Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic HR accuracy declining, very rapidly, support says "nothing to do"?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased my 2nd Ionic about 5 weeks ago, and it's been a steady decline, in terms of tracking "actual HRM averages", during almost ANY workout, involving motion (which is pretty much any activity, by definition).  My first one, back in 01/18, was returned because it was nearly impossible to get it to sync with any consistency.

This one started out tracking average HR somewhat close to my rides (I might average 145-158 or so, depending on the speed of a group ride, or a solo ride), tracked over 2-3 hour rides, compared against "actual average" from an EKG-accurate strap.  This is when the values were roughly in the 130's, so sort-of-close, enough anyway.

Then it went to tracking in the low-mid 100's (same ride profiles, but values like 103, 107, ...).

Now it's gone to tracking in the mid-upper-90s; last night we did a screaming fast ride and my actual average for 2.25 hours was 157, but my Ionic says it was 97, hmm, that's 60 beats on AVERAGE, at this point.

The "support escalation" emails went back/forth a few times on this (when it was in the 100-110 range), and they basically concluded there was nothing they could do, what-so-ever, and that I should try to return my Ionic.

I got a credit from my vendor, and he basically alluded to the fact he didn't want another of these returned, and has stopped responding to my requests as to where to send it back to, he doesn't want to issue an actual return.

I guess I got my money, but really I just want to be able to track things, with some normal consistency.

My old Charge2 doesn't have this issue.  I probably shouldn't call it "old" necessarily, because it's my 3rd, the 2 replacements came from FB support, when it also stopped tracking my HR, the first one stopped completely, after 8 months, and the 2nd after 3.  The 3rd one is showing signs of the same, so I'm about out of ideas, given where I'm at with the Ionic...

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Similar problem here. I am on my 4th fitbit working my way u the food chain and my Ionic which, I have had for over a year, is way off on the HR and just about gave up on the sleep tracking. At lower rates it seems pretty goo but during any kind of activity it goes off the hook and exhibits numbers 50 or 60 beats higher than 3 other trackers I have checked it against so I know its the Ionic that is malfunctioning. I have done all the resets and everything else but, no bueno! As much as I despise changing to another device I think I have no other choice, This one is useless for my main purposes, to accurately track my HR and calorie usage. 

Help me or I'm gone. I have steered lots of folks toward Fitbit but that will end as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes