Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.15

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: Fitbit OS2.1 has been released to 100% of users!

Hi all! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 27.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
463 REPLIES 463

Since the release I have had the following issues does anyone know how to fix them?

I have a new galaxy s9 all fitbit apps are up to date and I have the option to edit quick replies but that doesn't matter due to the second issue I'm having.

1) Whenever I try to edit a workout name the app closes. For example, I do a generic workout and go to the app to name it Zumba when I click the edit button it says fitbit has stopped working.

2) I no longer get phone notifications on my watch. it tells me "Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker" I have restarted my phone 15 times.

Any and all help will be appreciated!!

Best Answer

And what you referred to is for Fitbit os 1.2 not 2.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another firmware release and yet ~1 year later and still the Sp02 sits idle.

Ionic (27.32.10.20), Surge (Did not live up to 5 ATM Spec originally on tech spec), Samsung Galaxy S5, Moto G5 Plus
Best Answer

So @MattFitbit when you say the update is through the back end system that means there's no big bug fixes for the hardware/software? And it's server side?

If our release notes state "This release includes other bug fixes and improvements" it generally means that all fixes were backend fixes that have no customer-facing impact. If there will be customer-facing impact we will make sure to outline it in the release notes. Hope this helps clarify.

So you mean to say the people who still have calibration error issues GPS error inconsistencies, hearts rate inaccuracies are still unsolved and still going to persist? Then what's the people to do with a watch that's fully advertising a health tracker an accurate heart rate promotion that doesn't even do what it's supposed to do correctly?

I get that issue arise, and could be acceptable for a first year product.. But dude this is 2018. I haven't got a calibration error for my watch but the poor people who dropped 400 bucks for a watch that doesn't count steps, doesn't record heart rate, misses GPS measurements by 200-300 m even more.. Is pretty stupid and ridiculous for the price you are selling this thing as..

Best Answer

@LwrHrtRtFitbit are already using Heart Rate Variability (HRV) for sleep. As a staged release they could improve our lot by releasing that first like Corsense. Information about HRV here

I'm awaiting my Corsense Finger device which will give me the HRV data into my existing Elite HRV App.  I have been using that with my Polar chest strap with good results..

SP02 would be a help and Corsense are delaying their release as well... I have the Corsense on back order because I wanted an independent device to compare Fitbit's offering when it arrives..  I will have my baselines to start with.

I'm not pushing any product here but around the world it's happening...

Corsense statement.

The CorSense hardware is capable of measuring pulse oximetry (SPO2) accurately, but we need to do additional firmware/software development to bring that to life. Delivering accurate HRV is the primary focus for CorSense project, and we didn't want to introduce potential schedule delays for pulse ox. Since the CorSense device is able to be updated "over the air", we plan to add pulse oximetry for everyone - even if you already have the CorSense device before the pulse ox firmware update.

@LwrHrtRt wrote:

Another firmware release and yet ~1 year later and still the Sp02 sits idle.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@Pescho33  I have attempted translation...

Картата не работи и да махнете алармата от копчето долу 

The card does not work and remove the alarm from the bottom knob

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39:
Yes, Fitbit says that they use HRV and movements, but I don't get the sleep stages.
Now I switched to the listed Samsung S7, and also no sleep stages.
I assume bad programming. Research for long time but not accurate results. 😞

I know a bit of HRV, because I have problems with my heart.
Yes, I think also the other sensor can help, or better programming.
Also rework for bluetooth connection, then they should have more compatible smartphones. 😉

Anyway, other cheaper tracker can show to me the sleep stages, but I don't like their app.
Maybe I should change my mind, and I can save a lot of money. 😉
I have had the possibility to check my sleep stages with other tracker and it works.
But I don't like I-x. Just a check if something is wrong with me. 😉

Now we get a firmware update without all claimed problems fixed.

So what should we user do?

I got confirmation from Fitbit-Support, that my Ionic is working well and no problem with my A5.
And they are working on it to fix that problem. So was hoping that the new firmware will fix it.
But no information about that!

Unfortunately I like the design of the Ionic, or do you know another smartwatch with such a design?
And now I'd like to have all functions working as they promissed!

I know you will help, but you can't. It's all problems on Fitbit side.

Factory reset and reboot of the Ionic didn't help.
Listet smartphone didn't help. Battary of Ionic is full.
How can a reboot or factory reset solve a problem of bad programming?

I have had the sleep stages for weeks. After update non!
So why can't Fitbit confirm there is a problem and they are fixing these problem within a month or two.
That's enough time. And I assume everybody can accept that, when we have then a fully working Ionic.
The Ionic is not new to the marked. Versa has same problems, so what should I think about their development, research and programming?

The answer from MattFitbit yesterday: Message 38.
To me, sorry, not clarifiied!
If you are a customer, would you accept that? Hopefully not!

Souldwounder79, Message 44, asked the right question.
But I assume we will never get the correct answer. 😉

Hopefully some user with no sleep stage are posting they don't have the problem after new firmware.
Have correct steps and have accurate heart rate shown on the Ionic.
But I wouldn't bet on it.

Best regards,
Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer

@Pescho33 wrote:

Картата не работи и да махнете алармата от копчето долу 

I couldn't agree more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. Fitbit try harder.

Best Answer

How do we get more detail than "other bug fixes and improvements"?

This update is larger in size than the 2.0 update and the firmware revision when from

27.31.01.16 for FitbitOS 1.1

27.31.01.29 for FitbitOS 1.2

27.32.04.19 for FitbitOS 2.0

27.32.10.15 for FitbitOS 2.1

From FitbitOS 1.1 to 1.2 we has a 0.0.0.13 increase and this added improved GPS, and a number of other listed bug fixes for time zone switching (still not working very well), exercise issues, etc.  Yet from 2.0 to 2.1 all we are told is "other bug fixes and improvements" and the android quick replies.  for a 0.0.6.x increase.  Why can't we know what is actually fixed?  Or is this firmware number change just to sync them with the Versa?  Most other smart watches release monthly updates until the bugs are 
mostly taken care of with the exception of right before a new major release, Fitbit has never been close to that release schedule and there are definitely bugs to fix and improvements to be made.

Best Answer

This is the 3rd update since I have the Ionic end February. So the update frequency is fine.

But every single one of the updates caused so many issues with so many users that I just didn't dare to try. I'm still 3 firmware versions behind. 

We shouldn't be scared to break a €300 device with an update... Tragic. Fitbit's continuous failing to deliver reliable firmware paralyses users. I will wait for the reaction of other users here on the forum and then decide whether or not to update.

Best Answer

Since the update auto wake is not working  The option to disable and enable auto wake has disappeared from the screen when you right swipe on the clock  

Best Answer

I just found out the auto wake issue .It's now resolved.

Best Answer

Tried 3 times to update it

don't know why so easy to stop during the update

Best Answer
0 Votes

Think this update really messed my Ionic up....it was randomly shutting off after this update during music playback. Now it shuts off....tries to restart itself but takes forever. It gets really warm when restarting too...like the device CPU is working at 100%. When it finally gets to the main screen, none of the buttons or the touchscreen works. It then shuts itself down again after a few minutes and the whole process begins again.

Best Answer

Do you have to be afraid even with the update that afterwards everything does not work, as in the last firmware update? How can I prevent the update?

Best Answer

Yes. Bad programming of the BT connection. Hopefully they learn one day and fix that problem for ever!

Mark

End!Now free time!
Best Answer

Loaded the latest update no problem, my notifications come through to my ionic fine and with the reply options, but if I read them on my phone they disappear from my watch.  It then only displays my messages from before the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jimboebs wrote:

Loaded the latest update no problem, my notifications come through to my ionic fine and with the reply options, but if I read them on my phone they disappear from my watch.  It then only displays my messages from before the update.

Does that include emails... ? If so not a workable situation for me...

Best Answer

This does include emails. All apps and emails appear on watch fine but as soon  as I read on phone they disappear from my watch.

Best Answer