Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.32.4.19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: Fitbit OS 2.0 has been released to 100% of users.

Hi all!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.0! (Firmware Version: 27.32.4.19)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

What’s New

Fitbit Today:

Introducing Fitbit Today, an updated on-device dashboard that keeps you informed about all of your health and fitness data. Receive action-oriented and personalized content with daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, exercise summaries, and tips and tricks for using the Fitbit platform. Swipe up from the clock face to open the Fitbit Today dashboard.

Ionic users, your daily stats have moved from the Today app to Fitbit Today.

Music:

You can now add Deezer playlists to your Fitbit watch. For more information on setting up your Deezer playlists on Ionic, check out this article

What’s Changed

Fitbit Watch Interface:

We made some updates to the way you interact with your Fitbit watch:

• To see your notifications, swipe down from the clock face or press and hold the top button.
  • To see your stats and current battery level, swipe up from the clock face.
  • To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button.
  • Access your music controls all on one screen.
  • We’ve changed the order of some of the apps on your watch. 

To learn more about these changes, open the Tips app on your watch and follow the tutorial.

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
859 REPLIES 859
Swipe up tap Today.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

When can the rest of us expect the update? Any way to sign up to be one of the next once? Impatient. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Q1--When Fitbit decides to send it to you.  Q2--No.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To use the shortcut of lower right button , just go to apps on watch,  touch and hold exercise app and slide it to the bottom of the first app on watch ,, that will start the exercise app. You can use this for any app you want to open from the lower right button on the watch ! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

slide up on watch face Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DIKKEV2wrote:

can someone tell me if with this update notifications work for longer than 2 hours? thank you

My updates post throughout the day and stay on my ionic until I "CLEAR" them manually.  If yours is NOT performing this way, try doing a manual RESET (Left and Bottom Right buttons held down together until the Fitbit icon appears, than release).  Keep in mind, if you have the new Firmware installed, you will need to slide to the RIGHT and get on any screen, other than the Clock Face, for the RESET to work.

Hope this helped and keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnelBwrote:

I'm using my Ionic paired with my iPhone 6s. I listen to music using the Google Play Music app. Playback control since the update is a major hassle. It seems like Fitbit is pushing Deezer for everything music related. So now I need to either move all my playlists and songs of the last three years and subscribe to a new service that Fitbit prefers, or I get rid of the Ionic? Is there any way to downgrade to the previous OS so that I can swipe right for music control? This doesn't make any sense to REMOVE functionality. 

Not sure what your referring to, but I'll try to assist.  I have been using the Ionic since September 2017.  I have installed all my own music via "playlists".  I have never used Pandora and will not be using Deezer either as I have over 17,000 songs in iTunes, that are all mine.  The only change in the new Firmware is how to access the music setup/config feature, which is now a long press on the Left button.  Once this screen loads, slide to the left and you will be on the Music setup/config screen.  You still use the MUSIC App for your music playback and for installing the music onto the Ionic.  I have absolutely NO problems with the new Firmware and Music playback.

Hoped this helped and keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Best Answer

@Djohish2000wrote:

After my Ionic updated to to OS2,   My Fitbit Today no longer works. I understand the icon is gone and you are supposed to swipe up from the bottom now to bring your stats.  It does not work. Even tried a factory reset and the update again. Still now luck. Anyone else have this issue? 

So, I have also updated my Ionic to the new firmware.  To access the TODAY screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and TODAY will appear for you to scroll through.  If you are still unable, I would suggest trying a manual RESET (Hold down the LEFT and bottom RIGHT buttons together until the Fitbit icon appears, then release).  The RESET normally fixes all ills.  Keep in mind, depending on what Clock Face you are using, you may need to slide to the right and get on any screen other than the Clock Face to perform the manual RESET.

Hope this helped, Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I use the music controls frequently to control music in my phone.

1.My understanding from posts here is that to get to the controls in the 2.0 OS I will now have to

A. Long press left button

B. Swipe to get to controls

Is there any way to set the music controls as a shortcut for one of the right buttons so I can get to it more quickly?

2. I also understand that all the controls are on one screen. I would like to see a screenshot and get a better description.

A. What controls are there? I typically use volume controls, play/ pause, skip forward, and skip back. Are they all there?

B. Can some of them be operated with the right buttons?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ever since the update my Ionic prompts me to calibrate daily and fails every time. I'm stuck in an endless loop of failed calibrations. Do I need a new Ionic? This is very annoying.
Best Answer

The new updates features a summary of your daily activities if you swipe up from the clock screen. This also features a summary of your latest exercises (run, gym etc).

Currently for the summary of excersises only select information is displayed e.g. for a run the average pace and heart Rate is shown. Is there any way to modify the information shown? I would like it to display the distance and time instead. 

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there RA 79. Something went wrong when trying to update and now my Ionic is frozen. How did you restart your Ionic. I have a page that shows about 90% complete but now frozen screen and no link to my app. Any info much appreciated. Thx

Best Answer
0 Votes

So last night I read every post trying to figure out what to do with my 5-day old Ionic that got supremely jammed up in the firmware update - meaning it would get 'stuck' at about 90% through the download.

I no longer can credit the user with the steps to take but it required the following to ensure I would continue to be enamored of my new Fitbit:

-  blue-tooth off then on

- remove Ionic from the app

- turn phone off then on

- (tried a restart) but only a return to factory settings got it up and running

Humming along beautifully today. All good here. 

I will wait on the next download thought and true the community first!

Thanks. 

Best Answer

I got the update when my Fitbit Pay failed at the merchant and the screen said ‘refer to phone’. Luckily I had my card with me to pay! So I had to install the update to continue to use Fitbit Pay. Now the update is applied (took over an hour), I can switch between cards on my wallet using my Ionic - previously this was not available. Paying with Fitbit Pay no longer seems to vibrate when the terminal detects the watch which was handy.

Getting used to all the other changes and have rearranged the shortcuts so that the exercise shortcut is back where it was. 

Batter percentage  has mmoved but I am trying a new clockface which hasn’t this on the screen all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no update here in UK,would have thought it would be updated by now 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer
0 Votes

Shame there's no way to force the update so we can get it done at our convenience 🧐

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I tried all of that stuff multiple times before I posted on here. No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

You're lucky, Gunny.  I still don't have mine.  How long did your update take and did you do it with a computer or phone and with wifi or bluetooth?

Good Morning!  So I updated my Ionic to the new Firmware last week, as soon as the Fitbit App (iOS), informed me there was an update pending. I normally do my Firmware updates via my iPhone and Bluetooth. Yes, I have Wi-Fi, but since I use my Wi-Fi almost 24/7 on my PC for a host of other things, the band width is usually not good for anything else. For example, if I need to update my music playlists on my Ionic, I need to first, stop all the Wi-Fi activity so my bandwidth is clear. Than I connect the Wi-Fi to my Ionic and zero issues!

Love my Ionic and looking forward to hopefully receiving my Ionic Adidas Version this week. The new Firmware is smooth and very efficient, I think you’re going to like it!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

@steve420wrote:
Ever since the update my Ionic prompts me to calibrate daily and fails every time. I'm stuck in an endless loop of failed calibrations. Do I need a new Ionic? This is very annoying.

Try the manual RESET (hold the LEFT and BOTTOM Right buttons down together, until the Fitbit logo appears, than release).  The RESET normally resolves all issues. NOTE:  if you are using the NEW Firmware, you may need to get to a screen, other than the Clock Face screen, to perform the RESET!  

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@Kometikwrote:

Hi there RA 79. Something went wrong when trying to update and now my Ionic is frozen. How did you restart your Ionic. I have a page that shows about 90% complete but now frozen screen and no link to my app. Any info much appreciated. Thx

Try the manual RESET (hold the LEFT and BOTTOM Right buttons down together, until the Fitbit logo appears, than release). The RESET normally resolves all issues. NOTE: After you install the NEW Firmware, you may need to get to a screen, other than the Clock Face screen, to perform your RESET!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes