Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.32.4.19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: Fitbit OS 2.0 has been released to 100% of users.

Hi all!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.0! (Firmware Version: 27.32.4.19)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

What’s New

Fitbit Today:

Introducing Fitbit Today, an updated on-device dashboard that keeps you informed about all of your health and fitness data. Receive action-oriented and personalized content with daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, exercise summaries, and tips and tricks for using the Fitbit platform. Swipe up from the clock face to open the Fitbit Today dashboard.

Ionic users, your daily stats have moved from the Today app to Fitbit Today.

Music:

You can now add Deezer playlists to your Fitbit watch. For more information on setting up your Deezer playlists on Ionic, check out this article

What’s Changed

Fitbit Watch Interface:

We made some updates to the way you interact with your Fitbit watch:

• To see your notifications, swipe down from the clock face or press and hold the top button.
  • To see your stats and current battery level, swipe up from the clock face.
  • To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button.
  • Access your music controls all on one screen.
  • We’ve changed the order of some of the apps on your watch. 

To learn more about these changes, open the Tips app on your watch and follow the tutorial.

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
859 REPLIES 859

So a question for anyone that already has the update, does it make the Ionic less responsive? The previous update really made it quite smooth, so if this undoes that I may hold off updating. Nothing worse then a laggy device.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@njakobs .. Don't mean to be pedantic but Deezer is a hugh selling point for the Ionic and a lot of people were asking for a streaming service to be added to the watch. Therefore for a lot of us the energy used to get this onboard has been well spent. It literally takes 10-20 seconds to delete an app but probably took you 2-3 minutes to post a complaint about it

Best Answer

I've been trying to download this update since yesterday and it keeps saying fail. I've done ALL the trouble shooting

Best Answer
@njakobswrote:

Why is Deezer now installed on my device? Don't want it or need it. Uninstalled straight away. Please focus your energies on making a better product.

This is not a real complaint, I for one was waiting for Deezer to become available on the Ionic ever since I bought it. This comes down to preference and to complain about it is absurd

Best Answer

Wow thats disappointing...so nothing really changed except some minor UX changes...

What about changes/implementation of

- Watchface Gallery (sorting)

- new Premium Watchfaces

- V02 max 

- Spotify

- Dexcom G5

And you call it a major release (V 2.0)? Are you for real? 

sooooooooooo disappointing....

Best Answer

And trying to update again.

Been an hour and seems to be stuck again in a particular spot where the bar just does not move for a long period of time.  I will keep it going and leave it, but hopes aren;t high.

Have tried wifi, bluetooth, restarted phone and watch. Even unpaired and set up as new.

Not sure what's going on but it's frustrating!  Just got this watch two days ago and doesn't leave a wonderful taste in my mouth as a newbie.  Especially since I also have an apple watch and don't have these issues 😞

Best Answer

Same here have tried to update 3 times 

ionic screen stuck in update 

I am on WiFi and Bluetooth ionic is charged but will not update and cannot get out of update screen on ionic or on app! 

Best Answer

Mine won't update over Bluetooth or WiFi. Tried multiple times now 😕

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer

@Hthopus32wrote:

Same here have tried to update 3 times 

ionic screen stuck in update 

I am on WiFi and Bluetooth ionic is charged but will not update and cannot get out of update screen on ionic or on app! 

I just re-started my ionic and it stopped the process.

Best Answer

Seems my ionic even right ne t to router cannot find network???? What? Why?

Best Answer

How do you reset the ionic?

Best Answer

Anyone know what a big x across the screen means?

Looks like the big x is inside a pink circle.

Just tried ONE last time and after it said "downloading" I got a big x across the screen of my watch.  It buzzed my wrist.

Then 2 seconds later it said "installing".. that's what happened last night and it didn't actually install.

But would like to know what the x means. Maybe that will help my issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hthopus32wrote:

How do you reset the ionic?

I pressed the one button on left of watch and the bottom button on ride side together.. hold down for a few seconds and it'll restart.

Best Answer

Thank you! I am not doing the update until I can guarantee I don’t get stuck on the screen again and not recording any activity!

Best Answer

Can we expect to get the quick replies like the Versa will have?

Best Answer

@Marauder2wrote:

Can we expect to get the quick replies like the Versa will have?

If the Ionic is able to quick reply, it currently only works with Android. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620
Best Answer
0 Votes

Installed the update, but under Today, it seems there is information missing? All I see is active minutes, hourly steps and HR. That's less information than the previous Today screen. What happened?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Yes.  Same problem with my ionic.  I got the update notification yesterday and have tried at least 5 times now with the installation freezing at the same point every time.  Now my ionic won't even allow me to manually track my workout.  Also, I had to revert to the default watch face, my downloaded face would not show up at all.  I get that issues happen when rolling out new software, but this is awfully frustrating.  It is now almost unusable for the purpose of tracking workouts, which isn't much use at all.  Considering exchanging my ionic today and hoping that things get sorted.

Best Answer

Why havent I been prompted to do update yet I am in the UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your situation completely mirrors mine.  Had the watch about 5 days and it hasn't worked ever since I tried the update.  I have restarted the watch and my phone repeatedly.  My WiFi is good.  Frustrating, probably returning bit this afternoon.

Best Answer