Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Just died...Worked one day, wont charge the next...?????

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I placed my ionic on the charger when I saw my battery running low. Typically I do this over night.  I woke up to find that the watch was dead.  I changed the wall charger that the charging cable is plugged into multiple times.  No success. I don't know if the magnetic charging cable is bad or if it's something with the watch. 

So here I sit without a watch, something to try workouts, and no ideas.  I bought this about 18 months ago.  For $250+ I would hope it would last longer than this.....  Ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @pniven, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Thanks for posting the steps that you've tried with your Ionic. Sorry to hear that this is not responding, you did an excellent job researching for troubleshooting steps. But let's try a couple of steps that might help to bring to life your Ionic. 

As you've mentioned that you bought it 18 months ago, I'd suggest to clean the contacts of your Ionic. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts, do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

Please try to restart your Ionic, if you haven't do so. How are you changing your Fitbit? We recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker. Did you have issues before with the charging cable?

Please take a look of these recommendations to charge your Fitbit too.

Let's give it a try and please keep me posted. Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @pniven, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Thanks for posting the steps that you've tried with your Ionic. Sorry to hear that this is not responding, you did an excellent job researching for troubleshooting steps. But let's try a couple of steps that might help to bring to life your Ionic. 

As you've mentioned that you bought it 18 months ago, I'd suggest to clean the contacts of your Ionic. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts, do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

Please try to restart your Ionic, if you haven't do so. How are you changing your Fitbit? We recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker. Did you have issues before with the charging cable?

Please take a look of these recommendations to charge your Fitbit too.

Let's give it a try and please keep me posted. Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Ionic will not charge either.  I have tried everything on the list 8+ times over a few weeks to see if I could get it to take the charge.  I called customer service and they talked me through these same steps and nothing.  They told me that since I am out of my 1 year warranty they can't do anything for me.  2 months shy of 2 years with this and I am bull**ahem**.  I am ready to go back to Garmin.  My watch from over 5+ years ago still works.  Was looking for a tracker and this was an investment for me.  Say good buy to that money.  I am not the only one dealing with this so it is a fitbit issue, why don't they take care of their customers???

Best Answer
I used a toothpick to clean the charging contacts on the back of the
watch. Works fine now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  It just stopped charging.  Tried all the tips to get it to work.  Nothing.  I guess it is dead.  lasted 2 years and 2 months.  😞 

Best Answer