Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.20

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/23/2018: Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Ionic users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.10.20) I have decided to close this topic to further posts. 

If you still have not updated your Ionic to OS 2.1.1, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Ionic unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. 

Thanks again to all the great feedback we have received on this firmware. Looking forward to the next Fitbit OS update! Robot Happy

Fitbit Update - 6/7/18: Fitbit OS 2.1.1 has been released to 100% of Ionic users!

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1.1! (Firmware Version: 32.10.20)

We've started to roll out this update to 30% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

You can find the release notes for this new OS version by following the link, here.  

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

As a reminder, I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread. 

Best Answer
561 REPLIES 561

@HasseH That happened to me as well. I just force closed the Fitbit App, re opened it and sync with the ionic. Now the Fitbit App show me the correct firmware installed 32.10.20

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone else having their battery drain quickly with the update? The notification feature is still not working for me. I hit clear and it always give me an error.

Best Answer

I would also like to know what the new update fixed. I must be weird because I have not experienced the problems with Ionic that others here have described. I really like the product. Good job, Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi all! 

Great to see that so many of you have successfully updated to Fitbit OS 2.1.1. Robot Happy

@Cantryboy @thunderwagn @sfringer @Nicky89 @AgentNix @Purrstachio If our release notes state "This release includes other bug fixes and improvements" it generally means that all fixes were backend fixes that have no customer-facing impact. If there will be customer-facing impact we will make sure to outline it in the release notes. Hope this helps clarify. Smiley Happy

@jwebb72 Great to hear that your custom stats are now saving! Let me know if you continue to experience any issues with the feature. 

@mr_manager @gtung3388 Not to worry! You can expect to see the OS 2.1.1 update in the coming weeks. As mentioned, the staged rollout is a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

@ruriimasu @Jfo137 @alecrobs @Rae-Eli @Hej_D Our team is aware of the issue with the message+ app and are currently working on a fix. This issue will be resolved in a future update of the Fitbit Android app. For more information, please check out this dedicated thread

@HasseH Sorry to see that you were having issues updating. If you haven't already done so, I recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps detailed in this article. Lemme know how it goes.

@MassiP Thanks for the assistance! Yes, if the app and the watch are showing different firmware versions, I recommend closing the app and force syncing to get them to reflect the correct version.

@Jd529 Sorry to hear that your battery is draining quickly. First, I would perform a restart. That should help to refresh your Ionics system. If that doesn't work, please let me know. Also, if you could share a screenshot of the error you are receiving, that would be helpful! 

For any of you who are getting ready to update, feel free to check out the lead post on this thread with some tips to help make sure the process goes smoothly. 

If you have any questions, you know where to find me! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@MattFitbit Thank you for the help. I tried restarting my ionic, hopefully that'll help with the battery drain since the upgrade. And below is the error message I get whenever I clear any sort of notification from my ionic, and the notification is still present on my phone. 20180605_174730~2.jpg

Best Answer

I updated this morning...was looking forward to this feature, but I don't see how to do it anywhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Custom stats are also still not sticking. Changed the order of my workout stats earlier today, went back about an hour later and they were back to default. Still wondering what, if anything, this update even did.

Best Answer
@alecrobs The update made the exercise custom stats stick for me but only after I manually restarted after the update. Maybe give that a try.
Ionic, retired Blaze.
Best Answer

Will do, Thanks!

Best Answer

@shuffler Real time elevation:  have you tried the app called "Altimeter"?  I think it uses the barometer in ionic to estimate height.  Not awfully accurate, but it does the job letting u figure out distance climbed etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think that I went the new update the menu is smoother.

Thanks for keep updating it! 

Congrats Fitbit! Continue this way!! 

Best Answer

I’ve noticed that after update few apps appeared in the app and were not present on Ionic namely Flipboard and NY times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Purrstachio wrote:

I would also like to know what the new update fixed. I must be weird because I have not experienced the problems with Ionic that others here have described. I really like the product. Good job, Fitbit.

I've had nothing but great experiences with my Ionic as well.  Very happy!

Did the update today at work, super fast and easy.  No issues thus far.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Did this release allow 5G usage for music sync? If not, when will that get upgraded?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey

Can you just fix the heart rate monitor and strava sync issues.

And by miracle get the Spo2 going. *cough* Biostrap

Best Answer

absolutely ridiculous .. paid a lot of money for this watch and it's been over a month since mined stopped working.. ugh

Best Answer

So, you still did nothing about the music transfer hell proceedings?

that must be a joke!

i bought the watch to have music in it.

and the watch just can't do that.

i don't care about notifications. I just want to listen to my music through the watch, without my cellphone!

fix that, fitbit!

Best Answer

Hi everyone and welcome to the new users! 

@Jd529 Thanks for your patience to this matter, let me help you out. In order to further assistance I've gone ahead and created a case on your behalf, soon you'll be getting an email with the next steps. 

@alecrobs could you plese confirm that the procedure that jwebb72 solved the issue?

@bboeckeler could you please confirm what's the feature that you're referring to?

@seemebreakthis Thank you so much for your help! Robot Happy

@SunsetRunner @Heather-S awesome thanks for your comments. Smiley Happy

@GregZ Thanks for bringing this tou our attention, are you referrenging that you're able to see some extra apps on the app gallery but not on the ionic?

@YFG Thanks for showing your interest about these updates, at this moment we don't have further info.

@ahefner33 Are you referring to the syncing difficulties mentioned here? In regards of the heart rate monitor could you please provide a few more details?

About the Spo2 feature we don't have updates at the moment, but we sure share them as soon as they are available.

@Migal In order to further help you, could you please provide more details about what you have experienced? 

@Osmar Unfortunately this firmware update does not include improvements for music transfer. This will certainly be helpful thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Catch you later! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Be lucky Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received notification of an update several days ago, however when I try to initiate the update from the android app, nothing happens...the app does a wipe with a white screen to the left and then right back to the Ionic device page.  No matter how many times I click "Update Tracker Software" it does this, both on my home WI-FI and at work.

I currently have version 27.32.4.19.

This is especially frustrating because on my last few runs, the Ionic has locked up during a Run exercise and acted like the exercise was terminated, causing me to stop mid-run and sort out the problem with the watch, starting a new Run exercise from the point I am at....which is frustrating because I want ONE exercise tracked, not two, and having two split exercises with separate GPS info is extremely frustrating.

I wanted to update to this newer version to see if the problem I'm having goes away, but, alas, I cannot even update anymore.
I should note that I have updated successfully on one or two occasions since I got the watch in December, but for some reason I can't anymore.

Please help!

Best Answer