Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.31.1.29

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all!

I am super excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 1.2! (Firmware Version: 27.31.1.29)

We've begun to roll out this new firmware to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Feature update:

What’s fixed:

• We fixed an issue where some customers’ clocks didn’t update after switching time zones.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers experienced syncing issues after interrupting clock face installation.
  • We fixed an issue where some customers noticed the Exercise app crashed after double tapping an exercise.
  • This release also includes bug fixes and stability improvements.

Click here to view our Fitbit OS help article!

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I would also recommend updating your Ionic over Wi-Fi as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
447 REPLIES 447

Many people are having trouble with the heart rate monitor. But remember
that any wrist monitor will be inaccurate when you exercise unless you have
the tracker pulled up far enough on your arm. When I have mine properly
positioned, the heart rate readings are very close to those of a chest
strap. I have used both at the same time and compared them, and the
readings are almost identical. I had to run MapMyRun on my iPhone to use
the Polar chest strap.
But If I leave the Ionic in the normal position on my wrist during exercise
the heart rate is 20 to 30 bpm too fast. I complained to Fitbit about this
at first and was always told positioning was critical, and I have learned
this is true. And it would be true for any wrist monitor.
One thing I would vote for would be to have the option of connecting a
Polar chest strap with the Ionic. But I am not really too excited about
that because the Ionic pulled up on the arm during exercise is much more
convenient than putting on a chest strap.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Yes I’m very familiar with positioning of the watch as I’ve wore my surge for two years  and then comparisons with other devices and was very pleased    On my first day I got my ionic the change was immediate from resting heart rate and all types of work outs.   The data doesn’t lie it’s clear by all the feedback I’m not alone 

Best Answer

For HR, my case, Blaze has no big issue.

For Ionic, it never ever work with good level.

Always it goes over 200 level when I star running.

Blaze, it wend to 150 level which is so-so OK level.

Ionic, HR is way off in my case.

I tries different position in my arm with tight and loose.

It never ever work with right level.

It might be only my case, but Blaze's HR was so-so OK.

Ionic, it is totally worng measurement in original Firmware or the latest Firmware.

I think Fitbit did not have enough evaluation at all....

I wante to go back to Blaze for HR, but Ionic has better performance overall with GPS etc.

To: Fitbit Testing Team

Please do right evaluation for New Firmware.

We should not go back to old Firwamre is better or Old Decive has better Performance

for any measurement...   It is very poor and not enough Evaluation...

Best Answer

Not sure if you guys know about this but I think this firmware added a bug.  Now my Ionic goes from 25% battery to dead and powered off in about an hour.  I suspect that the bug is not a problem with the hardware.  I think I am just not being alerted that the battery is low until it is super low and I also think that the 25% reading is wrong.  I suspect it is closer to 10% or even 5%.  

how should I report this @MattFitbit ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jadionnewrote:

Not sure if you guys know about this but I think this firmware added a bug.  Now my Ionic goes from 25% battery to dead and powered off in about an hour.  I suspect that the bug is not a problem with the hardware.  I think I am just not being alerted that the battery is low until it is super low and I also think that the 25% reading is wrong.  I suspect it is closer to 10% or even 5%.  

how should I report this @MattFitbit ?

Hmmm, I've had the update for a few weeks now and haven't noticed anything of the sort.  Last night my tracker was reporting 18% battery life, this morning it was at 14% when I finally plugged it in to charge.

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 6 and it never syncs the first time and never holds a WiFi connection. It’s getting really old. I haven’t tried to change the music (since it was crazy just to get it on in the first place). You would think they would want to fix the Ionic before releasing another watch. Wonder if it will be as buggy. 

Best Answer

@Maaginenwrote:

I have an iPhone 6 and it never syncs the first time and never holds a WiFi connection. It’s getting really old. I haven’t tried to change the music (since it was crazy just to get it on in the first place). You would think they would want to fix the Ionic before releasing another watch. Wonder if it will be as buggy. 

Are you saying your iPhone 6 doesn't hold a WiFi connection or your Ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. Just wanted to jump in here to thank you all for the feedback you provided for this firmware update. 

A new firmware version is currently being rolled out progressively to users. Due to this, I will be closing down this thread to further comments. 

If you have any questions about the release of OS 2.0, please feel free to ask in this dedicated thread

@trmptgeek If you are still having a hard time syncing your Ionic, I recommend forgetting the tracker from your devices Bluetooth settings and reestablishing the connection when you open the Fitbit app. 

@jadionne If you are still experiencing battery drain with your Ionic, I would recommend performing a restart. There are some additional resources that can be found in this article

@Maaginen As a reminder, your Ionic will only connect to Wi-Fi when using certain features, like firmware updates or transferring music. It will not stay connected to Wi-Fi unless these features are in use. 

Hope this is helpful! Thanks again all. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer