Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.31.1.29

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all!

I am super excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 1.2! (Firmware Version: 27.31.1.29)

We've begun to roll out this new firmware to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Feature update:

What’s fixed:

• We fixed an issue where some customers’ clocks didn’t update after switching time zones.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers experienced syncing issues after interrupting clock face installation.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers noticed the Exercise app crashed after double tapping an exercise.
  • This release also includes bug fixes and stability improvements.

Click here to view our Fitbit OS help article!

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I would also recommend updating your Ionic over Wi-Fi as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
447 REPLIES 447

@shipowrote:

@GekkoZZZwrote:

Useless accessory for training?? What do you mean with what? What are you going to use the Fitbit for? Motivate you for doing more training? Optimise your training? For me the Ionic motivate me to do training and it also make be train better. 

I would ignore any and all negative comments from personal trainers; the last thing they need on the market is a wrist based device which might put them out of work.

Actually, he suggest something professional!   "Like Polar, Garmin or Suunto"

I would just like to find a solution, I read all the suggestions to the Support but the Cardio is not read correctly .. it is high when I'm at rest and low during training, I do not understand when I reach the maximum effort of alert! and consequently I believe that it does not have a good result of caloric consumption

Best Answer

@Nettuno, keep in mind there is no such a thing as a 100% accurate wrist based calorie calculator, regardless of whether it is made by Polar, Garmin, Suunto, or Fitbit.  There are widely available metrics which can approximate calorie burn based upon activities, and when I compare them to my activity, the results from my Fitbit are right in line with published metrics.

Regarding what you're seeing from your Fitbit, you'll need to provide us with screen shots of examples before anybody can form an educated opinion as to what is going on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shipowrote:

@Nettuno, keep in mind there is no such a thing as a 100% accurate wrist based calorie calculator, regardless of whether it is made by Polar, Garmin, Suunto, or Fitbit.  There are widely available metrics which can approximate calorie burn based upon activities, and when I compare them to my activity, the results from my Fitbit are right in line with published metrics.

Regarding what you're seeing from your Fitbit, you'll need to provide us with screen shots of examples before anybody can form an educated opinion as to what is going on.

This example I hope is sufficient ...
it was tested with a Polar with 6 LEDs that correctly reports the 5 phases of real fatigue, lying with Fitbit from a random result.
Later we also tested with a Garmin Vivoactive3 with very similar results to Polar, while the ionic still far from reality.
Obviously we have tried everything, the strap, update Fw, restart, reset and replace with other Ionic but the problem is always that ...
The problem occurs mainly with huge cardio variation workouts, such as kickboxing or circuits
I contacted the media with this example answering that it's normal ...

TEST.jpg

Best Answer

I had mine connected to my iphone 7 plus without any problems. I've now moved on to iPhone X and also working fine... Maybe you have a faulty unit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Looking like it may be a faulty unit , every so often it looses 4 minutes,
so I can't even trust it as a watch or alarm.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I can't help nothing works for me, even the time keeping isn't good
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if this has neen mentioned yet but am I the only one noticing reduced battery life? I'm back to 23% after 58 hours of use. Used to last close to 120 hours before the update

Microsoft Lumia 950XL, Fitbit Ionic 27.31.1.16
Best Answer

Mine has gone the other way. 

Around 95 hours before the update to around 150 hours after. 

Its hard to be exact because I use GPS and music as much as possible, but with the bad weather last week I didn't do any of that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to do this update for weeks now, numerous times and it fails every single time.  I've tried everything I can think of and it either spins and won't start or starts and never can complete and has a failure.  Any help is appreciated.  New fitbit owner, limited technology knowledge, so easy update capability would of been nice.  Now it is just frustrating.

Best Answer
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not noticed a reduction in battery life.

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! There is one more problem. Earlier when my arm was raised, when I turned my arm sharply, the screen (dial) glowed on the clock. Now, this does not work. It stopped working. If you raise and lower your wrist, the screen continues to be black ( What to do, what would it work for?
Thx!
Dima

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

While looking at your clock face, swipe your finger right and set screen wake to auto. 

Best Answer

@Jim-LaQuinta @TricieTracker Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped your wife's Ionic to update. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too. 

@FastTurtle Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing your experience. Please check these troubleshooting steps to fix update issues.

@Aztech Welcome to the forums! I'm glad to hear customer support was able to help you out with this! Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread.

@soccersnaps @JohnPerry @SunsetRunner I'm glad to hear you are happy. Thanks for reporting your experience after the update.

@USAF-Larry Hi! Have you experienced this again since the last time? Please perform a restart on your Ionic.

@Nettuno I hope you're doing well! Can you take a second opinion? Remember, when you lend your tracker to someone else, the caloric data will be recorded using your personal information (height, weight, age, etc.) Did the fitness instructor had the same body type/personal stats as you? Did he set up your Ionic on a personal account using his own personal stats? If not, that explains the calorie and cardio situation he said was not accurate. For any trouble you experience with heart rate readings, please check the wrist placement tips on this article. It should help you out. 

@Firthviewer I hope you're doing well! How is it loosing 4 minutes? You mean on the time itself? If that is what you mean, please check your time zone settings to be correct and make sure you are syncing your Ionic correctly. 

@ErikVerm @Cyclonetog I hope you're doing well! That is strange. Please check these tips to maximize the battery on your Ionic. I'm sure this will help you out. 

@DimaRuda Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for your post. Please swipe the Ionic's screem to the right and set "Screen wake" to "auto". That should make it work again.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

The battery life reduced significantly for my Ionic after update. I hope Fitbit will do something for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR,The battery life was about 5 days but it reduced to about 36 hours after update. It did not get better by following everything described on post for improving battery life. 

I would suggest the FW update causing the problem. If there is anyways to downgrade the FW or further update for better battery life?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JimNYwrote:

@SantiR,The battery life was about 5 days but it reduced to about 36 hours after update. It did not get better by following everything described on post for improving battery life. 

I would suggest the FW update causing the problem. If there is anyways to downgrade the FW or further update for better battery life?

Hmmm, I've had the update and it's been 48 hours since my last charge; still have 70% battery life remaining.

Best Answer

@JimNYwrote:

Have you tried doing a factory reset? This should restore the Ionic to its original firmware, although you will have to update to current firmware before you can use it again. It's worth a try if you've not already done so.

Also other things to check are 3rd party apps or watch faces, these can have an effect on battery life.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@N8teGeewrote:

@JimNYwrote:

Have you tried doing a factory reset? This should restore the Ionic to its original firmware, although you will have to update to current firmware before you can use it again. It's worth a try if you've not already done so.

Also other things to check are 3rd party apps or watch faces, these can have an effect on battery life.

@N8teGee
I tried everything possible. It does not help. I contacted Fitbit Customer Support today for trouble shooting and I was told it was the Ionic faulty. I will get a replacement watch.

Best Answer
After painstakingly adding both my work- and home wifi, the sync suddenly started to work. Can't really tell why, apart from the wifi settings. The Ionic has synced just fine for several days by now. Seems like the notifications are only working when I've got wifi connection and quite a bit delayed, so they are a bit useless.

//Hasse
Best Answer