Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.15

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: Fitbit OS2.1 has been released to 100% of users!

Hi all! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 27.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
463 REPLIES 463

Such things are not able to fix the bugs. Just correct programming!

It's hard to understand!  😉

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

After factory reset reinstalling everything calibrating, nothing works for quick replies still. Do ionic watches have a call function. Because my reply button turn into a call Button after 4 days of working is that usual with ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an icon also and didn’t know it had a call or reply button. Where is this on the watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been in touch with the support team and was told to repeat the
troubleshooting steps I had already advised them that I had done.

i.e. Remove Fitbit from phone and readd.

This is not an appropriate solution when I have to do this EVERYTIME I want
to sync my device.
Best Answer

@Allroadchiver @Superdadof2 In order to further assist you, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team. Keep an eye on your email inbox! 

@22Summerville It's great to hear that you're back on track, thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

@Mark2018 Thanks for sharing your feedback, Fitbit is always trying to improve. 

@Trickyazzo Could you please take picture of the icon that you mentioned? That would help me to further investigate. 

@Leucocepha I totally agree with you, you shouldn't have to perform these troubleshoots every time you want to sync. If you're still having trouble I recommend replying back to the last email that you got from Support explaining this situation so they can further assist you. 

Keep me posted! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

I did the update

started working fine

then the other day my time was off, kept getting farther away from the exact time - now it's a day behind - still said Thursday and today is actually Friday.

then it started going slow when changing screens

then it got stuck in the fitbit logo

I charged it to 100% this morning and by the time I got home from work around 6:30pm- it was at 0% and I never got to see my watch on

the update killed my watch

Best Answer

Have they fixed the issue with messages + yet so I can switch back to that, or is everyone still having issues ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No the issues are NOT  fixed.  I got my replacmemt yesterday spent about an hour setting it up and no notifications STILL. Makes me wonder why the bothered sending a new one when the issue is clearly with the firmware update. 

Going to see if I can get a refund and buy the Samsung gear 3 instead after 4 years loyal fitbit customer this treatment of customers is beyond bad. In fact anyone in the UK fancy joining together and get it on BBC watchdog??

Best Answer

OK, that's it. I decided to not update. There are simply too many issues.

I am in fear. Fear because the update process of the Ionic is so amazingly vulnerable that anything could go wrong. The watch may end up dead. Or only half alive.

I bought this stupid device in February. It took me a lot of time and frustration to get it started. There are many connectivity (Bluetooth and WiFi) and accuracy issues (HR, floors, sleep, GPS). Now the thing still has serious accuracy issues, but at least it syncs and doesn't crash all the time. So it is somewhat usable. With Fitbit, this is probably the best you can expect.

I'm 2 firmware updates behind. So full of fear that trying an update, will ruin my watch or in the best case cause several hours of anxious and frustrated update-work. 

There are 2 devils inside the Ionic. And they are called "software" and "hardware". Both perform extremely poor. And they don't seem to talk to eachother. Fitbit probably tries to fix the first one. But fails over and over again, because also the second needs to cooperate.

So: I think I will never trust any firmware update for the Ionic. And I will keep an eye on the market. There are plenty of other companies that do seem to deliver fancy smart watch trackers.

Best Answer

@MaginB

Sounds good and I hope that!

So I'm now looking forward to see results!

Regards

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer

@Danahv I noticed that you have an open case with the Support Team, please keep an eye on your email inbox, soon you'll be getting the next steps. 

@alecrobs @N21TS Thanks for your patience to this matter, our team is currently working on so it  should be fixed soon. 

@Nicky89 @ed_cwenga  I totally understand your frustration to this matter,thanks for sharing your feedback. This details are greatly important since Fitbit is constantly working to improve their products and services 

@Mark2018 If you need further assistance don't hesitate in visiting the Forums. Smiley Happy

Catch you later! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

My ionic will not update! I tried it in wifi, hooked to my computer, restarted phone and watch 3 times, waited hours just to have it say, "failed" on my phone. My watch never shows anything. I have had the flex, charge, and alta with no trouble.  With the amount I had to pay for the ionic, it should NOT be this hard to update!! I would really like my money back, but it's past the 45 days. Frustrated because I have to research the problem with no resolution from fitbit other than a link to read which covered everything I've already done!!!

Best Answer

I've been out of the country the past month I was excited to get back and see if the new update would fix the issues. It took two days to get the new firmware to install. It worked for about a day. Now everytime it tries to sync it reboots and fails to sync. Same issue I had after the last firmware update. App's, music, notifications I don't know if they work because I can't sync. The iconic loses time when it reboots its currently 5mins behind. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the update my ionic keeps freezing when I get notifications (IOS) and also the exercises I do stop half way through and don’t record, not very happy considering I’ve never had problems before this!

Best Answer

Does anyone know if Fitbit actually have a team working on giving Apple users the same messaging notifications that android users receive?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CraigDene I really doubt it. Apple is pretty closed about that usually. That's the price you pay for having an iPhone is the lack of options usually.

Best Answer

I bought my first IONIC in December 2017.

It failed in February 2018 and would not function at all. It lasted 2 months.

Warranty replacement was a hassle and took too much effort on my  part to make it happen.

Now I can't get the watch to load the firmware updates. My notifications won't work and basically all it does is count my steps and show me the time. Really disappointed with FITBIT and they're customer service. I've tried everything mentioned in multiple forums and nothing will work.

Completely unsatisfied customer...

Best Answer

I completed the firmware upgrade and now I am not receiving texts or phone call alerts on my watch    can anyone help me out??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Inform support about your problem , hopefully they can help!

End!Now free time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well,.... After about a week working on this and reading posts all over the internet I finally got it working.

Samsung Galaxy Note8

I had to:

▪Remove the app from my phone

▪forget the wifi

▪unpair the bluetooth

Then:

▪reinstall app on phone

▪factory reset the watch

▪sign back into wifi on phone

▪turn on bluetooth on phone

▪set phone and watch right next to each other while within 10ft of my router

▪phone and watch at 100% charge 

▪watch plugged in and charging just in case.

It took about 30 minutes.

I did this 2 times prior. I have no idea why it worked this time. 

Its ridiculous that these steps are required for a firmware update.

Best Answer