Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.32.4.19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: Fitbit OS 2.0 has been released to 100% of users.

Hi all!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.0! (Firmware Version: 27.32.4.19)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

What’s New

Fitbit Today:

Introducing Fitbit Today, an updated on-device dashboard that keeps you informed about all of your health and fitness data. Receive action-oriented and personalized content with daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, exercise summaries, and tips and tricks for using the Fitbit platform. Swipe up from the clock face to open the Fitbit Today dashboard.

Ionic users, your daily stats have moved from the Today app to Fitbit Today.

Music:

You can now add Deezer playlists to your Fitbit watch. For more information on setting up your Deezer playlists on Ionic, check out this article

What’s Changed

Fitbit Watch Interface:

We made some updates to the way you interact with your Fitbit watch:

• To see your notifications, swipe down from the clock face or press and hold the top button.
  • To see your stats and current battery level, swipe up from the clock face.
  • To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button.
  • Access your music controls all on one screen.
  • We’ve changed the order of some of the apps on your watch. 

To learn more about these changes, open the Tips app on your watch and follow the tutorial.

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
859 REPLIES 859

@Jgh32wrote:

I use the music controls frequently to control music in my phone.

1.My understanding from posts here is that to get to the controls in the 2.0 OS I will now have to

A. Long press left button

B. Swipe to get to controls

Is there any way to set the music controls as a shortcut for one of the right buttons so I can get to it more quickly?

2. I also understand that all the controls are on one screen. I would like to see a screenshot and get a better description.

A. What controls are there? I typically use volume controls, play/ pause, skip forward, and skip back. Are they all there?

B. Can some of them be operated with the right buttons?

To CONTROL your Music on your Ionic, you still use the Music App.  The update you are referring to with the LONG press to the Left button is just for your Music Controls (Bluetooth Headset, for example).

Hope this helped and keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BlakeNLwrote:

Installed the update, and I like the update! The watch reacts very smoothly! 

One question, does anyone know where my battery statistics are? Swiping right on the main screen doesn´t give the information anymore. 

I agree, the new Firmware is smooth and efficient!  To answer your question, the Battery Status is now on the TODAY screen.  Simply swipe up from the bottom of your screen.  Of course you could also change your Clock Face with one of the many new ones now available that incorporate the battery status right on the Clock Face.  The one I’m currently using is called “HUD2”, but there are many others to choose from!

Community Council Member

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Best Answer

No update in Germany

Now update is here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. I guess I was not clear. My use case for music is I run Google play music on my phone and control it from my watch. I want to know how the update will affect me.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit

What is the selection process to get the update?  Is there a way to get selected for testing?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jgh32wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I guess I was not clear. My use case for music is I run Google play music on my phone and control it from my watch. I want to know how the update will affect me.

Thanks!

There should be no change.  I have not used Google Music, so not positive, but I would suspect there would not be any difference.  If there is, please advise so a "Moderator" can come in and assist.

Hoped this helps and keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Limited responses with Android but Apple has the IOS locked down so the feature does not work. I am sure no one is shocked Apple is not allowing access so their own product looks better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

WOW, well in that case, I would contact Fitbit Customer Support for the additional help!  Should be an easy fix, once they identify the issue!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I discovered this morning that if I go into the Pandora app first before connecting my headphones the music control comes up and then I can pair my headphones and I am good to go. I like this better because a long hold on the left button also pulls up the payment app that required my pin code so this saves me a few steps.

Hope this is what you are talking about.

Best Answer

The first time I got the calibrate message mine failed also. Once I tried to calibrate while the Ionic was connected to the power cord everything worked fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the previous firmware seeing down from the top showed the controls for music on the phone. My understanding is that with the latest firmware I will have to long press the left button and then swipe to get to the music controls for controlling playback of music on the phone. 

I don't have the latest os update yet and am debating postponing the update if I don't like the new way of accessing the music controls. 

I want to know if I can make a button be the shortcut to the music controls.

I want to know what controls are present now in the music controls since the notes say all controls are on one screen now. I worry that they dropped some controls that were accessible in the old os.

I do not install or play music from the watch itself

Best Answer
0 Votes

I assume you may have already attempted this step but just in case you have not, is the Today App installed on the watch or did it get deleted during the upgrade. Either way if you did not get this resolved by tech support I would try deleting the Today App and then just install the App without a complete factory reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jgh32wrote:

With the previous firmware seeing down from the top showed the controls for music on the phone. My understanding is that with the latest firmware I will have to long press the left button and then swipe to get to the music controls for controlling playback of music on the phone. 

I don't have the latest os update yet and am debating postponing the update if I don't like the new way of accessing the music controls. 

I want to know if I can make a button be the shortcut to the music controls.

I want to know what controls are present now in the music controls since the notes say all controls are on one screen now. I worry that they dropped some controls that were accessible in the old os.

I do not install or play music from the watch itself

So with the NEW Firmware, the only real difference is in how you access the Music Controls (Setup/Config).  You still use the Music App for all playback and connecting to your playlists.  Once you get use to the new Firmware, it is much easier and definitely smoother and more responsive!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Question for a  Fitbit employee: Is there any way to block the block another user? Thanks up front.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harboewrote:

Question for a  Fitbit employee: Is there any way to block the block another user? Thanks up front.

I'm NOT an employee, but hopefully, I can assist you on this.

You can block friends in the Fitbit app: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon:User-added image
  2. Tap or click the tile with your name.
  3. Find your Friends list.
  4. Tap or click the friend you want to block to view their profile.
  5. Tap or click the three dots.
  6. To remove the friend, tap or click Block User or block friend
  7. If you want to unblock the user, go to Account > Blocked Users and select the user you want to unblock.

This answer was previously provided by @wmchapman.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this block users on the forum? This is what I'm after and I see this wasn't very clear from my question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Harboewrote:

Does this block users on the forum? This is what I'm after and I see this wasn't very clear from my question.

So, you are wanting to BLOCK someone from within the Community Forums?  I would say YES, if you designated them previously as a FRIEND.  But if the person is just a random community member, such as myself, I'm not sure if that is possible.  If however, you are having difficulty with a "RANDOM" community member, I would suggest you send a "Private Message" to one of the Moderators and explain what is happening.  The Moderators have the authority to handle what your referring to, even if you do not.

Hope this helped and Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - so... I got the update and had it install no problems.  However, the next day, my Ionic is stuck in a restart loop.  It started at 3AM (at least that's when it stopped tracking my sleep), and I've not been able to keep it up for more than 1 minute or so since.  I've done a factory restore and that did nothing to change the restarts.

Any other suggestions?  I did the hard restart 3 times in a row, did the factory restore... any other solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long does the update take to install?

My phone has a message saying "Do not close this app while the Tracker is updating" and below that it has said "Connecting to WiFi..." for about 15 minutes now.  It looks like a progress bar in between but nothing has changed.  The device just has the fitbit logo on it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just showed a red X on my watch and the phone still shows the same message now.  Not sure what is going on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes