Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic GPS is wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have done several runs with my ionic using the GPS and i have noticed that the distance never matches up with my other two GPS running watches. The first one I tested it agains was my Nike plus TomTom and every run it is between .03-.15 miles off from the Nike watch. When I rated agains my Harmon D2 it was between .03-.18 off. Has anyone else had it noticed this issue?  The conditions I tested it on was 3 mike runs 5 mike runs and 6 mike runs. I ensured each device had a GPS connection prior to starting the run and stopped the runs at the same time. On average the greater the distance ran the greater the discrepancy in miles completed.   When I spoke with Fitbit about it all they would tell me is that they can’t speak to the accuracy of other devices, which I understant but when I asked them about the accuracy of the ionic or even the number of GPS sats it uses they told me they do not have access to that type of information. I’m more than a little frustrated especially with how much the ionic costs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Known issue, long thread about it:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-GPS-Inaccuracies/td-p/2229217/page/23

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just switched to a Fenix 5 from Ionic for the same reason, plus Fenix 5 is more accurate with the HR, burned calories and steps in my opinion and offers more feedback on your activities. Too bad for the music storage, but I take my phone with me anyway.

With the strength training especially the HR difference is huge, the Ionic always shows astronomic figures, but the Fenix 5 is more down to earth with the results. 

Best Answer
0 Votes