Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.20

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/23/2018: Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Ionic users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.10.20) I have decided to close this topic to further posts. 

If you still have not updated your Ionic to OS 2.1.1, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Ionic unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. 

Thanks again to all the great feedback we have received on this firmware. Looking forward to the next Fitbit OS update! Robot Happy

Fitbit Update - 6/7/18: Fitbit OS 2.1.1 has been released to 100% of Ionic users!

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1.1! (Firmware Version: 32.10.20)

We've started to roll out this update to 30% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

You can find the release notes for this new OS version by following the link, here.  

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

As a reminder, I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread. 

Best Answer
561 REPLIES 561

Welp.  I bit the bullet and did the firmware upgrade last night.  Immediately got a calibration request when it finished, and of course it failed as it always had in the past.  For whatever reason, my watch had stopped asking for the 8:00pm calibration sometime after the previous firmware version.  Now, it is back.  Seriously?? I mean, it is nice and all to have a little buzz on my wrist at 8pm telling me it is time to wind down and get ready for bed (yes, that's sarcasm), but I'd rather not have the reminder, thanks!  @CarlosCFitbit, any clue as to when this will be fixed?  And why can't we see a list of the bugs fixed, regardless of whether they are "back end" or not?  If they are updating my watch firmware, that seems fairly "front end" to me and we should be privvy to what is being installed on our watches. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have read through countless reviews on troubleshooting topics on this site. I think I have tried everything from restarting, resetting, uninstalling every fabric connected to my Ionic. First it was the steps counting on their own. After this it was the flashing clock face and then the FB icon. After so many factory restores I actually got the thing synced however, from this point on it never came back to working as it should. All tracking activities i.e. steps, hr monitor failed to record. Oh but somehow the calorie counter was working. After multiple attempts to fix on my own because as I mentioned Fitbit refused to assist because of where it was purchased I have a product rendered useless and money wasted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Osmar wrote:

So, you still did nothing about the music transfer hell proceedings?

that must be a joke!

i bought the watch to have music in it.

and the watch just can't do that.

i don't care about notifications. I just want to listen to my music through the watch, without my cellphone!

fix that, fitbit!

With Deezer in my opinion you get a very smooth music sync experience. Maybe you should give it a try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Over the past several days I had noticed a higher battery consumption, but hadn't really measured it (I had more serious troubles, like the screen glitching - vertical scanlines and afterimage). After I updated it though it seems that battery life took a nosedive. It can now barely function for two days! I fully charged it some 17 hours ago and it's already down to 63%!

Best Answer

Well done Fitbit ,after the last update my Bluetooth headphones no longer pair with the ionic,so I have to take my phone out running again .......every update is like a beta release !!!!!!  Not happy 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer

Problems and solved.

Solution: reinstall the fitbit apps, and its back to normal.

Problems after the update as belows:

After the update.

The traditional chinese character got bug.

Its come to a grabled display (auto translate a traditional chinese to  chinese pinyin) instead of a proper display of the traditional chinese.

Before the update, everything work correctly.

After the update, cannot display traditional chinese character correctly.

Please fix it. And also give user a option to roll back previous version which work fine.

I don't know when will you release a fixed version for this issue, you better let user roll back to avoid the new bug release like this issue.

the 1st photo below show that right one is showing the correct traditional  chinese character. left side is the message show on icionic, its come a grabled message.

The second photo show that, it should able to display a proper traditional chinese before.

20180610_225659.jpg20180610_230349.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Battery life fell for me, too. Updating music took 2 hours. But, hey, I didn't get the "device storage full" message and have to go back and repeat middle school. 

I took it kayaking the other night and started a "walking" exercise with the GPS... it recorded like 0.06 miles. Auto pause was off, and it was -- from past excursions -- more like a 1.5 mile route.

Best Answer

Since applying the 32.10.20 update, I'm back to receiving the 8:00 PM calibration reminder. Tapping "Start" immediately results in a green checkmark, no prompt to connect to power and lay flat. And while the checkmark would lead one to think it was successful, the reminder recurs 24 hours later.

As with the last update, I have just restarted my Ionic to see if that corrects the daily calibration reminder.

Regardless, this certainly does not instill confidence in the reliability of what the Ionic is presenting me.

Best Answer

@sfringer, have you tried placing it on the charger and laying it down prior to, or instead of, tapping the "Start"? What does it do then?

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry I have tried that as well. Same result, I have to tap "Start" and then immediately get a green checkmark.

Regardless of the calibration status of my Ionic, I seem to get much better accuracy than others posting. Distances are usually within .01 miles of the known distance and the heartrate is within a few beats of my previous Garmin Vivosmart 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having trouble, since my update/upgrade. 

My ionic tells me I am getting steps while I am actually sitting still. It does this randomly. How can uninstall the update/upgrade?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be happy!!!  After updating my Ionic auto on doesn't work very well and the heart rate capability stopped working.  Wonderful!!!  Worked great until the update!!!  WAS very happy!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues that NavyDP1 is having.  I keep on trying to update to the new version but nothing happens.  This has been going on for the past week at least since I started to receive the notifications.  When I try on the web it directs me to the app.  Within the app nothing happens and it does not allow me to add in my home internet any longer.  Growing frustrated day by day....never had issues with Garmin, Nike or Polar.  So many issues with Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit continues to disappoint. It's well over a year now and still the sp02 sensor is not enabled. It was advertised that it was coming later.  It would help with detecting sleep apnea.

At what point does later become just plain false advertising?  Sure, the watch could've stood on its own merits, but to state a feature that has yet to materialize well over a year after introduction is just wrong.  Forget the detection of sleep apnea claim, just put raw data in the watch and dashboard.  Folks can correlate their own data.

It's no wonder that Fitbit stock continues to hover over flat lining.

Ionic (27.32.10.20), Surge (Did not live up to 5 ATM Spec originally on tech spec), Samsung Galaxy S5, Moto G5 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since installing this recent update, my watch kept losing time and refusing to sync. A suggestion was made to factory reset, so I tried that and now my watch is a brick. It says data not cleared, sync and try again. But I can't sync so that message won't clear. I've tried with several devices, two Androids and Windows 10. All the devices won't even show the watch as an available decide to connect with Bluetooth. I'm very frustrated. 

Best Answer

I was going to make a reply or possibly a forum post regarding the (negative) battery life performance post update.  I did restart my device a few days after the update had completed and I did not experience any errors during the firmware update process (It was updated via Bluetooth).

I hope FitBit sees that the battery life took a turn for the worse and pushes out an update to address it.  Prior to the update - my Ionic would miserly sip on battery power - but now it takes mini gulps and I haven't changed anything in my end (I manually sync 1 - 2 times a day, only use GPS during runs, and I do not stream any music (I don't have any music stored on the device at all).

Best Answer
0 Votes

My experience is exactly the same. Would only sync when on the charger after upgrade, and was losing time badly (half-hour overnight, so I nearly missed an appointment this morning. I factory reset it, and now it will not pair at all. Like you, tried 2 different android (phone and tablet) and Windows. Still no joy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not able to update an application on Android and I get error msg Fitbit has Stopped !!!

Please advice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Notifications text and calls dont come in consistently why??

Also what's happening with the Scotiabank pay for Canada users?? I have seen so many requests what is taking so long??

Please  respond on both issues. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Previously, I when I pressed the bottom left button and I could view the last app I was looking at.  That no longer seems to be the case after the last update.  Had a Blaze before, but I am liking the Ionic watch a lot, especially the different apps and Fitbit Pay.  Wish I could use the quick response reply but sadly my Huawei mobile is not suitable.

Best Answer
0 Votes