 

@ohwell @nasder To clarify, some users received the OS2.1.1 (10.20) update, while the majority of users received OS2.1 (10.15). These versions are essentially the same, however. 

@avanarden @Megg2004 @Boomer475 Sorry to hear that quick replies are not working! I will pass this information on to our team. In the meantime, could you confirm if quick replies are working for different apps (facebook, WhatsApp, etc)? Also, which Android version are you running?

@d_k Thanks for calling that out. I will pass this information on to our team.

@byte_mii Sorry to hear that we missed you on Twitter! If your Ionic is not syncing to any of those devices, I would recommend performing a restart and trying out some of these syncing tips. Let me know how it goes.

@Colinm39 @GTPune @SunsetRunner Thanks so much for the candid feedback on the update. Glad to see that it is going smoothly for the most part. Smiley Happy

@pointy101 Lets get that Ionic updated! First, I would review these steps to make sure you can get connected to Wi-Fi. If your Ionic is still having a hard time connecting to Wi-Fi, I recommend checking out these tips. Let me know how it goes. 

@Couchy Our team is aware of some connectivity issues with Airpods and are working to improve this in the future. 

@USAF-Larry Thanks for the assistance! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit

I would like to just say that the Ionic is working fine and we have 2 in our house. They measure distance correctly using GPS, the update worked correctly and first time on both, battery life is 4+ days & the calibration issue has now been resolved. Thanks fitbit.

Best Answer

@MattFitbit:

thanks.

i've got two users with the same "no-notification" behavior using message+ in here https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-not-receiving-text-notifications/m-p/2707767#M53786 and there's at least one post in this thread who's having troubles with textra - and one where textra works - so that one might relate to an too old android.

maybe you should also point out (more explicitly) that the minimum android version for this feature is 7.0?

Best Answer

So, I can’t answer what is fixed but I can answer what isn’t. Notifications?  I still don’t get those...  heart rate?  Still inaccurate...  and now, to add another “bug”, my heart health went from good (39-44) to fair (31) overnight. So, apparently this avid exercise enthusiast that works about (cardio and strength) 5-6 days a week for 2+ hours each day, can’t even rank average on my heart health and fitbit decided this overnight...  I just spent $300+ on my New Ionic and it is looking to be the last Fitbit I ever purchase. I love the app but there’s gotta be a better fitness tracker with a comparable app.  I guess yes time to start shopping since Fitbit doesn’t take customer feedback very seriously!!   

Best Answer

Screenshot_2018-05-12-16-08-37.png

Screenshot_2018-05-12-16-10-35.pngScreenshot_2018-05-12-16-09-54.pngScreenshot_2018-05-12-16-09-26.pngScreenshot_2018-05-12-16-08-49.png

@MattFitbit I'm on Android 6.0.1 (completely up-to-date for my Samsung S5). The only other messaging app I have is Messenger (don't have the separate Facebook app) and I can only "like" or "clear" but do not have the option to send a reply with words. I also tried with Hangouts, with no success (only option was to "clear"; same result as Messages). I've attached some screenshots that may or may not be helpful. Let me know if your team needs more information. (I bought the Ionic specifically for quick replies, so I'm a tad bummed that it isn't working.)

@MattFitbit wrote:

@ToddyKra @SunsetRunner That's awesome to hear that you were able to successfully calibrate! 

@Chriswhite75 For anyone who may still be receiving the calibration error message, please be sure to update your Ionic and attempt to calibrate when prompted. This can be done by plugging your Ionic into its charger and laying it on a flat surface when prompted. 

@ammolilred @SandyLane @MissUrka @CMichelle Great to hear that you were able to update! If you still are not receiving notifications on your Ionic, I recommend performing each of these steps, including un-pairing and re-pairing your Ionic to your phones Bluetooth. 

Also, I did want to confirm that your Ionic will only connect to Wi-Fi for certain functions, like music transfer or firmware upgrades. Otherwise, the watch will not need to be connected to Wi-Fi. 

@ohwell @nasder To clarify, some users received the OS2.1.1 (10.20) update, while the majority of users received OS2.1 (10.15). These versions are essentially the same, however. 

@avanarden @Megg2004 @Boomer475 Sorry to hear that quick replies are not working! I will pass this information on to our team. In the meantime, could you confirm if quick replies are working for different apps (facebook, WhatsApp, etc)? Also, which Android version are you running?

@d_k Thanks for calling that out. I will pass this information on to our team.

@byte_mii Sorry to hear that we missed you on Twitter! If your Ionic is not syncing to any of those devices, I would recommend performing a restart and trying out some of these syncing tips. Let me know how it goes.

@Colinm39 @GTPune @SunsetRunner Thanks so much for the candid feedback on the update. Glad to see that it is going smoothly for the most part. Smiley Happy

@pointy101 Lets get that Ionic updated! First, I would review these steps to make sure you can get connected to Wi-Fi. If your Ionic is still having a hard time connecting to Wi-Fi, I recommend checking out these tips. Let me know how it goes. 

@Couchy Our team is aware of some connectivity issues with Airpods and are working to improve this in the future. 

@USAF-Larry Thanks for the assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Megg2004sorry to be the bearer of a bad message, but the notification system which enabled the quick replies was introduced in android 7.0.

you also can't reply directly in your notification, as shown below. right?Android-N-Quick-Reply-Beta

the good message: with some hands-on effort your phone is upgradeable to android 7.

Best Answer

@d_k 
😞
A blanket statement of "Android users" was deceptive marketing in my opinion. It should have been "Android 7.0+ users" (besides you telling me this, I honestly couldn't find it anywhere. Possibly I didn't look hard enough, but it should be readily available information.). 

I get it, my phone is "old" in the phone world, but when marketing a device, specifying the build that a major feature works on would have been nice. 

(For example, when I purchased wireless earbuds, it was very easy to make sure the promised features were compatible with my phone because the requirements were listed. It wasn't simply "Bluetooth" or "Android" it specified which version of each would be required.)

Best Answer

Update day 5 with my Ionic:

You never guess, but finally, I could upgrade my Ionic with the .20. I don’t know why, but yesterday, I suddenly saw the screen was functioning again.

BUT: I still haven’t synchronized the apps that are not standard on the Ionic. Because on day 1 and day 2, I also had the upgrade, but every time I started to synchronize the extra apps that were installed on my Ionic in version .15, my Ionic crashed. 

So I will have it a try, tonight... But I’m not enthusiastic to do it.

Further, I went swimming today and during my swim (I recorded my swim with my Fitbit) the app crashed twice. So now, my Ionic shows me that I have only swum 3 lengths, while I swam 40 lengths... It didn’t count the lengths of the set when it crashed... 

Also, if I put my Ionic on ‘automatic’ for the backlight of the watch, I can’t see almost nothing on it, the whole time. It shows almost no light on the screen, so the ‘automatic’ isn’t functioning. 

Now, I will try to synchronize the apps to my Fitbit... So i’m prepared to see my Ionic crash again... 😔 I hope it won’t... I’ll keep in touch. 

I have a Fitbit Ionic since January 2018. It’s my 4th now, during my warranty of 2 years. I hope this one lasts much longer. Updates are dangerous!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Megg2004  i feel you.

its hidden in

Apps that allow you to reply to a message directly from the notification on your phone

so if the phone itself doesn't offer the "reply from notification" ( = below android 7) it won't work. i have no idea why they don't just say out. it's not even their fault, but by not telling it, it kind of gets theirs.

Best Answer

@d_k Yeah I get that app developer here, there are compatibility  packages to use instead of the direct OS calls for somethings. I also get why fitbit would not want to use them, if they exist for this call.

Just wish the app said something under the quick reply menu, all the messaging suggests it will work.

- The option is available.
- little note at the top, asking to give SMS access for quick replies.

Should have been a not supported message someplace.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@avanarden

absolutely! everything looks the way that one has to expect that this works.

Best Answer
0 Votes