Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.32.4.19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: Fitbit OS 2.0 has been released to 100% of users.

Hi all!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.0! (Firmware Version: 27.32.4.19)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

What’s New

Fitbit Today:

Introducing Fitbit Today, an updated on-device dashboard that keeps you informed about all of your health and fitness data. Receive action-oriented and personalized content with daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, exercise summaries, and tips and tricks for using the Fitbit platform. Swipe up from the clock face to open the Fitbit Today dashboard.

Ionic users, your daily stats have moved from the Today app to Fitbit Today.

Music:

You can now add Deezer playlists to your Fitbit watch. For more information on setting up your Deezer playlists on Ionic, check out this article

What’s Changed

Fitbit Watch Interface:

We made some updates to the way you interact with your Fitbit watch:

• To see your notifications, swipe down from the clock face or press and hold the top button.
  • To see your stats and current battery level, swipe up from the clock face.
  • To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button.
  • Access your music controls all on one screen.
  • We’ve changed the order of some of the apps on your watch. 

To learn more about these changes, open the Tips app on your watch and follow the tutorial.

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
859 REPLIES 859

This update changed my language on ionic from Italian to English. I checked already on the dashboard and everything is set correctly. Country Switzerland ( Italian ). Log out from Fitbit App didn`t help as well as Ionic reset. Any ideas

Update: I got a solution for this one. I changed country to Italy and force synced. This solved the issue. I then could even switch back to Switzerland and keep the Italian language.

Best Answer

Was given this update and have tried to install it twice 😞

The first time I stopped it after 2 hours.  My bar was 100% stuck and nothing moved.  Re-started the Ionic and I'm now trying again. I'm on WIFI and have a super fast internet connection so it's not that.

Hopefully it works this time.

Best Answer

How long does this firmware update take? Mine is now in the "installation in progress." It's been in that phase for about an hour. Should I start over? It's connected to Wifi and both my watch and phone are connected to power. 

Best Answer

are we able to download the update, my ionic keeps adding phantom steps while i'm asleep, and i'm about ready to return it for a garmin.....i need an accurate activity tracker. 

Best Answer

@LinvilleMine took 29 minutes and using WiFi via the phone.. What does you status bar show on th watch and the phone. ?

@Linvillewrote:

How long does this firmware update take? Mine is now in the "installation in progress." It's been in that phase for about an hour. Should I start over? It's connected to Wifi and both my watch and phone are connected to power. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I decided to start over. The status bar had shown it finished updating but then it seemed to get stuck on the installing part and the "bubbles" just kept flashing on and off with the message "installing" but I had no idea if anything was happening. So checked out the troubleshooting page and turned off the Ionic and restarted my phone and am now trying it again. The bar is showing progress on my phone.

On my watch there is a blue bar now that I didn't see the first time so maybe it will work this time.

Thanks for you checking in with your time. I'm also using WiFi via the phone, but the first time was much much longer than 29 minutes. So keeping my fingers crossed that this time it will be closer to your time. It helped to know that it shouldn't take as long as it was taking for me.

Best Answer

@pk78731 you cant get the update until it is rolled out to you. I havent got mine yet either. It usually seems to take 3 or 4 weeks to get to everyone. You just jave to wait. You cant get it before your app tells you it is available.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

The app did alert me that it was available for my Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked this time. And it took about 30 minutes as you reported. Thanks.

Best Answer

@Linville Great news and thanks for replying. I have had those issues before with earlier firmware updates but this one was smooth..

To be sure, I restarted my phone afterwards because I also had the firmware updated and the App, so in 24 hours I have updated the lot and 3 days ago the Android 8 had an update.

But all is working and my syncing hasn't changed, it's working but I can't tell yet if it's improved.

@Linvillewrote:

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I got the update; it went smoothly. Unfortunately now it is telling me to calibrate the sensors and won't accept anything. It keeps saying 'make sure nothing is obstructing the sensors'. I've tried everything. Flat surface, dark room, light room, nothing works. It just gives a calibration error. The only thing I can do is tap 'Later' and hopefully it'll work again then.

Best Answer

Update still not working.  Bar just... stops. Left for hour and still not moved.   I'll try again in the morning. Kinda disheartening to have things not work after 2 days of having the watch. I know it's not likely my particular watch, but still..  I have another smart watch and this doesn't happen.  Have literally been trying for 4:13 hours to update, just want it to work. Hopefully in the morning it does.

Best Answer

Just installed new release.

Failed to install through Wi-Fi, successfully installed through bluetooth (it took ~1 hour.10 minutes).
Everything is ok.

Positive:

- At least, I can see Cyrillic characters in notifications!

Negative:

- It seems that Ionic works a little bit slower (especially, after any of right buttons pushed and FitBit Today after pull up).

Best Answer

Will this include mobile tracker to support the samsung galaxy S9+ I now cant track my steps with my mobile as well 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've updated my fitbit and now all my apps are gone except the alarm. How do I get them back please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What an adventure to update my Ionic. Trying to update since yesterday evening! Restarting my phone several times, restarting my Ionic. I hope I ever could update my Ionic. 

Since I have the Ionic nothing goes flawless... If someone could give me an advise to update (did everything already mentioned...)

Best Answer

Hi, I had the update yesterday and all went smoothly. Unfortunately, I kind of preferred the old interface. Is there anyway I can roll back?

Best Answer

@LinvilleAre things still working as before.?...

I'm having no issues at the moment and I feel a slight improvement on the syncing.. The green bar on the top moves across every time I open the App and the steps appear..

I'm still getting used to the swipe up for the Today's activity, at least when I double tap it's still there..

@Linvillewrote:

Best Answer

Me too Jimmer68! Now the right hand buttons are defunct as I don't use it for music or the coach and to have lost the exercise shortcut seems absolutely crazy - surely that is what we all use it for?! Very unhappy that they have changed every button and it is also super slow to respond now. I also wish I could roll back....its like learning to drive a car and then them switching the brake and the accelerator around - just because they can 😞

Best Answer

Why is Deezer now installed on my device? Don't want it or need it. Uninstalled straight away. Please focus your energies on making a better product.

I have:Ionic. Google Pixel 2 XL. Latest Android 9DP1 OS.
Best Answer