Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.20

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/23/2018: Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Ionic users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.10.20) I have decided to close this topic to further posts. 

If you still have not updated your Ionic to OS 2.1.1, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Ionic unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. 

Thanks again to all the great feedback we have received on this firmware. Looking forward to the next Fitbit OS update! Robot Happy

Fitbit Update - 6/7/18: Fitbit OS 2.1.1 has been released to 100% of Ionic users!

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1.1! (Firmware Version: 32.10.20)

We've started to roll out this update to 30% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

You can find the release notes for this new OS version by following the link, here.  

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

As a reminder, I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread. 

Best Answer
561 REPLIES 561

No, that's the one; but my second Ionic was at factory level...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your comments guys @mr_manager and @Gryzor! I don't want to make things worse by saying something that you've done, seen, or you already know. I've switched my trackers so I can go along with you. I went from my Blaze to my Ionic. Smiley Very Happy I usually switch them every day according to my outfit (lol), but I will keep the Ionic from now on. Gonna miss my Charge 2 and Blaze! Smiley Sad 

My battery is at 95%, same as you @Gryzor. Let's see how it goes during the week. I also have notifications enable, quick view, etc. The only thing I don't use with neither of my trackers is the GPS, but I'll try to go for a run in the afternoons and see how it behaves. Just want to say the the few times I have used the GPS, it has worked nice. I have done that only with my Ionic since with the Blaze and Charge 2 I need to bring my phone with me, so I feel more comfortable without my phone during those activities. 

Yes @bitstone, 27.32.10.20 is the latest firmware version for Fitbit Ionic as of today. Keep an eye on this article: What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? where out team keeps posting the new update releases for all Fitbit trackers. 

Ping me out if you need anything else in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

At this point I'd like to share a detail about what I did somewhat differently with my previous Ionic which may or may not have anything to do with all the problems.

Yesterday I started my new Ionic's update but after downloading the update and flashing it I had to leave the house so I switched my laptop off. This meant that the Windows app missed the last part of the update and as a result, every time I open it it insists on me going through the whole process again. Stupid, since the update was completed just fine, but it made me realise this:

This is a replacement Ionic. The previous one had developed a screen problem. In my effort to prove the issue (photos, videos etc) I had to factory-reset and install the update a few times and go through the process. So the difference is this - multiple updates and resets on my previous one. 

As I said, no idea if that difference may have triggered or not the issues, but it'd be interesting to hear from others...

-----

I haven't tested GPS or music, but battery is fine so far and my "not compatible" phone is able to sync every time. But of course it may be too soon - not even a full day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

many people here do have the problem that while running gps loses its signal and won't reconnect anymore. this happens in my case in at least 1 of 3 times. with surge the same trail no problem at all, more than 50 times, it always worked. in my case i run in minimum 10k and i never lost the signal before 5km. so you should run at least some km.

what would be of better help is not calming down the community (you are doing your job, yes) but giving feedback from your developers as for example; which problems have been defined as bugs, what are they working on, when will the next firmware be released about? and so on. it is only a one direction channel so far and this is lame. and the support is of no help. they advice you things to do, everyone has done a couple of times (of course i do understand that from the supports perspective) like factory reset and so on.

when i choose running and enter my settings what i want to be shown on the screen during running it is never saved. this is something everyone should be able to easily confirm. and this is just stupid to try to not forget to set one screensettings before running. what would be great: problem confirmed will be adresses in the next firmware which will be available around october (or whenever).

most problems here are all software...

Best Answer

@Gryzor wrote:

Indeed, at last a non-boilerplate reply. It'll be even better if and when we get an actual acknowledgment of the problems...

I bit the bullet and upgraded my second Ionic to the latest FW. Let's see how it goes - but oh my, it looks so sweet that the battery was at 98% when I woke up and not at 75% 😄

Glad to see things have turned the corner for you.  My replacement Ionic has worked well so far.  It is indeed refreshing to use it all day and then see the battery dropped only 10 to 15%.

When I got my replacement I just bit the bullet and upgraded it to the newest firmware.  Figured it was now or never... if it croaked that would be the last straw.  So far so good.  

I will never forget though that it took over a month for support to replace my Ionic.  So it has changed my buying habits of always being a first adopter.

I still wonder if all Ionics tend to break down once they hit 8 months or so.  Guess we will all find out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've noticed as well that the run screen settings dont save, its not all settings though. under the weights activity it does save for setting the screen to remain on.

I work in software and to me it sounds like fitbit's qa department might need a little help with regression testing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Thanks for your comments guys @mr_manager and @Gryzor! I don't want to make things worse by saying something that you've done, seen, or you already know. I've switched my trackers so I can go along with you. I went from my Blaze to my Ionic. Smiley Very Happy I usually switch them every day according to my outfit (lol), but I will keep the Ionic from now on. Gonna miss my Charge 2 and Blaze! Smiley Sad 

My battery is at 95%, same as you @Gryzor. Let's see how it goes during the week. I also have notifications enable, quick view, etc. The only thing I don't use with neither of my trackers is the GPS, but I'll try to go for a run in the afternoons and see how it behaves. Just want to say the the few times I have used the GPS, it has worked nice. I have done that only with my Ionic since with the Blaze and Charge 2 I need to bring my phone with me, so I feel more comfortable without my phone during those activities. 

Yes @bitstone, 27.32.10.20 is the latest firmware version for Fitbit Ionic as of today. Keep an eye on this article: What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? where out team keeps posting the new update releases for all Fitbit trackers. 

Ping me out if you need anything else in the meantime. 

Thanks Marre the Moderator for trying it out with us!  I too am on my replacement and it is getting 3 days charge after using GPS once per day for 15 to 30 minutes, the 3 sync settings on, Notifications On, Auto Wake On.  I turn off the sync, notifications and auto wake off when I get home from work each day.  One of the users suggested leaving All Day Sync off as it syncs each time you open the app on my phone.  I will see if that buys a little more battery.

Hey, on this most recent Android App update, do you know which Bugs were fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gryzor wrote:

At this point I'd like to share a detail about what I did somewhat differently with my previous Ionic which may or may not have anything to do with all the problems.

Yesterday I started my new Ionic's update but after downloading the update and flashing it I had to leave the house so I switched my laptop off. This meant that the Windows app missed the last part of the update and as a result, every time I open it it insists on me going through the whole process again. Stupid, since the update was completed just fine, but it made me realise this:

This is a replacement Ionic. The previous one had developed a screen problem. In my effort to prove the issue (photos, videos etc) I had to factory-reset and install the update a few times and go through the process. So the difference is this - multiple updates and resets on my previous one. 

As I said, no idea if that difference may have triggered or not the issues, but it'd be interesting to hear from others...

-----

I haven't tested GPS or music, but battery is fine so far and my "not compatible" phone is able to sync every time. But of course it may be too soon - not even a full day.

Check your battery before and after starting your GPS and please let us know much batter life you have lost.  Mine drops about 6% with 20 minutes of GPS.  Do the same on your music, I use Pandora and it drops about 10% over an hour use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@soss3osp wrote:

many people here do have the problem that while running gps loses its signal and won't reconnect anymore. this happens in my case in at least 1 of 3 times. with surge the same trail no problem at all, more than 50 times, it always worked. in my case i run in minimum 10k and i never lost the signal before 5km. so you should run at least some km.

what would be of better help is not calming down the community (you are doing your job, yes) but giving feedback from your developers as for example; which problems have been defined as bugs, what are they working on, when will the next firmware be released about? and so on. it is only a one direction channel so far and this is lame. and the support is of no help. they advice you things to do, everyone has done a couple of times (of course i do understand that from the supports perspective) like factory reset and so on.

when i choose running and enter my settings what i want to be shown on the screen during running it is never saved. this is something everyone should be able to easily confirm. and this is just stupid to try to not forget to set one screensettings before running. what would be great: problem confirmed will be adresses in the next firmware which will be available around october (or whenever).

most problems here are all software...

Are you running only GPS when it drops?  Mine will do that if I run music at the same time, which is kind of a bummer.  Connecting to GPS can take a bit at times, but if I start it in about the same location, it seems to find it faster, go figure.  I live in a rural area, so maybe it is understandable.

On your Exercise settings, I don't like that either, but I believe you can set default settings for each exercise in your phone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up listening to music from my ionic when i got sick wearing it on the right hand to work with my fitbit flyers. so i changed music back to my smartphone and so i can for sure say: GPS is stopping during runs without playing music on the ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

@soss3osp wrote:

I gave up listening to music from my ionic when i got sick wearing it on the right hand to work with my fitbit flyers. so i changed music back to my smartphone and so i can for sure say: GPS is stopping during runs without playing music on the ionic

Well darn!  Thanks for letting me know, I will keep a better eye on mine when I do my walks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think my ionic updated correctly. How do I check what programme it is running on and how can I re install it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BettyRB wrote:

I don't think my ionic updated correctly. How do I check what programme it is running on and how can I re install it?

Swipe the screen right to left until you find SETTINGS, tap it, find ABOUT, tap it and it will be the top number 27.xxxxxxx.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BettyRBI don't think there's a way to check if your Ionic updated correctly beside checking the firmware number in Settings. Which app you open at that time on your Ionic is also the running app.

If your Ionic is not working right after you reinstall the app, I suggest Factory Reset your Ionic and sync with the Fitbit app. I did this once half a year ago and the Fitbit app detected some issue and re-updated my Ionic immediately. It has been working well since then.

My only issue now is with the Fitbit server and/or recent Fitbit UWP app which is not showing the settings icon in the Apps section of the Fitbit Windows Phone and Windows app.

Ionic on Vivo Nex, HP Elite X3 and Surface Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shastaski wrote:

@Gryzor wrote:

Check your battery before and after starting your GPS and please let us know much batter life you have lost.  Mine drops about 6% with 20 minutes of GPS.  Do the same on your music, I use Pandora and it drops about 10% over an hour use.

I will try to, but August in Greece means I don't do much outdoors working out I'm afraid 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

When can we get spotify to the Ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bvigre wrote:

When can we get spotify to the Ionic?

Never, probably.

On another note, 3 days and 12 hours after I upgraded my replacement Ionic and charged it, my battery is at an astonishing 51%! Haven't done any workouts (vacation, yay), notifications are off etc, but still...

Best Answer
0 Votes

$300 piece of junk.  Firmware update does NOT fix sync issue.  Will not do another factory reset that only fixes sync issue for 2-3 days (and takes an hour to complete).  This one is being returned and I after having been an original Fitbit owner who has owned the Surge loved it accept the watchband) and the Blaze (too many issues to count), I'm done.  No wonder the stock is in the tank.  Any one recommend a competitive product that actually works?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the first fitbit and went away for a while to Samsung. Just switched back to the Ionic which I love. If you want a great smartwatch get the Samsung Gear S2 or S3 but be ready to charge it every day or every other day.

Best Answer
0 Votes