Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Keeps Crashing on Run Exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has this happened to others? I only use the run exercise, mostly for refereeing football matches. On 8-9 occasions the watch has crashed on me. Luckily I wear a second stopwatch.

I contact fitbit support last night, they responded quickly but said this was something they were aware of and trying to get a fix for. This has been happening since i got the watch in October 2017, is there a timeline for this to be fixed?

As I am seriously considering asking for full refund due to product defect and buying a watch which doesn't crash when I use if for its main purpose....a GPS watch. I like the interface of the watch and obviously being able to sync up with friends, but I expect more from a £300 watch.

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

I started observing this irritating behaviour since last few days, when start run activity manually, it stops automatically at precisely 1km. Today I ran without manually starting the run tracking, instead allowed fitbit to auto-detect, it worked fine. Can someone suggest what’s wrong here?

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @cgray2017 and @Santosh_M! I appreciate the details you've mentioned. I've moved both posts together to provide some advice about the inconvenient. 

Regarding the time frame about when this is going to be resolved, I can confirm our engineers and developers are investigating and working to resolve it. As a workaround, it's recommended to manually log the activity and you will receive credit for it. 

Thanks for your understanding! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi, can you confirm if the above 1K auto stop issue is resolved with the latest release?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Santosh_M! Currently, this issue hasn't been resolved. However, as an alternative solution you may want to manually log the activity and you will receive credit for it. 

Your  understanding and patience is appreciated. 

Best Answer
Fitbit team, I’m really amazed to see this kind of casual approach from organisation like Fitbit towards addressing the major flaw in their flagship product ie Ionic. I invested money in this premium product to track my runs which is my prime objective however this device is not able to deliver this basic functionality. Let me know how early this can be resolved or please accept return of this product.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Santosh_M! I totally understand your frustration about the issue you're experiencing. I don't have an specific date about when this is going to be resolved but I can assure you that our team is working to resolve it as soon as possible. 

If you would like to return it, we have our Fitbit.com 45 day Satisfactions Guaranteed Return Policy. 

Once again, your understanding and patience while this is being resolved is appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Do you have any update on this issue now?? Don’t you think that the product is sold with inherent defect which is a cheating and crime??? How can you guys be so irresponsible about your flagship product and your loyal customers who has invested money in your product???

Best Answer

Fully agree, I purchased my Ionic to track runs.  More often than not, it resets to the time screen during my run.  Today I was doing a 12 miler and it reset around 3 miles.  I didn’t even bother looking at it again, I have come to expect it now. I can’t rely on it so it’s basically worthless to me.  I now use my phone as a backup when I run and have started wearing a 10 dollar stop watch during races where miles are marked.  I really thought I’d get something better than this for my 300 bucks.  I’ve been loyal to FitBit products for years, but I am at the point now where I am going to buy a Garmin and take the loss.  The fact that this has been a known issue for almost a year is crazy considering that this is the supposed big innovation of this product and the only reason why runners like myself got rid of a perfectly fine Blaze.

Best Answer

Well well well, fitbit strikes again, I had a blaze before the ionic and was struck with the battery drain problem that effected a lot of blazes and against my better judgments I decided to upgrade to the ionic because I just loved the look of it and love the fitbit app and now all of a sudden I'm having this issue where the watch crashes while I'm out running, similarly to the person who posted last I was out for a long run yesterday, 8 mile and the watch crashed about 3 times and when I got home and tried to sync my run it had only recorded the last kilometer of my run, I was extremely unhappy as I'm sure any long distance runner will understand.

Then I come here and it's like the blaze issue all over again, what is the point in having this device if its going to dump my stats data every time I go for a run? I can tell you now, no matter whether this is fixed or replaced, my next fitness band will be garmin. I will never buy from fitbit ever again!

Best Answer

I have the same problem now and I'm guessing this still is not sorted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too, notifications don't work, syncing don't work and the crashing and battery draining has been over a year now fit bit don't give a flying f about t fixing this **ahem**, I want my £200 back!! 

Best Answer

Yeah I know they keep saying there in the process of sorting it. They have been saying that for 2 years now

Best Answer

My fitbit ionic is less than a year old and has been crashing constantly most times I run and listen to music paired with earbuds. I have tried 4 sets of earbuds, all the same results (except I can no longer pair my bosebuds with the fitbit at all). I called fitbit and got the run-around that they are working on it. I asked for a replacement or refund and they would not consider that. A lot of money for a device that doesn;t do what I bought it for (running with GPS and music) - it is simply a piece of junk. Disappointing and infuriating.    

Best Answer