Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.32.4.19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: Fitbit OS 2.0 has been released to 100% of users.

Hi all!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.0! (Firmware Version: 27.32.4.19)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

What’s New

Fitbit Today:

Introducing Fitbit Today, an updated on-device dashboard that keeps you informed about all of your health and fitness data. Receive action-oriented and personalized content with daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, exercise summaries, and tips and tricks for using the Fitbit platform. Swipe up from the clock face to open the Fitbit Today dashboard.

Ionic users, your daily stats have moved from the Today app to Fitbit Today.

Music:

You can now add Deezer playlists to your Fitbit watch. For more information on setting up your Deezer playlists on Ionic, check out this article

What’s Changed

Fitbit Watch Interface:

We made some updates to the way you interact with your Fitbit watch:

• To see your notifications, swipe down from the clock face or press and hold the top button.
  • To see your stats and current battery level, swipe up from the clock face.
  • To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button.
  • Access your music controls all on one screen.
  • We’ve changed the order of some of the apps on your watch. 

To learn more about these changes, open the Tips app on your watch and follow the tutorial.

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
859 REPLIES 859
If I understand, those are the past 7 days. The stars represent that you met your goal on that particular day. This is the ONLY part of the update that I actually like...

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic got bricked by the update so Fitbit is sending me a new one. I sent the broken one back on March 22nd and have yet to get the replacement. Has anyone else ran into this. It was suppose to arrive last week and the tracking number keeps getting pushed out. I’ve been without the product for 19 days which just seems like an absurd amount of time based on my experience with other companies. Has anyone else had this same experience?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@owen27 wrote:

Hmmm seems there is a serious sync/connection issue.

I got my adidas ionic last sunday and even in setting up, updates were having problems.

And then sync issues seem to happen. It doesn't transfer data over to the app. Sometimes it transfers partially... ie steps reflect but not sleep.

Resetting and all doesn't seem to help the issue.

It is a beautiful watch that has potential.

I urge fitbit to relook into this bug as it seems there is a bug since the original ionic launch last year?

Well just to update... i tried the adidas ionic with my old iphone se and it worked flawlessly.

Apparently the issue with my huawei mate 10 pro is that it is not a supported device.

Well for the time being i am ok syncing workout data with the iphone as i do not wear the ionic through the day, though i would like all to be on my main phone.

The ionic is a lovely device... one that i do not need to charge everyday. Options of having workouts on the watch is also another plus.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your help with this Marie. I did not know that I could sync
directly with the computer. Thank you for that. It made a small change in
my testing, which may be significant.

I am using an iPad Air 2 with WiFi and Cellular, so yes it is a supported
device.

The situation is deteriorating, so the results are inconsistent. The
deterioration could be descried in three stages:
1. A few days ago the Ionic was not recording sleep, heart rate or hourly
activity, and when syncing active minutes would return the result to zero
on both the Ionic and the computer. It was successfully syncing steps,
floors and distance.
2. Yesterday the touch screen stopped working - I could not swipe up,
down, left or right, or touch the right top corner for battery level, or
left side to see goals etc. So I no longer have access to some information
eg distance, and cannot power it off.
3. Today it failed to successfully sync anything.

*Today's testing*
1. I went out for a walk with just the Blaze, and synced to the computer .
- result 5329 steps, 3.75 kms, 1023 calories, 10 floors, 49 active
minutes.

2. I went our for a walk with only the Ionic.
- before I left, the Ionic was displaying 5427 steps, 1043 calories,
10 floors, 49 active minutes
- on return from my walk my Ionic shows 11148 steps, 1579 calories, 15
floors, 82 active minutes

3. I synced directly to the computer, not via the app on the iPad or
iPhone.
- result 5417 steps, 3.81 kms, 1309 calories, 10 floors, 49 active
minutes (results of the Ionic walk not synced).
- however on the Ionic itself I still saw the steps, floors and active
minutes as they were, and the calories had increased - 11148 steps, 1617
calories, 15 floors, 82 active minutes
- I waited a couple of minutes and synced the computer again. The
only thing that changed is the calories - now 1312 on screen, now 1619 on
the Ionic

4. So then I synced the Ionic with the iPad.
- result, on the iPad 5885 steps, 3.91 kms, 1321 calories, 10 floors,
49 active minutes.
- on the Ionic, the same.

Around 5k steps, 300 calories, 5 floors and 33 active minutes have
disappeared.

*And then it got worse ...*
I attempted a factory reset as suggested by Support and cannot get the
pairing to work.

Thanks for your interest in my problems. It seems it is not even a watch
now. I can't get it to stop saying go to fitbit.com/settings
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GLTShey there, I was never able to pair and upgrade my Ionic with my iPad Pro 9.7" with IOS 11. It only works after I have setup the Ionic on either the PC or Android or Windows Phone.

However, I had much better luck upgrading with the PC app which was stable. Swap your sequence of pairing and see if it helps. Remember to unpair your Ionic from the iPad and remove the device.

Ionic on Vivo Nex, HP Elite X3 and Surface Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have completed the same process and this is my 4th day trying to get my ionic to update. This is so exhausting and frustrating. I ask too, what should we do. I have even went to the store and got a new ionic and it is still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What have u tried?

@safesafe22 wrote:

I have completed the same process and this is my 4th day trying to get my ionic to update. This is so exhausting and frustrating. I ask too, what should we do. I have even went to the store and got a new ionic and it is still not working. 

Ionic on Vivo Nex, HP Elite X3 and Surface Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently downloaded the new update like a week ago, not knowing all the problems it seems too have.

My ionic has been recently have several problems. Sometimes it will be traking normal but all of a sudden these errors occur.

1.  It will shutdown, and restart with ionic logo, and stay like that for about a minute.  It happen when i was tracking a crossfit exercise.

2.  I will be tracking an exercise and then suddenly it will just had stopped tracking it and i have to restart the exercise half way thru when i realize it stopped tracking.

These are the main two problems I have had so far, since I dont use the other options music etc, but probally will have problems seeing how faulty this firmware is.  Before I never had problems with my ionic, not sure why I updated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been stated several times "Step away from this update and don't look back". This update has been the most abysmal I've ever witnessed. And I've been in the technology world for several decades. 

My Ionic works just fine without it. Never restarts, always syncs, tracks just fine.

Best Answer

are you able to go back tot he previous update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no idea why with all these notifications from this thread and my posting numerous posts telling everyone to NOT DO THIS UPDATE! I couldn’t do the update saw these horrible reviews and had the sense to keep things as is! Nope not updating until this horrible update actually works!!

Best Answer

The new update has totally screwed up my ionic.  It won’t download so my tracker stays in a constant update mode.  Have tried the live chat thing several times, everyone had a different reason. No one is helped the problem.  Ready to dump the ionic!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all that and still nothing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's clear that the issue is the Firmware from the new update. Almost everybody responding on this thread is having issues after they updated (tried/completed) their firmware. Is there an ETA on a fix or replacement for the current firmware???

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wasn't on here looking for issues so didn't know about the problem. Just wondering how long it's going to take for Fitbit to correct it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wasn't on here looking for issues so didn't know about the problem. Just wondering how long it's going to take for Fitbit to correct it. 

@Hthopus32 wrote:

I have no idea why with all these notifications from this thread and my posting numerous posts telling everyone to NOT DO THIS UPDATE! I couldn’t do the update saw these horrible reviews and had the sense to keep things as is! Nope not updating until this horrible update actually works!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Maybe everyone didn’t see your posts before trying to update??? JUST MAYBE??

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This update did not make the fitbit ionic any better.  It totally disabled my notifications.  I had to factory reset my fitbit, uninstall the app and set everything up again as if I got a new fitbit.  It took 4 hours to do this. Horrible!  Main reason I dislike this update is NOW if my phone is on silent, the app says that i'm in "do not disturb" mode and notifications will not be sent to my phone.  If my phone is on silent that means that I don't want to hear/look at my phone. ALL THE MORE REASON TO SEND NOTIFICATIONS TO MY fitbit!!! So I can take a quick glance to see who is texting or calling and make the discussion to pick up my phone or ignore it.  This update needs to be followed by another update that fixes these issue and fast.  You are loosing valuable customers to frustration over an update that was not well thought out.

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not wanting to make anyone feel bad. Please don’t think that. And yes maybe they didn’t. But I feel so badly for those who upgraded to lose use of a very expensive piece of jewelry now left useless 

Best Answer
0 Votes