Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.32.4.19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: Fitbit OS 2.0 has been released to 100% of users.

Hi all!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.0! (Firmware Version: 27.32.4.19)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

What’s New

Fitbit Today:

Introducing Fitbit Today, an updated on-device dashboard that keeps you informed about all of your health and fitness data. Receive action-oriented and personalized content with daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, exercise summaries, and tips and tricks for using the Fitbit platform. Swipe up from the clock face to open the Fitbit Today dashboard.

Ionic users, your daily stats have moved from the Today app to Fitbit Today.

Music:

You can now add Deezer playlists to your Fitbit watch. For more information on setting up your Deezer playlists on Ionic, check out this article

What’s Changed

Fitbit Watch Interface:

We made some updates to the way you interact with your Fitbit watch:

• To see your notifications, swipe down from the clock face or press and hold the top button.
  • To see your stats and current battery level, swipe up from the clock face.
  • To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button.
  • Access your music controls all on one screen.
  • We’ve changed the order of some of the apps on your watch. 

To learn more about these changes, open the Tips app on your watch and follow the tutorial.

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
859 REPLIES 859

@Nounou78wrote:

Why havent I been prompted to do update yet I am in the UK

Its rolling out gradually, initially to the first 10% of users and then the rest of us over the next few weeks. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same.  Sorry nothing helpful to add. This is a frustrating piece of tech.  Good when it works, but only works occasionally.

Best Answer

can someone tell me if with this update notifications work for longer than 2 hours? thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Based on prior experience I'm not expecting it till mid April. UK users seem to get the updates last...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently I am not part of the initial 10%.  Would love a way to force the update as I am trying to determine if I should keep the unit or return it and buy another brand.  So far most reports are this release is mostly cosmetic, though reports from Fitbit are some bug fixes and performance improvements under the hood.  All and all it sounds more like a 1.3 or maybe 1.5 more than 2.0.  Personally I don't have much faith for this update making the device more useful to me.  I am however hoping the performance and design improvements make it less frustrating to use and possibly improve battery life. 

Best Answer

Hi all. Thanks for taking the time to post about your experiences updating your Ionic to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

After reading through your comments, I can see that some have successfully updated while others are still having trouble getting set up. 

@Jimmer68 @OlegM @Linville Glad to hear you were able to get your Ionic updated!

@Cantryboy To access your music control, payments and settings simply hold down the back button.

@Cyclonetog I can confirm that the adidas Train app will only be available on the Ionic: adidas edition.  

@Bruce-Success @pk78731 @Nounou78  @SunsetRunner Not to worry! The update will be available for all Ionic users in the near future. 

@Rmac815 @Bruce-Success @Marauder2 @moedawg140 Quick replies for Android users will be available Spring 2018!

@ReadingAddict79 @Hthopus32 @pedris @Quiethands Sorry to hear your Ionic has not yet updated! I would make sure that you are attempting to set up over a home Wi-Fi network. If you continue to experience Firmware update fails, I would recommend attempting to update using a different network.

Additionally, you may find this article helpful for some additional troubleshooting tips. Let me know how it goes. 

@GerS Glad you were able to get Deezer set up!

@WavyDavey You can access the rest of your stats by swiping left on the 'Today' screen.

@Golden_Pirate To calibrate your Ionic, simply plug the watch into the charging cable and set it on a flat surface for a few moments. 

@Butterflywings @GySgt_Seidell @Colinm39 Thanks so much for the assistance! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@MattFitbitwrote:

@Cyclonetog I can confirm that the adidas Train app will only be available on the Ionic: adidas edition.  

I know that. If you read my post again, I was suggesting a fitbit branded app with similar functionality 

Best Answer

I whish you could opt in to be amongst the first to get the update. Really looking forward to getting my hands on it. 😀

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem as everybody else. I've been trying to update the software all day. It will get halfway, get stuck, I reset everything. I'm on the phone with customer service for the second time right now. Finally trying a factory reset.

Best Answer

Calibration still isn't working. It just keeps saying calibration error. I never had this message appear at all before I updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
I am in the uk just updated 25 mins, a quick scan through the changes and I think what for me was already a good fitness tracker has now been improved still further.
For my part I enjoy using a product that that is all the time being improved and I am already looking forward to the next installment.
Thanks Fitbit team keep up the good work Smiley Very Happy 
Best Answer

I'm replying to my original post with an update:

Finally got it to do something.  Now it has gone through that long process of saying it is updating, I actually go the red status bar and it slowly went to the end and now I have a smidgen left to go and it has been stuck there for about an hour.  Is this normal?  I'm so annoyed that this is such a headache every time the Update Gods decide to rain down on me.  I really really love my Ionic, I just really really don't love this trauma.

Best Answer

No go- try number 7 now.  Literally.

Tried a different network, nope.  Did via home WIFI 4 times and bluetooth 3 times- no options worked.

After the download part, I get a big x across the screen of the watch.   Then "install" DOES come up, but the bar never moves.

I'm not technology stupid, so I definitely know what I'm doing... something is just wrong here 😞

Also..
The last time I updated I got a pop up on my phone that said "your ionic has been updated!" and I got SO excited after all these tries.  Only to reach for the watch and see it stuck on "install"... nothing updated at all.  So, that was kinda interesting.

I've done ALL the trouble shooting. What's the next option? 

Best Answer

Another update.  The little status bar has now gone backwards and I don't even know what else to do.  The device still has the little flashing circles so I can't even shut it down.  

ETA:  I took a chance, as I needed to use my phone and I couldn't keep it hostage in my room that gets the wi-fi the best for any longer.  I used the buttons to shut it down (the left button and the lower right button) since I couldn't do anything with my device with the circles showing.  Luckily, it seems to still work, although without the update.  For the time being, I will not try that update again.  Hopefully it won't prevent it from working moving forward.  I really do love my Ionic and I'd love to be able to click something in my app that will prevent future updates. 🙂 

Best Answer

@MattFitbitSince my update I have notice that when I swipe from Left to Right from the clock screen I don't get the settings screen. 1st Image. also shouldn't that read "swipe right" or "swipe left to right" in the manual.  All I see is an attempt to swipe to the right and the clock immediately springs back..

Also now that we have to swipe sideways to get the "today's" data there is no way to see what the manual describes in another view,  2nd Image We can swipe left on the RHR view. and steps..

Edited.... Swiping sideways on each of the tiles gives you stats if they are there.. Exercise activities will appear when they occur as a tile..

screen wont swipe.jpgToday not the same.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated successfully, still working through the new controls.  However, one thing is driving me crazy, the clock face I have been using since I got the Ionic now shows the date in the European format dd/mm and not the US mm/dd.  I have checked all my settings and they are all US and English units.  My time is in the 12 hr format.  I know there are watch faces that spell out the month, but I really like the one I have been using "Flashring".  and it appears as though all faces are in that format now.  Anyway to fix this??? 

Best Answer

@soccersnapswrote:

have you Mattfitbit read any of @ReadingAddict79 's posts?, shes clearly struggling and yet like every fitbit mod here youve palmed her off with nothing, and so many like here too. 

instead of all the high 5's happy slappy thanks for posting etc, thanks for stopping by, how about some real action, not just words.............how about really, really helping people?

i know my previous post about mods didnt go down well so it was removed, but surely you can do better than this

Didn't seem like mine was read too thoroughly, since the suggestion was something I said I already did. Thank you for this post.
I took it to email and I'm getting help that way- someone (Juan) responded within 1 hour of my e-mail.  He went directly into my account, confirmed a few things (that I was using latest app, last time I did a sync, etc) and asked me a slew of questions before he's going to try to help.  I'll be going that route, since it seems to be a little better 😉

Just hoping I don't have a bum watch?  I've only had the ionic for a few days. I know that update issues can arise, I'm an apple user (both phone and watch) and I've had update issues in the past with them too.  But my watches WIFI won't even connect (and I have rather good WIFI with a pretty solid connection in my home) - I'm hoping something isn't defective, besides a screwy update.

I'll figure it out someday- by either throwing this watch back or having someone else help, hah!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ReadingAddict79I'm sorry you are going through this issue.. I found I could only update via my phone connected to the wifi. Also if you are syncing as Juan confirmed your home network is ok or your phone network

But when everything is setup keep in mind that the Ionic will not connect to 5ghz Wi-Fi. See page 12 of the manual from this link it's a pdf file which will download.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Colinm39wrote:

@ReadingAddict79I'm sorry you are going through this issue.. I found I could only update via my phone connected to the wifi. Also if you are syncing as Juan confirmed your home network is ok or your phone network

But when everything is setup keep in mind that the Ionic will not connect to 5ghz Wi-Fi. See page 12 of the manual from this link it's a pdf file which will download.

Thank you 🙂

Not connecting to a 5ghz.  On the few occasions I could get the wi-fi to connect over the past day, I did also try to update that way. The other times I went through bluetooth. ALSO tried going through "connect" on my macbook and updating via computer.  Errors with all.

I did have a magnetic band on my Ionic.  Juan asked if I had anything magnetic near by- have taken the band off and I'm attempting it after that. Not hopeful, but..

I'm a long time Fitbit user- going all the way back to Zip.  Have never had issues like this before (besides some bands breaking on my previous Alta) - but Fitbit has always been good to me, so I know it'll (eventually) get resolved 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

created in error.

Best Answer