Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.15

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: Fitbit OS2.1 has been released to 100% of users!

Hi all! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 27.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
463 REPLIES 463

Dear all my fault, everything works except Email.

• Text messages
  • WhatsApp
  • Twitter
  • Facebook Messenger
  • WeChat
  • Line

Feedback OS 2.1.

Dear all, after installing both OS 2.1  (Firmware Version: 27.32.10.15), an Android App 2.71 (2193273) i have a new menue under notifications (Quick Replies) till this everything works fine. But if i recieve a message and want reply i only have to buttons "delete". I cannot select the answer ?.

regards D.

Best Answer

Without a changelog, we will be just wasting our time testing to see if the inherent problems are fixed when in fact maybe nothing has been done about them.

What really will fix all these sync issues if to remove fitbit server. Why should sync go to fitbit server before coming down to watch or app. Why shouldn't sync be between watch and app before going to server?

Utterly disappointed!
Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerThanks for the quick correction.. Now you're making me envious because sometimes I have waited weeks and other times immediate like yours..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ruriimasuI have wondered that myself but I have no issues, the Ionic is slow sometimes, my One, Zip and Surge sync immediate. Like you, I would like to know why.. the syncing goes that way and I feel it's our backup to protect our data.

I found it goes for history first.... to the server... and in my case where the waist type Fitbits sync on their own via my Connect Dongle and I can see the argument.. I pickup my extra 1000 or so trolley steps that way because I'm in multi mode..

Many times when the Ionic is slow to respond on the phone I have found the PC Dashboard has my current Ionic data.

But regarding the Change Log... I have no other issues and I'm wondering what's not fixed for you.?

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@sfringer@imeson79@driver111

@MattFitbitPost says

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

If you click on that link it will give you more information

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2302/?q=OS&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB Did you click that link and read the release notes? It says the following:

WHAT’S FIXED 

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

No more descriptive than what @MattFitbit provided.

Best Answer

Does this update also include the ability to accept/reject calls on Android?

Or are we in an absurd setup where you can only interact with calls on iOS and with messages if you're on Android?

Best Answer

@Colinm39 wrote:

@Mark2018It's difficult for me to respond because  Fitbit's and Android phone I have no issues with sleep stages since it was introduced and I went from Android V6 to V8.0.0 since then ..

I'm not sure where to start, but I notice the A5 is upgradeable to Android V8, whether that fixes your issue..I can't help.

What are your sleep stages problems ?

@Mark2018 wrote:

Sleep stages fixed?

More details please!

Thank you.

Regards,

Mark

Hi Colin,

no problem.

It's not a problem from my smartphone.  Support confirmed that, it's a problem with firmware and app.

But I will switch today to S7, a listet one. 😉

I don't have sleep stages since I have the Ionic! Charge 2 works a long time but after one update I don't have the sleep stages. Reboot and factory reset didn't work.

So, the question what can help is:

Where and when is the signal or data missing?

So, hopefully this new firmware will help!

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@sfringerScrolling down more helps. A lot more info below that

What's Fixed

• We fixed an issue where some customers’ clocks didn’t update after switching time zones. 
  • ​We fixed an issue where some customers experienced syncing issues after interrupting clock face installation.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers noticed the Exercise app crashed after double tapping an exercise.
  • This release also includes bug fixes and stability improvements.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@Mark2018Thanks for responding.... and I hope your new phone will give you the results.  and.... if Support have said it's a problem with Firmware and App, maybe they are saying your combination of equipment and Android... a mystery....

As I have mentioned elsewhere I have no real issues and wish I could help others... Any suggestions I make can only be the vanilla help listings which seems to irritate many...

So me, with a non listed phone and no issues... even when I had a Strep throat a couple of  weeks ago I was isolated in a bedroom and 15 hours of broken sleep on one day..It picked up all of the under 3 hour sleeps in the old format  and anything over 3 hours were sleep stages.

Best Answer

@WendyB Alas; that's listed under:

FITBIT OS 1.2

FEATURE UPDATE

So those fixes are not part of the 2.1 update.

Best Answer

@Eckslax I received the update last evening and made my first run this morning. I did not notice any issues, but then things were working as expected for me previously. Not sure I can confirm, nor deny, whether there have been improvements to the GPS tracking for runs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for checking and responding. I’ve compared against a Garmin and Suunto and the Fitbit was noticeably off in distance and pace. The Garmin and Suunto agree with each other on distance within a few feet and within a second or two on pace so I know that it’s the way Fitbit is calculating distance with steps instead of true GPS distance. I wish Fitbit would fix core fitness features like GPS integration before focusing on fluff like phone notifications.

Best Answer

@MattFitbit, why the slow roll out???  I want this NOW!!!  At least give us an option!

Best Answer

And nothing about the missing sensor!

😞

End!Now free time!
Best Answer

Same here!

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, it doesn't...

Mobiel verzonden
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cantryboy @Colinm39 Great to hear that you are excited for this latest release! Same here. Smiley Happy

@SunsetRunner Great to hear you are enjoying the new quick reply feature! If you don’t see an option to reply to a certain message, quick replies may not be available for the app that sent the notification.

@Chriswhite75 This release is an OS update for both Ionic and Versa. However, there was also a release for Android that went out this week (v2.71).

@Harboe @VandyCWG Thanks for the feedback. At this time, we are not able to force updates but you can expect to see this update pushed to all users in the coming weeks. So stay tuned! 

@imeson79 @sfringer @driver111 @sixxdawg @Nicky89 @Eckslax @Mark2018 @ruriimasu @mrmarbury @Mark2018 If our release notes state "This release includes other bug fixes and improvements" it generally means that all fixes were backend fixes that have no customer-facing impact. If there will be customer-facing impact we will make sure to outline it in the release notes. Hope this helps clarify.

@SteveH @Colinm39 @WendyB Thanks for the assistance!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

OK, so my weather app has not worked at all for weeks now in spite of syncing to my iPhone.  So, today, at 75% power and on charge, I tried to install the latest firmware.  My Ionic died completely after putting in the pair code. I cant revive it at all.  I would appreciate any assistance as I can't seem to activate a support chat or find any information regarding RMA and warranty.  My enthusiasm for this device is beginning to wane.

Best Answer

Crossing my fingers that 2.1 puts the battery life back at 5 days instead of 3 and I can complete a reasonable bike ride on GPS without the battery dying on me before the finish.

A change that coincided with the jump to 2.0.

Best Answer