Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.15

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: Fitbit OS2.1 has been released to 100% of users!

Hi all! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 27.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
463 REPLIES 463

I am so excited about the quick reply for Android!!  Woo!

?
Best Answer

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

So whats fixed?

GPS?

Inaccurate Heart Rate?

Calibration Error Issues?

All the Above?

None the Above?

Be a bit more transparent FITBIT. When fixes come out, its good to mention whats fixed. This way we know what we are updating and know what should be and shouldnt be working

Ever heard of a Changelog? I suggest it should be looked into

Best Answer

I agree with this sentiment completely. How can we know if the issues we were experiencing are expected to be fixed (and hence should not recur) or have not been fixed (and will still impact us).

Surprisingly, I just got the notification, but I already got my daily calibration reminder, so I'll need to wait another 24 hours to know if that was fixed.

Best Answer

"This release includes other bug fixes and improvements"

Please elaborate?

Best Answer

Quick replies seem to work as advertised. There are five replies available (which can be changed in the phone app) and tapping one immediately sends it right off.

Best Answer

I got the notification to update also. I’d love to take the plunge, but without a change log, I’m not sure I want to risk it. 

Best Answer

After updating I was prompted to calibrate for the first time since I bought the watch in October. Quick replies would be nice, but I’m not on Android anymore.....

There is also a small change to the way notifications appear. Instead of chat bubbles there are now lines that separate each one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still prompts to calibrate then subsequently fails, every.single.time.

Best Answer

Can we please get a changelog? What is supposed to be fixed? Or is it purely cosmetic with 1 new function (quick replies) and some navigation and UI changes? Or are the connectivity and accuracy bugs fixed?

Best Answer

@MattFitbit

With a message like yours above, you don't give a lot of trust to be honest... At least a detailed changelog is needed to convince me to update.

Trust in Fitbit is already very low.

Best Answer

@MattFitbitThanks for the informative post.. Looking forward to my turn...

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Could someone who has the update test out a GPS run to see if the distance tracking has been fixed? If this update didn’t fix the run tracking from steps to proper GPS distance then I think I’m going to return mine. Seems likely or it would be a fairly simple fix on the development team’s part and a pretty huge oversight so far.

Best Answer

Is this an upgrade for the Ionic firmware its self, or as I've found this morning an update for the Android Fitbit AP..???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit Looking forward to the update. I'm still missing a way to force the update, even if you aren't chosen. So many people doesn't want it, so why not make it available to the once that does, so we can give feedback before being wider released.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chriswhite75 this thread relates to a firmware upgrade

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep stages fixed?

More details please!

Thank you.

Regards,

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer

@Chriswhite75Both have occurred, the App V2.71 release, and now the Ionic OS2.1 with (27.32.10.15) on progressive rollout..

@Chriswhite75 wrote:

Is this an upgrade for the Ionic firmware its self, or as I've found this morning an update for the Android Fitbit AP..???

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@Mark2018It's difficult for me to respond because  Fitbit's and Android phone I have no issues with sleep stages since it was introduced and I went from Android V6 to V8.0.0 since then ..

I'm not sure where to start, but I notice the A5 is upgradeable to Android V8, whether that fixes your issue..I can't help.

What are your sleep stages problems ?

@Mark2018 wrote:

Sleep stages fixed?

More details please!

Thank you.

Regards,

Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

Feedback OS 2.1.

Dear all, after installing both OS 2.1  (Firmware Version: 27.32.10.15), an Android App 2.71 (2193273) i have a new menue under notifications (Quick Replies) till this everything works fine. But if i recieve a message and want reply i only have to buttons "delete". I cannot select the answer ?.

regards D.

Best Answer