Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.32.4.19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: Fitbit OS 2.0 has been released to 100% of users.

Hi all!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.0! (Firmware Version: 27.32.4.19)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

What’s New

Fitbit Today:

Introducing Fitbit Today, an updated on-device dashboard that keeps you informed about all of your health and fitness data. Receive action-oriented and personalized content with daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, exercise summaries, and tips and tricks for using the Fitbit platform. Swipe up from the clock face to open the Fitbit Today dashboard.

Ionic users, your daily stats have moved from the Today app to Fitbit Today.

Music:

You can now add Deezer playlists to your Fitbit watch. For more information on setting up your Deezer playlists on Ionic, check out this article

What’s Changed

Fitbit Watch Interface:

We made some updates to the way you interact with your Fitbit watch:

• To see your notifications, swipe down from the clock face or press and hold the top button.
  • To see your stats and current battery level, swipe up from the clock face.
  • To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button.
  • Access your music controls all on one screen.
  • We’ve changed the order of some of the apps on your watch. 

To learn more about these changes, open the Tips app on your watch and follow the tutorial.

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
859 REPLIES 859

24 hours after updating my Ionic  (update took 25mins) I am uk based and I reckon the update has improved what for me was already a good watch, really looking forward to future updates.

Thank you and keep up the good work Fitbit team.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner My update took 29 minutes on the phone. When the update is available for you you will see a red drop down arrow in the top RH corner of your phone Dashboard.

Make sure you have the watch and the phone plugged into your power source and the WiFi turned on in the phone and it syncs via Bluetooth. Status bars will appear on both devices.

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

You're lucky, Gunny.  I still don't have mine.  How long did your update take and did you do it with a computer or phone and with wifi or bluetooth?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still unable to run the update.  Not using my phone's WiFi, not using Bluetooth.  It was suggested I try to do it from my laptop, but unable to install the Fitbit app on it.  Not sure if the update is worth it, except that every time I go to sync to my phone, I need to deal with that message

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased another Ionic today. I get the notification for the new OS 2.0 firmware, however after updating the firmware still reads 27.31.1.29… is this a bug? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shuffler @ReadingAddict79 @GySgt_Seidell Great to hear that you are updated are enjoying Fitbit OS 2.0! 

@DavidIowa @MatthewRoss Sorry to hear you are having issues. If you are having a tough time updating the new OS, feel free to check out the troubleshooting tips I posted, here

@bentgear @pointy101 You can the page your apps live on by holding down on the icon and then moving the icon to the side of the screen, as @MassiP noted, here

@DonaldMReif If your watch is performing strangely after the update, I would recommend attempting a restart. If it continues to act up please feel free to post a screenshot of what you are experiencing.  

@205Lianne If your battery is suddenly draining I would advise performing a restart. I would also recommend checking out these tips

@imeson79 @Harboe Not to worry! We will be rolling out the update to more users soon.

@Golden_Pirate I've reached out to our support team on your behalf. They will be in touch via email within 48 hours to assist. 

@Dragonbird If you have an alternate personal Wi-Fi network you could attempt the update in, that might do the trick.

@N8teGee @MassiP @Mark.B.WA @T.J @Colinm39 Thanks for the help!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

It appears the install for the firmware never ends  I have had my Ionic for 5 days. Worked great for 5. I have restarted. Now trying to download the update for the 5th time. 

Any guidance on how long it should take? It appears to get 3/4 of the way through and just sits there. Please help! I really loved it for 5 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had mine since the Ionic came out.  It has worked fine, until now. If the update is not ready to be loaded, they need to pull it back and fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jazgoldI have had no issues with OS2 and have now just updated my Android App to V2.67.2 and all is still working as I expected.

The difficulty here, we are inundated with complaints and problems yet there must be many of us who aren't having these problems.

So for those having problems on the Android get the latest App if it's available for you before you attempt another update..

@jazgoldwrote:

I have had mine since the Ionic came out.  It has worked fine, until now. If the update is not ready to be loaded, they need to pull it back and fix it.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Bluetooth connection has been an issue since i bought it in december and i am still having difficulties.  Would not go for fitbit again and would not recommend it to anyone

Best Answer

Well, tried to update using my laptop and WiFi, no go.  So I tried using Bluetooth.  Not sure how long it took, I got tired of watching the screen.  when I returned, the message is "Could not complete your Fitbit Ionic update"

A lot of people seem to have been able to do the updates, but there are quite a few of us that have not been.

At this point, I think my best bet is to just ignore the message about updating. I've spent too much time on this for now.  Maybe I'll try again next week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using my Ionic paired with my iPhone 6s. I listen to music using the Google Play Music app. Playback control since the update is a major hassle. It seems like Fitbit is pushing Deezer for everything music related. So now I need to either move all my playlists and songs of the last three years and subscribe to a new service that Fitbit prefers, or I get rid of the Ionic? Is there any way to downgrade to the previous OS so that I can swipe right for music control? This doesn't make any sense to REMOVE functionality. 

Best Answer

Still no update here in the UK ,how is it rolling out ,by region or by device SN ?

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I did try that, and that was how I got it to look, finally, as if it was doing something, but it wasn't.  It just got stuck-for a very long time.  I wound up shutting the device down and luckily it still works, albeit without the new update. I'm totally cool with never updating it again as I love it to pieces as it is, I'll just have to learn to live with the little red 'firmware update' arrow in my app. 🙂  The only thing I have not yet tried is removing it from my app and trying to pair it again.  I need a few days to recover from that past trauma though haha!  

🙂 I'd really love to be able to check a box to opt out of any future updates.  I really love my ionic as it is anyhow.

Best Answer

@pointy101wrote:

Still no update here in the UK ,how is it rolling out ,by region or by device SN ?

Lucky dip I think?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After my Ionic updated to to OS2,   My Fitbit Today no longer works. I understand the icon is gone and you are supposed to swipe up from the bottom now to bring your stats.  It does not work. Even tried a factory reset and the update again. Still now luck. Anyone else have this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this update correct the Volume control issue with the Air Pods?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the new Today function accessibility (swiping up from the clock). It's the function I use most frequently. Unfortunately, I DON'T want to see Tips then... and take time to dismiss them when I want to see my stats. I'm a fitness instructor and I'm often trying to take a quick peek. Can I turn off the Tips or have them show up on a different screen?

Best Answer

Yes you can! If you swipe all the way down you will see a settings box. Tap on it and you will be able to uncheck the tips and inspirations.

Best Answer

I am unable to calibrate my device. I am following instructions to connect to charge and leave sensors uncovered. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Installed the update, and I like the update! The watch reacts very smoothly! 

One question, does anyone know where my battery statistics are? Swiping right on the main screen doesn´t give the information anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes