Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Firmware release - 27.32.4.19

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE: Fitbit OS 2.0 has been released to 100% of users.

Hi all!

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.0! (Firmware Version: 27.32.4.19)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Ionic users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Ionic users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

What’s New

Fitbit Today:

Introducing Fitbit Today, an updated on-device dashboard that keeps you informed about all of your health and fitness data. Receive action-oriented and personalized content with daily and weekly health and fitness stats, historical activity, exercise summaries, and tips and tricks for using the Fitbit platform. Swipe up from the clock face to open the Fitbit Today dashboard.

Ionic users, your daily stats have moved from the Today app to Fitbit Today.

Music:

You can now add Deezer playlists to your Fitbit watch. For more information on setting up your Deezer playlists on Ionic, check out this article

What’s Changed

Fitbit Watch Interface:

We made some updates to the way you interact with your Fitbit watch:

• To see your notifications, swipe down from the clock face or press and hold the top button.
  • To see your stats and current battery level, swipe up from the clock face.
  • To access music controls, payments, and the shortcuts screen, press and hold the back button.
  • Access your music controls all on one screen.
  • We’ve changed the order of some of the apps on your watch. 

To learn more about these changes, open the Tips app on your watch and follow the tutorial.

Instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here.

I recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Ionic, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
859 REPLIES 859

Tried again, now my phone says "Please charge your Fitbit Ionic before updating"  which is odd because it was fully charged yesterday and I haven't used the GPS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those of you still waiting to get the Watch OS2 update, I just got mine on iOS and I'm located in London. 

I'm curious if this has a link, after being with Fitbit for a few years, they seem to release an app store update, which then triggers for the update icon to appear on your dashboard. The app update came this afternoon, and the ionic update came a few hours after. Keep your app updated 🙂

IMG_1645.pngIMG_1650.pngIMG_1651.png

Fitbit Blaze | iPhone 6

Let's start a challenge?
Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I get my Ionic in German again?? It changed to English with the update. It's not really a thing for me but there are people who are not really familiar with English...!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

add: my fit bit windows app says "according to our calculations you're in the United States".

Nice that it seems to take my browser locale.. but I chose "Schweiz" (Switzerland - German) so it should be German then..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my update in the UK ,took about 20 mins ,no problems ,seems a lot slicker just need to get use to new layout,how to I remap lower left button for exercise shortcuts please 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer

Seems like it's being rolled out to more people now. I've got the pink update icon but as I'm at work with no WiFi I'm not even going to attempt the update. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I don’t like the update why does technology have to keep moving it work why try and fix something can I rollback and stick the update

Best Answer

I don’t like it can I roll back if not why should I have to put up with something I don’t like 

Best Answer

@Deathstarwrote:

I don’t like it can I roll back if not why should I have to put up with something I don’t like 

There's no way to roll back. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I am really getting fed up with Fitbit don’t care once they got your money update it yes but why change stuff ocd suffers love it 😡 my other half is having problems with hers and not interested in helping now 

Best Answer

Trying to load latest firmware updates. Tried this 4 times and still cannot connect to my Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the update.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problems updating  here iin the UK either, whole process took little under 30 mins over WIFI. New firmware seems responsive, so far so good.

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the message reply function recently introduced with Versa? Why is it not included in this version 2 update of the Ionic?

Garmin Fenix 5s Plus, Fitbit Ionic, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hear you.  I also got the update.  I will be waiting until I get home.  I also received an update for the app.   Wondering if I should update the App and then the watch, or do the watch and then the phone app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Butterflywings I should update the App 1st then the firmware. I done my App a couple of days ago and the firmware in the last hour with no issues. Going to get my partner to do hers too in a minuite.

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great, thanks @Tony.r

Best Answer

Got the update today for both my Ionic and my wife's.

Mine went just fine, but for the 2nd time (previous update too) her Ionic updated and finished with Update Failed (or words to that effect).

Yet the Ionic was done and showed the ...4.19 update with the new features. It took a while (and support) call to get the Ionic to sync and let the phone & computer know  that the update was done and tikety-boo.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now that my Ionic has updated, my Run exercise app shut down after my first mile this morning. Anyone else having this issue or have a fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following the update I have lost the function to swipe left to right to get the auto screen setting, where can this be found now?

Best Answer
0 Votes