Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.32.4.19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: Fitbit OS 2.0 has been released to 100% of users.

Hi all!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.0! (Firmware Version: 27.32.4.19)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

What’s New

Fitbit Today:

Introducing Fitbit Today, an updated on-device dashboard that keeps you informed about all of your health and fitness data. Receive action-oriented and personalized content with daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, exercise summaries, and tips and tricks for using the Fitbit platform. Swipe up from the clock face to open the Fitbit Today dashboard.

Ionic users, your daily stats have moved from the Today app to Fitbit Today.

Music:

You can now add Deezer playlists to your Fitbit watch. For more information on setting up your Deezer playlists on Ionic, check out this article

What’s Changed

Fitbit Watch Interface:

We made some updates to the way you interact with your Fitbit watch:

• To see your notifications, swipe down from the clock face or press and hold the top button.
  • To see your stats and current battery level, swipe up from the clock face.
  • To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button.
  • Access your music controls all on one screen.
  • We’ve changed the order of some of the apps on your watch. 

To learn more about these changes, open the Tips app on your watch and follow the tutorial.

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
859 REPLIES 859

@ReadingAddict79 Thanks for your enlightened response. I have been with Fitbit since the Classic and to me most of the issues have been minor. A bad update a few weeks ago when I had to do a factory reset and start all over.

When OS2 was announced I was surprised I received the update icon the very next day and with trepidation I tapped. 29 minutes later all completed and on exactly the same home network as my previous Firmware update.

But one variation, my phone was updated to Android 8 and the day before the OS2 update the Android had another update and the App 2.67.1.  Hence my trepidation.

There are so many variables in our updating that any of these can cause a hickup, but when you get it going you will enjoy it. At my age, using the Fitbit Pay option has become a talking point in our local shopping centre, The other day a person with an Apple Watch was paying at the next register, raised her arm and said, "how good is that !",  a part of an advertising campaign our Australian ANZ bank/Fitbit were running right through the just completed Australian Tennis Open this  year.

All the best with Support you will find them very helpful because just the other day they established that either my provider or another issue had a spam flag put on my email address. They fixed that, I'm now starting to get some of the emails we expect when we have notifictaions set and the various ones ticked in in our desktop settings. As a precaution they suggested  I add noreply@fitbit.com into my safe senders list..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I received the update last night. It ate up my battery immediately. I charged it from 20% up to 80% at 2:00 p.m. By 10:00 p.m. my battery was completely dead. Is this a known issue?  My battery has been flawless until I installed this update. What’s going on? 

Best Answer

Fitbit Today doesn't seem to be working on my Ionic, nor is shortcuts.

Best Answer

I wish I could force update mine..I want to see the changes..I need the refresh... 

Best Answer

After setting up Deezer with the activation code and logging into my account I still have no Deezer section in Media, just Pandora and Personal.

This is in both my windows phone app and Windows 10 app on my surface book. App v2.31.1476.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WavyDavey under Today  swipe right to left  for rest of the  info  as well as up/down etc 🙂

Best Answer

Still no update here in the UK ,but having read this thread ,that might not be a bad thing .Is it true they have removed exercise shortcuts ?

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pointy101wrote:

Still no update here in the UK ,but having read this thread ,that might not be a bad thing .Is it true they have removed exercise shortcuts ?

Still there ... Just not hooked to the bottom button by default. But you can re-org it back into the same spot and restore that if  you want. Today is gone as an app though. Can only get that by swiping up.

Best Answer

Just updated the android app to 2.67.1 but in the list of ''wireless sync'' models, the ionic is not mentioned,

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mark.B.WAwrote:

@pointy101wrote:

Still there ... Just not hooked to the bottom button by default. But you can re-org it back into the same spot and restore that if  you want. Today is gone as an app though. Can only get that by swiping up.

Mine are there-  it's just not the right bottom button anymore, it's the right hand top button instead.

MY UPDATE WORKED.   FYI for all those having issues, after I exhausted ALL the trouble shooting they recommended via e-mail...  Juan had me delete the device from the Fitbit app, unpair bluetooth with Ionic on phone and reset to factory settings.  I did try half of the steps before (deleting Ionic. But never reset to factory settings).  This worked, and the update was part of the initial set up of my watch.  Took roughly 30 minutes or so and working like a gem.

Best Answer

Yes, they have remove the exercise shortcut, now you have to swipe to get to the icon. They should let people decide what the buttons do. 

@pointy101wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

As already discussed here, just hold exercise icon for a couple of seconds and move it to the bottom left corner and voilá shortcut is restored. 

Best Answer

I forgot to ask:

I 2.0 can you multitask? What I miss is being able to run the fitness tracker and shift to the timer app, so i can get a more precise time between sets when weight lifting.

Thanks up front

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having trouble with the latest version of Ionic update. I've contacted support several times and am running out of patience. Any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DavidIowawrote:

I am having trouble with the latest version of Ionic update. I've contacted support several times and am running out of patience. Any help?

What issues are you having? 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hello Folks,

I updated to the new Firmware without any issues.  The NEW firmware has a LOT of changes, so be aware of them.  Personally, I like the new firmware version.  HOWEVER, Fitbit must have something up  its sleeve for the "LEFT SWIPE", since now that is NOT being used.  Unless that is now being used for the female population (Ladies, how about some help)?

Love my Ionic and have preordered the Ionic Adidas Version.  Keep on STEPPING folks!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

@GySgt_Seidellwrote: HOWEVER, Fitbit must have something up  its sleeve for the "LEFT SWIPE", since now that is NOT being used.  Unless that is now being used for the female population (Ladies, how about some help)?

Female here, nope- my left swipe is "blank" just like yours.  Nothing there!

I like the new interface.  I like swiping up for the "today" stuff, though also swiping to the left within there to get ALL the details is something I'll have to get used to. But I like it.

Best Answer

@ReadingAddict79wrote:
Female here, nope- my left swipe is "blank" just like yours.  Nothing there! I like the new interface.  I like swiping up for the "today" stuff, though also swiping to the left within there to get ALL the details is something I'll have to get used to. But I like it.

Thanks for the info!  This must be something Fitbit has in the wings for the next Firmware upgrade. Not sure what they will do, but I’m sure they will be utilizing that feature again in the future!

Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

You're lucky, Gunny.  I still don't have mine.  How long did your update take and did you do it with a computer or phone and with wifi or bluetooth?

Best Answer

Hello all, first post here and a UK based mini-review/comparison after circa 3 weeks with the Ionic on the previous software.

This is a good update for me, my Nokia 8 now behaves like a supported device instead of constantly having to reboot to reestablish connection. Ended up having to uninstall and reinstall the Android app as it was claiming the Ionic was still updating after the Ionic was updated - other than that pretty straightforward.

The music controls are a lot better all being on one page, shame they had to be buried a long-press and a swipe into the UI instead remaining a shortcut from the watch screen. This is doubly so as there are two shortcuts unused (long-press lower left button & swipe in from left), one shortcut that's a duplicate (long press top left button & swipe down for notifications.) Maybe someone could write an app that functions as a shortcut? At the moment it's quicker to grab the phone out my pocket which I find counter to expectation.

The Today app is slow to load but I like the multidirectional layout, shame the battery percentage is only(?) there rather than in an area that is quicker to access.

My short press shortcuts remained the same after the update, neither are the exercise app though...

Deezer works well enough, I'm already a customer so didn't get a 3 month extension which is a shame for me

TL-DR: 8/10 upgrade from me, fixed some UX bugs, introduced others, increased overall compatibility. Would recommend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes