Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic GPS tracking map not showing up in Fitbit exercise log app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the new Ionic and tried the GPS which connected during a short walk. 24 min later I finished, synced and looked into the exercise log for the day and it showed up but no GPS info or map of my walk. any ideas what i may have left out or did wrong? I started the walk using Ionic and GPS was connected, just doesn't show any GPS stats or map of the walk, only general stuff you would see if NO GPS was used.      Thanks!

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25
Ionic doesn’t use the GPS on the phone.
So here’s an update. I did lots of troubleshooting on this. While
troubleshooting I was walking and using the music app and that caused the
Fitbit to freeze. The steps stop counting, HR monitor stopped working (no
green light), which means calories were off. Basically, the core
functionality of the watch stopped working. That was the last straw for me.
I tried factory resets, 3 times didn’t fix the core functionality problems.
Called Fitbit and they agreed to send a replacement. I just got it
yesterday and putting it through some test now. Time will tell....
Best Answer

Thank you!. I will contact fitbit now. I notice my steps were off, however I thought it was me.but this all makes total sense now.

Thank you so much

Best Answer
My steps were not being tracked at all and HR functionality was dead. So I
had no choice but to replace it. Be prepared to reinstall factory reset.
Best Answer

I also have an issue with not knowing how to access a map of the route I walked. I did activate the GPS, both start and end exercise was used. And there doesn't seem to be a 'walk' option for exercise, my range starts with 'run' ! Help please.

Best Answer

There are lots of problems here and little in the way of solutions. I have a new Ionic that my partner paid hundreds of $ for yet it does very little for the money. 

Finding instructions is like getting blood out of stone. It takes ages to find anything and there are hardly any instructions! Why do I have to spend hours searching through forums just find out where I turn on the map?

For God’s sake can they not simply put sone comprehensive  instructions all in the one place?

It’s taken me weeks to find out that the Ionic cannot recognise roller blading, the GPS  map sounds dodgy and I still haven’t got it to work, the sleep tracker only records three quarters of my sleep, the heart monitor cannot record a pattern at any time, amongst other things. What the hell am I getting for all the cost involved ? 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner, have you reviewed the Ionic User Manual?

Best Answer
0 Votes