Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.31.1.29

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all!

I am super excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 1.2! (Firmware Version: 27.31.1.29)

We've begun to roll out this new firmware to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Feature update:

What’s fixed:

• We fixed an issue where some customers’ clocks didn’t update after switching time zones.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers experienced syncing issues after interrupting clock face installation.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers noticed the Exercise app crashed after double tapping an exercise.
  • This release also includes bug fixes and stability improvements.

Click here to view our Fitbit OS help article!

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I would also recommend updating your Ionic over Wi-Fi as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
447 REPLIES 447
"I only wanted the ionic for a water
proof version"

This is the exact reason I went for the ionic.

R.
Best Answer

Prior to the update, I could sync by pulling down on the app, now it says I have to allow my location to sync AND that takes 2 or 3 times to work,  it says " your sync has been scheduled " , WHAT? Please tell me there us a fox coming.  Turning on my location to sync my IONIC that is 2 feet from my phone is ridiculous. Please tell me if there is something I can do on my end.

Thank you,  

Best Answer

You shouldn't let the lack of Hebrew support be the only thing stopping you from getting an Ionic.  There are plenty of other reasons.  Make sure your phone is a supported device and then don't even think about upgrading it to a more current device--at least not if you expect it to work with the Ionic.

Best Answer

So %^&$ tired of this Ionic 'cannot find any wifi' even when I'm sitting right next to the router.  This was a Christmas gift from my grandson, otherwise I'd have already thrown this thing in the trash.

Best Answer

Further to my last post, apparently My new phone a MotoG5 is not supported nor is Sumsung Galaxy J5 although on their list of supported devices Moto G 2014 is listed. In my stupidity I assumed that any MotoG after 2014 would work (wrong). Also Galaxy J does not mean J5 is supported. What a crock of crap. Wish I never heard of Fitbit. Why is there no mention of compatibility on their packaging or advertising.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for this **ahem**ty update. Let me tell you something about how this update affected my Ionic: it doubles the number of floors stepped up. And funny is, I had an extra floor after taking a shower. Moreover my tracker counted 6 floors while on treadmill. 

Best Answer

Feel lucky if you only complain about Wifi ... Nothing works on this Ionic!! Smiley LOL

Best Answer
Sadly it seems like we ended up testing a Beta version from Fitbit. With
all the unaccuracy of the Heart rate and GPS, The Ionic has become useless.
Best Answer

So far I’ve noticed improvement in connectivity between app and Ionic and way better hart rate readings.

Microsoft Lumia 950XL, Fitbit Ionic 27.31.1.16
Best Answer

“Check the time mine don't even hold time anymore drops a few minutes every
hour . Mind you I can't even get it to connect again after trying a factory
reset”

Glad I’m not alone in this issue.  As I type this, my ionic is 7 minutes behind the iPad it syncs to.

Best Answer

Just did my update, all seemed to go swiftly and smooth but......................

Now I cannot sync with any of the 4 devices that it did sync with before.

I cannot connect to wifi.

And the watch is reporting time 54 minutes slow.

Fitbit desperately need to get their act sorted out, this watch is now effectively useless to me.

Best Answer

I never use WiFi with the Ionic because it never connects. But Bluetooth
works very well - just slow.

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do a RESTART, Magrew.  Several times if necessary.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted, repeatedly, and even done a shutdown restart. No change unfortunately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner @SunsetRunner @Dee163 @Uruzu5 @Twinz @Johnny-G @Dickys3 @HILLSARAB @ErikVerm  @JohnPerry Great to hear that you all were able to get updated! Robot Happy

@SunsetRunner @BLISSFULLYVEXED Sorry to hear that your Ionic is undercounting steps. If you haven't already done so, I would recommend inputting a custom stride length. Let me know how it goes. 

@sfringer Thanks for taking the time to provide us with an update. Glad to hear that your heart rate sensor is working again! @sharmon61 If your heart rate seems inconsistent, I would recommend giving your device a restart. Let me know how it goes. 

@Firthviewer Sorry to hear that your device is not supported. If you have an alternate device (PC or Laptop) you can sync using that!  

@daveiw Sorry that your Ionic still isn't syncing. Have you tried restarting your Ionic and forgetting Ionic in your devices Bluetooth settings? Sometimes the Bluetooth connection needs to be refreshed after an update. 

@Mutumbo @Serkhan I would also recommend giving your device a restart. Let me know if your Ionic floor count is still off. 

@Grant74 @Jnesbitt82 @Magrew Sounds like your issue may be related to syncing, as this is the way your Ionic keeps time. See the troubleshooting steps below. I would also perform a restart

@CarolineVB @MsYogi If you are having a hard time syncing your Ionic, try some of these troubleshooting tips and let me know how it goes! 

@SunsetRunner Thanks for the feedback. Fitbit is still exploring how the SPO2 sensor could manifest in the consumer experience.

@AnuraGuruge This OS 1.2 update included some fixes to GPS to help improve distance accuracy. I would recommend performing a restart. If the issue persists, please feel free to let me know in this thread.

@Nzohoury You can factory reset your Ionic from the settings found on watch. The option to Factory Reset is found under the 'about' section. 

@larry_rn Google changed its permission requirements beginning with Android OS 6.0 (Marshmallow). As a result, the locations permission is necessary to sync your tracker with your Android device. For more information, check out this article.

@paparcc To get your Ionic set up on Wi-Fi, I recommend following each of the steps detailed in this article.

@Appin Great to hear you got syncing again! 

@SunsetRunner @USAF-Larry Thanks so much for the assistance! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@MattFitbit. Thanks for the advice!  Unfortunately, I’ve already restarted the watch 13 times today.

IMO, it has to do with a compatibility issue with the iPad Pro I’m using.  It has never worked right with this device.  In order to do my initial setup, firmware updates, get weather info, and correct any corruption in the data, (like the time loss issue), I have to connect with an old iPhone 5s I never use.  After connecting through the older Apple device, everything is great, but gets worse over time.  I connect it to the 5s approximately once a week.  It’s also worth noting that I have the Ionic plugged in while doing this sync or it sometimes fails to work, even on the older device.

I hope this info proves useful to someone else or at least gives some insight to Fitbit about potential problems or solutions.  My wife and I both own Ionics and hers is problem free as she connects through an iPad Mini.  I do have hope that a future update will fix mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Matt, just re-starting is not really a solution for a finished product. Anyway restarted many times including under the guidance of your tech chat facility. It does work sometimes but it's just way too flaky for me I’m afraid
Best Answer
@matfitbit, the whole idea of getting the Ionic was for the notifications
from my phone. Why does your company not make it clear before you buy what
phones are not compatible? Shoddy if not sharp practice.
Best Answer

One more possibility, Magrew.  Do a Factory Reset resulting in the tracker reverting to what it was on first startup.  You will lose anything you added or changed and have to make some new settings but it is worth a try.

Swipe left to the Settings App and scroll down to About.  Touch About and scroll down to Factory Reset. Good Luck!

Best Answer

Yes CB, I have considered that option, l may use it as my last resort. 

Best Answer
0 Votes