Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Fitbit damaged in water

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I Bought this ionic Fitbit from noon.com Nov. 6th 2018, at first it did not pick up GPS quickly, but it, later on, it worked fine. I had barely used it for a month when I decided to go into water with it, I had not gone .5metres deep when the device switched off by itself. I moved out and tried to wipe the face with a piece of clothing but everything collapsed. It looked like a truck had ran over it.

I called the customer service at the company to complain, they asked me to send pictures, which I did, they told me I would not be getting a refund because the warranty does not cover this kind of damage.

I wonder what type of damage they were referring to, damage from water which the device claims to be resistant too?

I have been so unhappy ever since Smiley Sad :smileysad: ... I need help guys, what do I do? Is this a lost cause.

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-05 at 8.41.16 AM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-12-05 at 8.41.16 AM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-12-05 at 8.41.16 AM.jpeg

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Try putting it in Rice for a few days. It pulls the water out.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

But the top of the device is also out of order

Best Answer

Hi @GeorgeJames, it's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Nice to see you here @WendyBSmiley Happy

Sorry for the issues with your Ionic. Thanks for sharing those pictures and for your feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product. I requested a new case for you, so you will get a follow up email to see what are the options you have with Fitbit.  

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I've had the exact same issue with two Ionics and just received my third one this week.  Both were replaced by support as a warranty claim, just like you it's as though the glue that keeps the screen attached came loose.  I'm surprised because I don't even wear my device in the shower, that's the time I use to charge it.

Sense, One, Flex, Charge 2, Blaze, Ionic, Aria
Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @gschoen.

Sorry for the issues with your Ionic bands. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. 

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes