Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware Release - 32.10.20

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/23/2018: Hi everyone! 

Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Ionic users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.10.20) I have decided to close this topic to further posts. 

If you still have not updated your Ionic to OS 2.1.1, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Ionic unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the community or find a related topic. 

Thanks again to all the great feedback we have received on this firmware. Looking forward to the next Fitbit OS update! Robot Happy

Fitbit Update - 6/7/18: Fitbit OS 2.1.1 has been released to 100% of Ionic users!

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1.1! (Firmware Version: 32.10.20)

We've started to roll out this update to 30% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

You can find the release notes for this new OS version by following the link, here.  

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

As a reminder, I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread. 

Best Answer
561 REPLIES 561

I noticed short battery in the last week or so, since the latest firmware update.  No screen problems other than a clockface I was using stopped working.

Now to the point I have to throw it on the charger at least once a day.  I have to make sure I charge it more just before bed since I use it as a silent alarm.  At 17% now just waiting for it to die so I can give it a full charge and jump through the hoops they've asked for.

Best Answer

I've sent them a link to a vimeo video, I'm going to be very cross indeed if they come back a day later telling me to email the video.......

If you wanted me to email the video in the first place you should be quite explicit in your instructions. Really not funny!

all this seems to be to me is making hoops for you to jump through in the hope that you'll give up....

Best Answer

Mine was stuck on that yesterday. Now, it won't turn on or charge. Very frustrated. 

Best Answer
My original replacement was shipped a few days after they received the broken one. They got the current one on Thursday, I would expect replacement to ship next week based on previous experience. As I live in regional Australia, shipping is never overnight, and I don't expect to see it until the following week. Thats why I organized to borrow the Alta from a friend.
Best Answer
0 Votes
So I give up, I unpaired my ionic from my phone and no more disappearing
calories. It's a shame because I've been using Fitbit trackers for almost
7 years, but I'm guessing my next tracker will be from Xiaomi. I really
enjoyed those 7 years with your products but I guess everything good comes
to an end.
Best Answer

New release includes bug fixes and improvements.

No new release gave me bug and problems. My phone is flashing its notes and empty my batteri after the new update. I would like to get the old version back.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Same here! No steps or GPS tracking since the update - picks up only a few steps in a day now. Not sure what to do?!?

Best Answer

Hi Pointy101

Just a suggestion to try, it won't do any harm.

Not sure if you have an Android? this applies to Android but may very work in Iphone if you have the facility.

It could be a 'synching' linked problem.

I. Got to settings

2. Applications

3. Application manager

4. Scroll down to 'Fitbit'

Force stop Fitbit, then go back to your 'phones desktop

The Fitbit software will probably ask you to retart your 'phone to enable 'Notifications' - Restart your 'phone and see if this has solved the problem, and you can commence with downloading the update. Force stopping and restarting an App I have found, can 'Kickstart it into action again.   Regards,  Paul.

Best Answer
0 Votes

is the watch face and app not accessible?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but the app is not the problem,the ionic itself is stuck in a bootloops,I am very tech savvy and I have tried everything Fitbit have suggested and everything I think may help but nothing ,device just stuck in a flashing Fitbit logo,even after doing the 3 button hard factory reset 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer
I have fixt the problem now.
Uninstalled fitbit from the mobile phone and insalled fitbit again and the problem is gone. Even the fitbit notification that was stuck all the time on the phone whit the update before this last update.

Få Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Sorry, this is unfortunate. I read customers have done this hard set a number of times repeatedly with the charger connected and on occasion it has revived it - I guess you have tried all of this 😞  I hope you get a neew replacement soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@pointy101 I sent back the tracker unit only, I kept the band and charger etc. The first time the replacement unit (again just the "pebble", no band etc) appeared to me to be new. I don't expect to see the replacement for this time around until the last week of June based on previous shipping experience. Hth...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday Support decided to replace mine; they didn't ask me to send my current one back, so I count myself lucky since I won't be completely without one until the replacement arrives...

Best Answer

Since the update my ionic does not vibrate when notifications come thru. I get the notifications but no vibrations.  It was turned off in the settings but I turned it on and still doesn't work

Best Answer
Mine doesn't vibrate anymore either.
Best Answer

Glad I'm blocked from updating.  The prior update killed wifi connection for my router as fitbit decided only supporting legacy wifi from the 1990s and my wifi only supports secured and faster tech for 2010. 

Side benefit, blood pressure and HR increase due to all the new issues to troubleshoot. Thank you for the impromptu stress test features of owning a fitbit. You should market this as part of the monthly physical 

Best Answer

@Becky9 wrote:

I've sent them a link to a vimeo video, I'm going to be very cross indeed if they come back a day later telling me to email the video.......

If you wanted me to email the video in the first place you should be quite explicit in your instructions. Really not funny!

all this seems to be to me is making hoops for you to jump through in the hope that you'll give up....

That seems to be their business plan

Best Answer
0 Votes

As at 16/06/18 mine is still vibrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get them to do that. That is awesome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes