Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.31.1.29

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all!

I am super excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 1.2! (Firmware Version: 27.31.1.29)

We've begun to roll out this new firmware to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Feature update:

What’s fixed:

• We fixed an issue where some customers’ clocks didn’t update after switching time zones.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers experienced syncing issues after interrupting clock face installation.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers noticed the Exercise app crashed after double tapping an exercise.
  • This release also includes bug fixes and stability improvements.

Click here to view our Fitbit OS help article!

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I would also recommend updating your Ionic over Wi-Fi as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
447 REPLIES 447
Es ist genug seit 2 Tagen nur Mail wegen des Updates !
Wie Bescheuert seit ihr bei Fitbit !

Ich habe heute 3 mal mich aus der Liste Abgemeldet aber Mail kommen im 5
Minuten Takt.

It is enough for 2 days only mail because of the update!
How stupid since you at Fitbit!

Today I have 3 times unsubscribed from the list but mail come in 5 minutes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit- and this Firmware destroy the Bluetooth Connection for IONIC devices. Did FitBIT not tested his Firmware? See the Thread and you will see, that many other Users have the same Problem.

With the old Firmware and App-Version (Android) from December 2017, we didn't have anny issue. And now we have the Issue with the last App-Version or December 2017 Version, with this Firmware:

• Bluetooth Connection will broke after 1-2 Hours
  • Windows 10 Devices can not  connnect with IONIC
  • Notification stopp working after 1-2 Hours
  • Bluetooth Classic didn't work

Hope, you will publish quick give me a Instruktion, how can i make a downgrade from the Firmware.

Best Answer

@TheAssimiator, the firmware update did not destroy the Bluetooth connection with my Ionic. It still syncs reliably with my Android phone any time I open the app.   There are users that have reported syncing problems after the firmware upgrade, but there were also a number of users reporting problems with syncing before the upgrade.

Best Answer

Almost a week after Firmware Update, only once I got crush.   (Previous version, never crush.)

And I hope HR accuracy will be improved, but it seems no change.

When Running, my Ionic HR shows 200bpm, but it seems way off.  Treadmil shows only 130bpm.

When not excerise, HR seems OK, but when I run or excerise, right away, Ionic HR shows over 150bpm and I cannnot rely on Ionic HR Measurement...

GPS seems working OK for outside running so far.

I hope Fitbit will improve HR Accuracy drastically.... Now, I cannot rely Ionic Measurement for HR... 

Best Answer

Right I have managed to get the time sorted and my watch is syncing after a fashion but it will not allow me to establish a WiFi connection.

This update is definitely a step backwards in my experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit did it to me again! Against better judgment I updated with the release. I' having constant trouble syncing now. I've restartef, logged out/in etc. What's being done, I'm sure it' not just me? And any suggestions to fix it??

Ionic, Alta, Flex
Best Answer

Mine has been working perfectly fine since I got it. Seems Apple is your issue as I am running Android on my Moto Z2 and it has been flawless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It took me around 20 mins

Best Answer
0 Votes

Time to get a notebook, count your steps manually, and buy a Garmin. No one is ever happy with anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scoobz7wrote:

Time to get a notebook, count your steps manually, and buy a Garmin. No one is ever happy with anything. 

Or you mean  manufacturers keep making promises they can’t keep?

Enderman
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, received the firmware update, but now, when I turn my wrist to look at the time, nothing happens! The watch doesn't respond to opening the screen. Instead, I have to click one of the buttons to turn it on. Is this a bug? How can I fix it? Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@leeshiela, have you checked the setting on the Ionic setting for Screen Wake (the screen left of the Clock screen) did not get changed from Auto to Manual?

Best Answer

Hi @leeshieladid you check your settings? Maybe the update changed it back to manual?  @Scoobz7 I don't think any of us enjoy coming here with problems. I'd be thrilled if the ionic worked as advertised and if fitbit didn't keep releasing products and updates that waste my time and money. If the ionic just worked I'd be the first to write an awesome review and never need to write on the boards again. I don't do much social media and would absolutely prefer to spend my time doing something else.

Ionic, Alta, Flex
Best Answer

@MattFitbit I've tried setting it manually as well as setting it to automatic. It seems to count my steps correctly when walking slowly and exaggerating my arm movements.  When running, it only counts about 80% of my steps.  Considering I bought this for running, it's not doing me much good.  Any other suggestions?  I've already been through the factory reset process.

Best Answer

Swipe right on clock face and set Screen Wake to On.

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that worked! whoops!! Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit  That is a lot of answers in a single post.  As for your comment with my issue specifically.  I have never understood why Fitbit support has suggested changing stride length for missing steps.  The stride length is just used to multiply against the steps to determine distance not number of steps.  It doesn't change how sensitive the devices is or make it suddenly count more so why does the support suggest it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your issue sounds exactly like mine after reading all frustrating posts from these poor souls. I’m actually pleased the mine sucks less.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scoobz7wrote:

Mine has been working perfectly fine since I got it. Seems Apple is your issue as I am running Android on my Moto Z2 and it has been flawless. 

It’s not Apple. I’ve got an iPhone6 and no problems syncing ever. Unless my pc’s Bluetooth is connected, but using either one or the other no problems syncing with Windows 10 or Apple IPhone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scoobz7wrote:

I'm on Android 

Best Answer
0 Votes